RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Futaba 7UAP radio, what is it worth? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/1143929-futaba-7uap-radio-what-worth.html)

sbaugz 09-17-2003 07:23 PM

Futaba 7UAP radio, what is it worth?

I have the opportunity to purchase a used Futaba 7UAP PCM radio with receiver, crystals, and 4 servos for $100. Is this a good price on this older radio?

edge_fanatic 09-17-2003 08:22 PM

RE: Futaba 7UAP radio, what is it worth?

Is the rx PCM? What kind of servos? Does it all work? Batteries good? You might wish to consider buying a new tx battery, and a new rx battery.

Sean

ghendrix01 09-18-2003 02:24 AM

sbaugz,

If it still has it's original receiver, it should be PCM. Also you can use FM receivers with it. I have 4 FM versions and I like them better than the new stuff Futaba is making now, except for their 9 ch radios. $100 sounds fair, but you should replace the batteries unless you know that they are not too old. Futaba hasn't made this model for several years and the original batteries would probably be bad by now.

George

sbaugz 09-18-2003 05:58 AM

Here is some more info for you guys.
the receiver is the PCM/FM selectable version
the servos are standard s-148
the packs were cycled yesterday and supplied 153 minutes and 126 minutes for the transmitter and receiver respectively.

Ron S 09-18-2003 08:30 AM

I still have my 7uap from long ago. The battery pack has been swapped out since, but other than that, it is a good radio. :)

sbaugz 09-18-2003 10:11 AM

I guess the big question I have is: For $100, am I better off simply buying a flight pack for use with my current Futaba 6EXA or futaba skysport 6 transmitters. I am starting to think that may be better- at least I am getting brand new stuff.

Mike Ferretti 09-21-2003 01:21 AM

IMHO your new 6-channel radios are not any better than Super7, in fact worse!!! I have been using a super7 (Regular FM) for what seems like ten years now { did send it in to get serviced a couple years ago. You bought new radios that have fewer channels, less features, and maybe not PCM, WHY? Sorry, Idon't think very much of the new Futaba Six channels, I we are paying a lot for th "BIG NAME"............. I think other brands like HiTec, and JR selling people a better deal on 6-channels.......If you don't want that radio I'll buy It!!!!!!!!

sbaugz 09-21-2003 07:46 AM

Mike, I have decided against purchasing the radio. TOo much else going on right now. If you want, I can give you the name and e-mail address of the guy selling it. He just sold me three kits and an engine. He shipped them to me and everything went great with the deal. I did not know the guy prior to this deal. Let me know. Steve