RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Futaba R6014HS Rx- how to change modes? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/11170199-futaba-r6014hs-rx-how-change-modes.html)

Rv7garage 07-26-2012 11:10 AM

Futaba R6014HS Rx- how to change modes?

Gang, I'm not sure how to switch my 14-ch Futaba receiver from Standard mode to High-Speed mode. The manual is not very clear. Can anyone tell me how this is done? Thanks in advance!

exeter_acres 07-26-2012 11:50 AM

RE: Futaba R6014HS Rx- how to change modes?

1 Turn off the receiver.
2 Press and hold the link/mode switch and
turn on the receiver. Keep the switch hold
more than one(1) second. The LED starts
flashing with the current status.
3 Release the switch.
4 Turn off the receiver.

unless you are flying a heli.. and considering entering the XFC... it is not needed... ;)

Silent-AV8R 07-26-2012 12:43 PM

One other thing. Do NOT have the Transmitter on while doing this. Ask me how I know [&:]

And I totally agree about the HS mode. Like Exeter says, most mortals will not notice any difference when using it or not. I know I didn't, even in my helis!! All it does it decrease the time the servo takes to reach full holding torque, which is really only important if you are stirring the sticks rapidly.

Rv7garage 07-26-2012 01:30 PM

Cool. Thanks, guys :)

2.4ghs 01-05-2014 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by exeter_acres (Post 11170252)
1 Turn off the receiver.
2 Press and hold the link/mode switch and
turn on the receiver. Keep the switch hold
more than one(1) second. The LED starts
flashing with the current status.
3 Release the switch.
4 Turn off the receiver.

unless you are flying a heli.. and considering entering the XFC... it is not needed... ;)

exeter_acres, i did just like what this says here and i am getting a green light now when i turn on the rx.
i have tried a couple times,
what is happening is we set the plane all up and everything looked ok we got to the flying site and i turned everything on and the elev. was not working right i pull back and one side of the elev would go normal and the other would
come up slow but that did not happen all the time sometimes it would be good and then you would release the stick and it would go down slow.
really weird, I thought well maybe batt. but its right up there 6v. Also i never heard analog servos hum like these it is even worse the digital servos.
now i took one of the analog servo's out and put in a digital servo and there was no humming.
I still think i am in HS mode but can't seem to get out of it.

Rocketman612 01-07-2014 10:44 AM

Yes your still in HS mode and you can burn up your analog servos. I had to do mine several times before I got it to normal mode. Do the above steps again if the LED flashes red/green your in HS mode.

Pete

2.4ghs 01-07-2014 05:40 PM

well I got it now, when i turn on the RX it is red and when i turn on the TX it turns green and everything is quiet and works great.
again thanks for all the help the old guy got it figured out with all the help.