Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

8FG - Sailplane mode for an Airplane?

Old 08-08-2010, 10:26 PM
ChrisCifra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8FG - Sailplane mode for an Airplane?

I just received my new 8FG and am trying to set it for my P40. I would like to setup the gear better than with my 8UAP. The gear moves backwards when it goes up, which causes the CG to change a lot and requires a decent amount of evevator trim to compensate. Since the gear moves slowly (it is pneumatic) and the trim changes quickly the plane will not easily stay level. On the 8FG there is a "Trim Mix" with delay function that seems like it would be a perfect solution for this, unfortunately it is only available in Sailplane mode.

Is there a way have a "Trim Mix" with delay in Airplane mode, or could I use Sailplane mode for my P40 and if so what would I loose?

Thanks for any info.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:36 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts
Default RE: 8FG - Sailplane mode for an Airplane?

Not sure if that radio supports flight modes in airplane mode but that would solve your problem.

Other that that, yes on a simple plane like that you could easily use sailplane mode and not loose any functionality.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:37 AM
Silent-AV8R

Why not simply use a P-Mix and mix elevator to gear??

Trim mix is a bit of a misnomer. It is really used for setting the trailing edge of sailplanes with flaps and ailerons. I use it to set thermal camber, launch camber, and relfex/speed mode. It does not really "mix" trims.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:02 AM
ChrisCifra

I am currently using a PMix for this and it works pretty good. With a PMix the mix happens faster than the gear, which is very slow to move. It seems like adding a mix delay would make things much nicer but I cannot find a way to do this in Airplane Mode.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:08 AM
pilotpete2

Hi Chris,
I see no reason that you can't use the sailplane software for this purpose, though I haven't tried it myself. If you use the sailplane software, you'll just have to assign your throttle channel to the throttle stick, easy to do on the 8FG.[8D]
Good luck,
Pete