RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   SPEKTRUM AR6200 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/11250060-spektrum-ar6200.html)

davidorn 10-03-2012 04:37 PM

SPEKTRUM AR6200

This is the 2nd time that I've had problems with this AR6200 w/ satellite. First time, lost bind, could'nt bind back. Luckily I was testing it out on the ground in one of my planes. 2nd time, I lost the bind and signal plane crashed right into a tree. Stupid 6200, never buying another one of these Spektrum rx. I may just go Turnigy all the way since I really like all of their products. They make great quality RX FRSKY, along with their TX, at half the price.

BuschBarber 10-03-2012 05:37 PM

RE: SPEKTRUM AR6200

ORIGINAL: davidorn

This is the 2nd time that I've had problems with this AR6200 w/ satellite. First time, lost bind, could'nt bind back. Luckily I was testing it out on the ground in one of my planes. 2nd time, I lost the bind and signal plane crashed right into a tree. Stupid 6200, never buying another one of these Spektrum rx. I may just go Turnigy all the way since I really like all of their products. They make great quality RX FRSKY, along with their TX, at half the price.
I have had many RC radios over the years. If I have a crash and the receiver is suspect, I get another receiver of the same type and give that a shot. You have to be patient when diagnosing problems like this as there are a multitude of things that could cause such an event. In this case, it might have been prudent to send in the Rx after the first crash or at least keep a spare foamie that is expendable and use it as a test bed whenever you are not sure your radio is operating properly or you want to test a new receiver before you put it in a new aircraft. I have many friends that do this with new equipment.

If you are not happy with the manufacturer's products, then by all means try another manufacturer's product, but if all it takes is a couple of incidents with the same Rx, you may run into the same issue no matter whom you go with.

I have had Futaba, JR, and Hitec products, on 72Mhz, and had to deal with RF noise issues, but not defective receivers. I have been using Spektrum since it first came out and I have never had an issue.

davidorn 10-03-2012 05:48 PM

Thanks Rich for the advice, I have had this in several foamies, so it has been working since last incident. Just put it in another cheap balsa but it is spurratic from what I've experienced with this. Maybe it is that RX, I don't have another 6200 to compare so I will have to get another one. I also use OrangeRX and have not have any issues yet. I had a friend who bind this and had problems on his spektrum afterwards with his plane. I'd get it and send it back to HH, but it's stuck up in a tree, no chance getting that nice plane back. I'm going to go Turnigy, it's cheap enough for me to convert, I know several people on Turnigy system with telemetry and all have said superb so far.
I'll give it a shot..
I also have a JR 72hz , no problems with that either.

BuschBarber 10-03-2012 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: davidorn

Thanks Rich for the advice, I have had this in several foamies, so it has been working since last incident. Just put it in another cheap balsa but it is spurratic from what I've experienced with this. Maybe it is that RX, I don't have another 6200 to compare so I will have to get another one. I also use OrangeRX and have not have any issues yet. I had a friend who bind this and had problems on his spektrum afterwards with his plane. I'd get it and send it back to HH, but it's stuck up in a tree, no chance getting that nice plane back. I'm going to go Turnigy, it's cheap enough for me to convert, I know several people on Turnigy system with telemetry and all have said superb so far.
I'll give it a shot..
I also have a JR 72hz , no problems with that either.
I have lost aircraft before so I know the feeling. There are many other manufacturers and products to choose from. If you do not have a big investment in an any one manufacturer's products than it won't hurt to shop around. The transmitter is usually the most expensive part of the radio system. Because 2.4 radios are so proprietary, when you jump from one manufacturer to the other, you have to buy their Tx and Rx. There are other considerations such as the variety of Rx's and the programming features of the Tx. Warranty, Tech support, and service are also important.

AndyKunz 10-04-2012 07:54 AM

I suggest you return the receiver to Horizon and tell us your problem with it.

Start here: http://servicecenter.horizonhobby.com/

Andy

DadsToysBG 10-04-2012 08:10 AM

You're having something other the lost bind. When you understand how the new 2.4 system works you'd know that once you bind a receiver to the transmitter it can not "lose bind"
The GUID number is programed into the receiver. This applies to all radio systems.
If you programed failsafe and the plane goes into failsafe that indicates a loss of signal, blinking lights on the receiver shows loss of power.
Take Andy's advice. Dennis

davidorn 10-04-2012 08:24 AM

Thanks Andy, only one problem, stuck up in a tree that I can't get to.

davidorn 10-04-2012 08:28 AM

Thanks guys for the advices. Dennis, if have any rx or anything you're willing to sell me, let me know. I wouldn't mind getting some good quality stuff. No sure how to program fail safe on my dx6i either. You guys are more experienced at this stuff than I.

DadsToysBG 10-04-2012 08:31 AM

Sent you a PM. Dennis