RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Wierd Tramission/Reception Problems with Futaba 6x Super Radio (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/1093116-wierd-tramission-reception-problems-futaba-6x-super-radio.html)

kwalus 08-27-2003 01:27 AM

Wierd Tramission/Reception Problems with Futaba 6x Super Radio

Hi,

I am experiencing some terrible problems with my Futaba 6x super radio. The problem did not exist when I first purchased the radio.

The problem manifest itself as radio interference through jitter of the servos. I have tried the radio in different locations without any noticeable change. If the receiver and servos are powered up and the transmitter is off the jitter is not present. If I power up the transmitter almost next to the receiver there is no jitter unless I touch two pieces of metal together close to the system. What I mean is, I have turned on the transmitter and for example I use a modeling knife to touch some of the screws on the plane and notice that the servos begin to jitter, this is very strange. I realize that when two pieces of metal come into contact there is some minor radio waves emitted, but I never expected it to cause radio interference with the transmitter sitting right there.

Also, when I do a range check the system begins to fail at only about 10 feet away with both the transmitter and receiver at max battery charge. At first I thought that maybe it was the receiver itself that was failing, but the problem is present regardless of the transmitter as I have tried 3 different ones. Then I suspected that maybe the crystal at the receiver or transmitter may have been slightly damaged and resulting in a slight shift of the oscillation frequency causing the system to be on the edge of stability. I replaced both the transmitter and receiver crystals without any success. I also tried two different receiver batteries thinking that maybe there was not enough power, also without any success.

Can you please help me.

Best Regards,

Konrad Walus
ATIPS Laboratory
University of Calgary

Lynx 08-28-2003 01:58 AM

Have you checked the antenna on the receiver to see if it's intact? If there are any breaks in it at all you could have problems like that. And the servo's twitching when you're touching metal bits with the xmitter close to the receiver is normal, you don't actually fly this way so ignore it, so long as you get good range checks. Sounds like the receiver itself is dead. Or injured.

transmission_dr 08-28-2003 04:57 PM

Sounds like it is time to send your system in to be checked. Could be a problem with either the receiver or the transmitter. The only way to know is to get the system checked by a competent test facility.

HTH