Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

servo voltage from esc?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 06:45 PM
tonywayne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo voltage from esc?

This may be a dum Q. Dealing with nitro planes servos operate off 4.8 or 6 volts depending on what rx battery you use. But on elec planes what voltage is ur servos getting if your using 3 cell lipo threw the speed control?
Old 07-11-2010, 06:46 PM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: servo voltage from esc?

The voltage delivered to the Rx should be listed in the specs for the ESC but I would guess it will be in the 5.0-5.5V range.
Woodie
Old 07-11-2010, 07:45 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: tonywayne This may be a dum Q. Dealing with nitro planes servos operate off 4.8 or 6 volts depending on what rx battery you use. But on elec planes what voltage is ur servos getting if your using 3 cell lipo threw the speed control?
As in post #2, BECoutput voltage should be stated on the ESC specifications.
Note, the voltage output is of less concern than the amperage available.
Most ESC with BEC will handle 3-4 servos with a 2S Lipo but only 2-3 servos with a 3S Lipo pack.
The higher the power pack voltage, the fewer servos that can be handled by the BEC. refer:

Electronic Speed Control - Why BEC and LVC cause most EP RX problems

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 07-11-2010, 08:13 PM
JCINTEXAS

Alan,
I am using the A123 battery for receivers and wanting to buy a field charger to run on DC.
Which is the best in your opinion?
Regards
JC (in Texas)
PS If I win the lottery I'd like to move to New Zealand....if they would let me stay.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:24 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: JCINTEXAS Alan, I am using the A123 battery for receivers and wanting to buy a field charger to run on DC.
Which is the best in your opinion? Regards JC (in Texas) PS If I win the lottery I'd like to move to New Zealand....if they would let me stay.
Unable to recommend a particular brand as so many are simply rebadged with local importers brand label (This enables more than one distributor in each country) - name change means a variety of prices for same item - (as many Mazda/Ford parts are identical off same production line except for the package & prices, so are many products sold for RC use.)
At present for field charging Lipo & A123 am using HyperionEOS 0606i because it was imo best available and priced right at that the time.
Technology advances since 0606i bought about 2 years ago, providemore choicesnow (suggest pick one which has a data port for upgrades such as most of the EOS series). Not knowing whatis in your locality, examples:
http://www.bantamtek.com/Support.htm
e-STATION 301DX-II NB: Refer to paragraph & picture "How to identify a fake BC8DX" etc.
Firmware Updates For Hyperion EOS Chargers

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 07-11-2010, 09:30 PM
JCINTEXAS

Thank you Alan. I will check these out.
JC