Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Expert 4 Channel Fm Transmitter

Old 07-20-2003, 04:22 PM
bill grundy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Expert 4 Channel Fm Transmitter

When the TX battery is fully charged: (1) if disconnected it retains it charge OK (2) if left connected in the TX it discharges within two to three days. Any solution to my problem?
Old 07-28-2003, 11:11 PM
LoveToFly-RCU

Default Expert TXM

I have an Expert TXM for so many years, was one of the first that came out and I'm charging with the original charger, but never had that problem, matter of fact I have modified the charger so that has a trickle charge position done with a switch. In your case I think you have problem with the charger that you are using, because the only way that the battery discharges when connected is because it is something wrong with the charger. Try to use different charger and see what happen. ALDO
Old 07-29-2003, 01:27 AM
Lynx

There's something wrong with your radio if a battery is dieing with the power switch in the off position..
Old 07-29-2003, 11:51 AM
bill grundy

Regarding the porblem with the tx battery discharging - is is not the charger - used several, including recyclers. The problem is in the transmitter itself. I am an electronics tech but don't want to spend a lot of time tracing down the fault - the components are surface mount and not easy to identify what is what. I guess I am looking for a schematic for an Expert model BRW 4-channel FM tx.