RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   the mc 4000 red button blue`s (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/1023826-mc-4000-red-button-blue%60s.html)

fadmuker 08-04-2003 07:52 PM

the mc 4000 red button blue`s

help me please i got the red button blue`s,
I got a red button on my throttle stick, thats switch 5!
in the test menu it works, but when i try to assign it to momentery 1
from sw 5
to timer,
it do`s not respond???
if i was to start all over again, what would the programing flow be :confused:
please help
FADMUKER

:D ITS FUN TO FLY FUNFLY :D

HarryC 08-04-2003 09:01 PM

Assign M1 to the timer, not S5.

Harry

fadmuker 08-08-2003 06:58 AM

CONFUSED

HARRY C,
I have tested the switch sw5, in the test menu, it points the arrow one way, only when pressed,
I then assign to momentary 1
I then assign to sw5
I then go to timer and assign to momentary 1
I then set timer to count down 8 min

I press the button switch on my stick! and nothing happens
yet if I press the R button it reverses, to on * and then the timer starts, but will not respond to the stick switch and stop???
am I doing something wrong :confused: :confused: :confused:

HarryC 08-08-2003 08:27 PM

I can't see anything obviously wrong. Try it again from scratch.

menu 2, switches, scroll to M1 the screen should show

Assign switches
MOMENTARY SW: M1
FROM SWITCH :SO5 up arrow

then in menu 1, timer/count should show

TIMER 1: M1up arrow
TIME : 00:XXXXXXXX
START: 00:08:00
RESET: AUTOMATIC (unless you want cumulative time, set it to manual)

Each time you press M1 the asterisk next to M1 up arrow should toggle on and off. If you want a beep each time you toggle the timer to reset/start, activate TIMER 1 with the top left button and scroll all the way up to co-pilot, choose TIMER 1 with bottom left button if required, and using the bottom right button set it to ON.

Harry

CWLWL 08-09-2003 08:05 AM

Harry,

I am confused by the ORIGINAL/ NEW MAUNAL on the internet about what do the TEACHER sw, TRANSFER sw,MOMENTARY sw, ANAGLOUE sw do in ASSIGN SW MENU? Can you suggest any examples? Seems like MPX change some of the use of them in the NEW? VERSION?
CONTROL sw are obviously for control functions? right, but if my MC4000 only came with the basic configurations, how should I ADD SWITCHES OR VR to it so that more functions can be obtained? What values of VR should I put to use so as to match the circuit, not affecting other configurations?

LOGIC sw may be too difficult or complex for me at this stage, right?

Also I can't make the TX understand I want the SO1 as a 3 pos. sw by which I want to use it as : UP= NORMAL(done) , MID=COUPLED FLAP/ ELEVATOR(done), DOWN=ANOTHER COUPLED FUNCTIONS, eg: FLAP+ELE.+ AIL..

Thank you for your kindly helps very much.

David

HarryC 08-09-2003 10:32 PM

David,

Mpx did users no favours by not writing a new manual for the V2 software. There are significant changes and I'm afraid you just have to keep reading back and forth between the manual and the V2 supplement.

The switches in menu 2 are software switches, not hardware switches. You might think that a control switch is a hardware switch that operates a control like G or H, but no, it is just a very confusing name! The software switches are triggered by other things, such as the position of a control. More confusingly, the control switches are not just triggered by a control but can be triggered by a trim position or by a servo position - a servo may be mixed or have a time delay applied so a servo position is not the same as a control stick position. I could write half a manual just on the options within each type of software switch and what can be done with them.
Examples:
1. For aerobatics I like some expo on up elevator but none on down elevator so I assign a one position control switch to the ele stick with the trigger point 1% forward of neutral and then set the expo switch to that control switch.
2. I assign two 1-position control switches to either side of the rudder control, then pass their outputs through a logic OR switch and assign the logic switch to a flight mode. Normally my plane has soft pattern type movements but when full rudder is used for spins or flicks it changes flight mode and gives me much more elevator and aileron.
3. Some 3D models like ele to flap mixing in the conventional opposite direction for sharp cornered loops, but also mix the unconventional same way for harriers etc. Use a 3 position switch to give one mixer off, one conventional and one unconventional mix. A switch plugged into a control socket G onwards is interpreted correctly but if plugged into a secondary socket S01-S12 will be interpreted as a 2 position switch. The job of a Transfer switch is to interpret it as a 3 position switch so I can then assign the 3 positions to the correct mix.
4. Momentary switches allow a non-latching thing to be treated as latching. I fitted a button to operate my flight timer. It is a sprung button, non-latching, it is only ON while you hold it down. By assigning M1 to it, it beahves as if it latches, so one press starts the timer and keeps it running, next press stops the timer, next press resets and starts or continues it depending how the timer is set up, next press stops it, next press resest/starts and so on. I use another similar button as a wild 3D mix button but did not assign an M switch so it only is ON while my knuckle presses against it and it comes off as soon as release the pressure.

