Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9CAP ailevator question

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 03:37 AM
hroachen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9CAP ailevator question

I just picked up a 9CAP, having flown an Airtronics Infinity 1000 for the past twelve years.

I'm setting up a Ucando with dual elevator servos, and I'm running into a slight problem. I've set up the ailevator function and have both elevator servos working correctly, except that the centering and throws are equal for both on high rate, but when I switch to low rate one elevator half has just a bit more throw, only in the up direction (down elevator produces the same throw on both high and low rate)

This one has me stumped, I can get the throw equal on low rate by using end point adjustment on the half that moves more, but then on high rate it's no longer equal.

Am I missing something obvious?

D
Old 07-27-2003, 09:05 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Believe it or not, I have the same problem and I adjusted it so that I could get the maximum throw and still get the elevator to track. It is like the position signal to the servos is not the same through the motion, just at neutral and the end points.
Old 07-27-2003, 10:24 PM
Aeromodeler

Not having the same problem myself............... but I don't use the pre-programmed setting.........
what servos are you guys running????
Old 07-28-2003, 12:27 AM
hroachen

Originally posted by Aeromodeler
Not having the same problem myself............... but I don't use the pre-programmed setting.........
what servos are you guys running????
Mine are JR 8411SA digital.

D
Old 07-28-2003, 02:46 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have experienced this problem on my big Extra. I set the mix up so the throws would be equal at full 3D deflection but they were a little off at low rates.

Something you could do to resolve the problem is set up two mixes for the elevators; one at high rate and one at low rate. Using switch assignability, the first mix would be active only when the elevator DR switch is on low rates, and you could set the second mix to be active when the elevator DR switch is set to high rates. A little complex but it might work.

A more elegant solution is to use a point mix to mix the elevator servos together. I am not sure if there is a TRIM option on the point mix, however.

One thing you'll want to so is to equalize the elevator throws using the mix %, not the end point adjustment of each servo. That should help keep them equal througout the range of travel on both rates.
Old 07-31-2003, 01:06 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I am using Futaba 9303.
I tried the multiple mix but I could not get the offset to work on one side without effecting the center.