Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Aurora 9 Flap to Elevator Mixing - How To?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 03:45 PM
spinner
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aurora 9 Flap to Elevator Mixing - How To?

For my Aurora 9, can someone give me a quick tutorial on how to set up the mixing for flap to elevator with flaps being the "master". If there is a post in the Aurora 9 thread that deals with this already, I would appreciate guidance to that page. I have tried to follow the sample mixing example in the Aurora book but so far have been unsuccessful. Thanks for any help!
Old 07-10-2010, 05:55 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aurora 9 Flap to Elevator Mixing - How To?

ORIGINAL: spinner For my Aurora 9, can someone give me a quick tutorial on how to set up the mixing for flap to elevator with flaps being the "master". If there is a post in the Aurora 9 thread that deals with this already, I would appreciate guidance to that page. I have tried to follow the sample mixing example in the Aurora book but so far have been unsuccessful. Thanks for any help!
Depending on what you select the Aurora will automatically optimize the functions for your choices.
If you select a wing type without flaps, there will be no flap function control options in that model memories programming.
see also "Airbrake Function and Landing Mode." manual page 91.
"~ If your model does not have an airbrake, this function can be applied separately to the ailerons, elevator and flaps to move them to a "spoileron", "crow /" butterfly" and other creative flight control positions with the selection of a switch."

Aurora A9 - Flap (Landing) Mix see also sailplane below
"Flap Condition is also another way you can activate flaps (flapperons.) In this mix the default control is the left slider (LS) but you can change that to what ever you want... Note that when using LS the center of the slider is neutral so you have the option of ailerons down (flaps) or up (spoiler) with elevator compensation in either direction. If you leave the switch select for this at "NULL" then the mix is always active. Assign it to a switch to turn it on and off. This mix is also tied to the flight condition so can be set multiple ways depending on the condition you are in. "
Aurora A9 - Flapperon - Flaps - Set up.
"3. Return one screen, and set amount of flap control required for each of the two servos, say reduce from 100% (no movement) to 60% - 70% for both. User can also mix in "ELEV: 0%", increasing the "0" as desired."
Aurora - model set up & templates Program Templates. (If you have an HPP-22, download these files and transfer them into your Aurora. Save and share your own set ups. This way you could have more than one set of eyes look at your set up and possibly come up with other solutions).

more info under Flaps and Glider set ups at
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links