I can't say if Logic switches are too difficult for any particular individual. I was into them on the second day of owning the radio, but I do have a degree in Logic & Metaphysics so I should hang my head in shame if I can't get to grips with Logic switches!!

To add hardware switches or buttons simply plug them into a control or secondary socket and they work. The menu 2 switches menu is nothing to do with them despite the confusing name. I don't know what value VR would be needed, I have cannibalised a rotary control from an old JR set and intend one day to fit that and try it.

To make the Tx understand your 3 pos switch you have similar requirement to my example 3 above. Go menu 2, transfer switch, assign S01 to T1. Now to operate mixers, dual rates etc you can assign either S01 or T1 as the operating switch. It can be both at the same time, a 2 and a 3 positon switch. To assign it in 3 pos mode there is a crucial difference compared to assigning a 2 pos S01-S12. You assign the switch position, not just the switch. T1-1 is switch down, T1-2 is middle and T1-3 is switch up. So go to the servo inputs and assign T1-1 to T1-3 as appropriate. For example, in a servo you want that input to be on at switch up and off at middle and down, then assign T1-3* to that input. If you don't see the * then press R, otherwise it will be off at up and on at middle and down! When T1-3* is assigned, move the switch to middle and down and you will see the * disappear indicating that the mix input is off at those switch positions. At the same time you can still assign S01 to anything.

Harry

fadmuker 08-10-2003 07:32 AM

stumped

harry,
tried it from scratch, both ways :confused:
could there be some other way to activate the momentery switch?
as it is working in the test menu :confused:

CWLWL 08-10-2003 11:29 AM

Harry,

Thank you very much for your detailed replies indeed.

I wonder where do the technical/ marketiing persons of MPX go? I think they really did a great programming jobs for their products, but what is the point to launch an excellent product if technical supports are as neglected as MPX does. I only can acquire there is a new version of manual for V2 out there on the net, the original manual did not mention it at all.
I wonder how would one do with this MC4000 if he/she do/ can not go through the internet? It would be merely a system more difficult to use than a ancient Kraft sport series system.

Will it be so difficult for MPX to set up a service centre & send just one sales engineer to the market they are interesting in? The overhead should not be that hard to be covered in my opinions.

David

HarryC 08-10-2003 03:25 PM

David, your 4000 should have come with both manual and supplement. If the supplement was missing you need to take it up with the shop. Mpx is not the only brand do do this, others also upgrade their radios and include a supplement sheet rather then a new manual. I learned it from the manual and supplement and it all makes sense to me. The Futaba and JR forums are full of programming questions which suggests that Mpx is no different to the others, and those forums are run by the American importers, not by Futaba or JR, so again Mpx is doing no less than Futaba/JR. No help is available like that in the UK for Futaba/JR, users here have to go to the American importer's forum.

Fad, assign S05 to the timer and tell me what happens when you don't press it and what happens when you hold it down.

Harry

CWLWL 08-11-2003 06:06 PM

Harry,
Thank for your opinions,

CWLWL 08-11-2003 06:11 PM

Harry,
( WRONGLY PRESS ONCE BEFORE)

Thank you, but I bought the MPX at modelspot co. in UK, I try to check if they could send me the 'supplement manual' . Is it the same thing as being posted on the internet or another newer version?

David

HarryC 08-11-2003 08:37 PM

AFAIK the version on the internet is the only version of the supplement, I don't think there is a newer version. Modelspot should have supplied it with the radio or sent one on to you if you let them know it wasn't included. It is a bit of a nuisance reading back and fore between the manual. the best thing to do is check what in the supplement is changed from the manual and mark the manual on those pages, then as you read through the manual your mark tells you to go to the supplement instead.

Even with manual and supplement together they don't do a fraction of justice to the radio, I think there are bits not mentioned at all and it gives no decent examples of just what you can do with the travel screens, the 3 different servo slowing stages, software switches etc. One day I might get around to making a DVD manual for it!

harry

fadmuker 09-13-2003 04:54 PM

RE: the mc 4000 red button blue`s

harry c,
finally solved the riddle of the red button blue`s
after 5 ignored emails to mpx(must be to busy counting the profits to bother with a back up service!!!)I phoned wes at Lancaster's(great bloke) and he got mpx to reply to my e mail!
they told me to OPEN THE BACK and turn the stick button connector round 180 degrees
( meaning that it had been put in the wrong way),
and hey presto it works.and the moral of this tale of woe!!
next time you spend 700 quid on a top of the range German made radio,
and it do`s not work right,
and the company ignores your plea for help,
assume they have just BALLS ED IT UP, AND ARE TO EMBARRASSED TO TELL YOU!

:DITS FUN TO FLY FUNFLY:D

HarryC 09-13-2003 05:05 PM

RE: the mc 4000 red button blue`s

Ah, the (in)famous German customer service. Ve made ze best radio, vot more do you vont? ;) I hope that HitecUSA's attitude to customer service will start to intrude upon Mpx's mindset, it does need a good shaking. Awesome products, now if they can get customer service to match then their sales would climb like a homesick angel.

H