Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

servo chatter

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 08:44 PM
mscj-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo chatter

I've got an eclipse w/spectra-plane has an airtronics 7 channel rec in it-range checks ok to 60 paces, but the servos chatter when I touch the trans antenna, and I've got a couple of aileron servos that constantly make a quiet chatter even close to the transmitter. It's a quad flap setup on the wing with 2 hs300's and 2 hs303's and 3 airtronics std servos for the thr, ele, and rudder, if it matters. Any ideas or help? Flew the plane today, and it did a couple of rolls without any input from the transmitter! Not good.
Old 04-10-2002, 09:49 PM
IMAC Buff
My Feedback: (8)

Default servo chatter

Are you running a 6 volt pack?
You might be getting voltage gitter if your pack is topped off.
Might also want to try a regulator.

Craig
Old 04-11-2002, 12:31 AM
mscj-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Default servo chatter

I'm running a 4.8v pack-acted the same fully charged and after about 30 minutes of use.
Old 04-11-2002, 12:37 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default servo chatter

I asked something similar of Mike in the hitec support forum as I also have the hitec eclipse w/spectra and noticed some chatter around center that I can't get rid of usally..he said this is somewhat normal but I'm a little concerned about the battery drain with the mostly constant buzzing.

I've found sometimes I can make the elevator or aileron buzz come and go by moving the left stick bottom left to top right which is odd...does this change the buzz at all for you?
Old 04-11-2002, 02:03 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default servo chatter

I seriously doubt that this is a transmitter fault. Two possible causes are 1)some stiction or friction in the pushrod or hinges of the servo that is jittering or 2) a high impedance in either the positive or negative line to the servo from the receiver. Do you have any extensions or long wire runs? if so, and the wire gauge is small, excessive IR drops in the lines could cause this. If you can power the suspected servo with a seperate power source and the problem goes away, it is almost certainly line loss or a high impedance somewhere in the loop. Rod
Old 04-11-2002, 02:11 PM
mvigod
Banned

Default servo chatter

I wish this were the case...read my full post over in the hitec forum here for the complete explanation...2 seperate receivers/systems...no load on the servos..same channels jittering...both hitec receivers...hitec servos on one and JR precision in other...let me know what you think after reading the full synopsis.. thanx
Old 04-11-2002, 03:20 PM
Ergo60
My Feedback: (1)

Default servo chatter

Not that I want to start anything bad here and let me first state that I am a Futaba user.

The Synth module that Futaba uses in the 9Z line has had similar complaints. I do not know if they are similar. But I have read a few posts that the synth module having jitter, and range problems. I do not know if this helps, but at least you are not alone.

I have often wondered how the synth module can keep its tunig as tight as a dedicated channel RX? Maybe a new thread on these types of RX's would be informative.
Old 04-11-2002, 03:37 PM
mvigod
Banned

Default servo chatter

I wonder if I swapped the spectra with a regular tx crystal if it would alleviate this then?