Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba TX 6XAS Repair

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 03:06 PM
flyboy2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba TX 6XAS Repair

I recently sent my TX to the Futaba Service Center/Hobby Services for repair after it suddenly stopped working. I discovered during a routine radio check prior to flying that there was no TX communication with the RX. I had used the TX the day before without any problems. The Service Center notified me that my TX was in PCM mode and not PPM/FM mode. That would certainly explain it, except I had made no programming changes to my TX. I certainly did not make any changes in PPM/PCM mode. I also sent in the RX I was using and it checkout okay so it wasn't the problem. Does anyone have any explanation or theories on what could cause a non-programmed change from PPM to PCM in my TX?
Old 07-26-2003, 04:29 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My guess is that you were in the programming mode and changed it without realizing you did it. If you were in programming it and changed it and then changed other stuff, it wouldn't go into effect till you turn off the transmitter and turn it back on. You have to be carefull when programming and check everything well. That is the drawback to these radios, but if you mentally check everything, you will be fine.
Old 07-26-2003, 10:09 PM
flyboy2

Thanks FLYBOY. What is so perplexing about this situation is that I didn't make any programming changes from the prior day of flying. I just turned on my radio and went through the standard pre-flight check. I didn't do anything other than suspecting a problem with my switch. I changed out the switch to no avail. I didn't check my TX because I had not made any programming changes.
Old 07-27-2003, 04:12 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. I read this thread, and decided to post my recent experience with the T6XA. I was gonna make a new post. I went out to fly an 'old reliable' earlier today, and when I did all of my preflight check, I noticed that I suddenly had no dual rate plugged in. I know that it worked last time I flew, because I always check it. It was set to default, but all of a sudden, the switches had no effect. I flew anyway, cause this plane flies great with low rates. Never have tried high rates with it.

It is this plane.

I wondered if the hot sun had an affect on it? Been hot as Hades the last few days up here in the northern plains..
Old 07-27-2003, 11:44 AM
flyboy2

Hi deadeye. I know it's been hot in Montana and maybe that could cause such a prolem. It is always hot this time of year in Texas and I try to protect my TX from the direct sun light. Otherwise, how are things in Montana? In lived in Billings for about four years and really miss the Big Sky Country.