RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Hobbyking RX3S Flight Stabilizer (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/11281898-hobbyking-rx3s-flight-stabilizer.html)

mjunior 10-31-2012 03:41 AM

Hobbyking RX3S Flight Stabilizer

1 Attachment(s)
Have you guys tried it in glow powered models?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...tabilizer.html

Any thread about it?

Regards

dirtybird 10-31-2012 05:30 AM

RE: Hobbyking RX3S Flight Stabilizer

I have a couple of them. I expect to try them soon.
There is a lot of info on Hobbykings comments with the article

mjunior 10-31-2012 05:54 AM

Yes but I couldn't see precise information about the results in glow powered models. I'm affraid the natural vibration of those models will affect the stabilizer performance.

dirtybird 11-01-2012 09:22 AM

I wouldn't expect vibration to cause any problems if it is mounted securely to prevent movement independent of the aircraft. They are all solid state components. Its not like a spinning flywheel gyro.

bicyclemonkey 11-18-2012 04:56 PM

We tried this on a friends Pitts with a DLE-30 this weekend and it worked amazing!  The plane was very sensitive, squirrely, and, twitchy in the air before...it was quite a handful.  After the gyro, it settled down nicely, he loves this plane now.

dirtybird 11-19-2012 10:41 AM

I have one on an old Lazy Ace. I have the gain on the aileron turned all of the way down and it still hunts little bit when I give it full throttle. I am going to cut down the aileron servo movement mechanically and try again tomorrow.

Update
I was turning down the yaw pot and not the aileron. Its hard to read in the bright sun. I now have the aileron pot set at about 50% and there were no hunting.

mjunior 11-19-2012 11:19 AM

ORIGINAL: bicyclemonkey

We tried this on a friends Pitts with a DLE-30 this weekend and it worked amazing! The plane was very sensitive, squirrely, and, twitchy in the air before...it was quite a handful. After the gyro, it settled down nicely, he loves this plane now.
Good news. Do you know how much gain is set for each control?

bicyclemonkey 11-19-2012 11:32 AM

ORIGINAL: mjunior

ORIGINAL: bicyclemonkey

We tried this on a friends Pitts with a DLE-30 this weekend and it worked amazing! The plane was very sensitive,squirrely, and, twitchy in the air before...it was quite a handful. After the gyro, it settled down nicely, he loves this plane now.
Good news. Do you know how much gain is set for each control?
I don't remember which was which but two were at 25% and one was 50%. (I think)
<br type="_moz" />

rmh 11-19-2012 02:09 PM

I am going to get a couple -
After buying some of the little Bind n Fly AS3X arobatic types -it is obvious how well a properly setup gyro can make an otherwise "bright' model and make it feel much larger and solid.
My radios have very good expo/dual rate etc., adj and I really don't have any issues to fix - just want to see how well it works - I will start with my camera carrying model to see if it smooths up my movies .

Flypaper 2 11-23-2012 07:14 PM

I have it on an old Zoombi bipe. Made a completely different plane out of it. This was a very violently aerobatic plane with very high throws with lots of expo. With the gyro I had to take out all of the expo as the gyro took over in the stability department. Flies more like pattern plane now and hovering performance is a none issue. Was able to move the CG much further back now because the gyro keeps it much more stable in pitch. Great new tool.:D