RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   9C Snap Roll Switch (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/1150386-9c-snap-roll-switch.html)

David_Moen 09-20-2003 07:34 PM

9C Snap Roll Switch

Hi all,

I am setting up a new model on my 9C and am having difficulties programming the snap-roll switch.

The mix cannot be turned on. When I try to activate it I only have OFF and INH values to choose from. The saftey feature is turned on, but the availability of the mix does not change if I change the gear switch. I cannot see any of the programmed mixes that are already using the switches that the snap-roll function is supposed to set up on either.

Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

NV Flyer 09-20-2003 10:28 PM

RE: 9C Snap Roll Switch

I have the snap roll function programmed on a couple models in my 9C. The trainer switch activates it.
Where you see the OFF/INH values, OFF means its ready until you pull the trainer switch down. Then the value changes to ON.
INH means it is deactivated completely.
I don't think the switch to activate the snap roll function is assignable. You want a momentary switch for it. Such as the trainer switch. The assignable switch is for the direction of the snap roll.
The trainer function won't work at the same time as the snap roll mixing. As far as I know.
Hope that helps some.

David_Moen 09-20-2003 10:32 PM

The value does not change to "ON" when I pull the trainer switch. I've used this function on anothger model. I can't figure out why I can't make it work on this one!

NV Flyer 09-20-2003 11:56 PM

Have you tried with the SAFE-MOD set to FREE?
If it works then, it has something to do with your landing gear switch.
Page 51 of the manual mentions something about it. V1.2.

David_Moen 09-21-2003 12:50 AM

Figgered it out! I am going to try to use it to fine tune my "manual" snaps. If I can dial in a perfect snap roll with a mix, then have something to shoot for. I thend to pile in way too much elevator and rudder I think. Can someone describe what is supposed ot happen in a properly executed snap?

sfaust 09-21-2003 07:41 PM

Most people use way too much rudder and elevator in the snaps. Try reducing the elevator and rudder response, and increase the ailerons and see if that doesn't improve things. Then tune from there. I think based on the fact that you also think you use too much elevator and rudder, you probably are.

Once I listened to the advise I was given by some top fliers, my snaps were much improved. Low rate rudder, low rate elevator, and high rate ailerons.

amcross 09-22-2003 08:43 AM

If you are giving too much input on rudder or elevator, the model will over-snap. that is to say when you let go it will keep rotating. (there are aother factors, too, but the key factors are too much rudder or elevator). if you use too little, the model will simply roll and not give you that "ugh" sensation as it truly SNAPS.

So, what was the problem that you corrected, if you dont mind? always like to learn where mistakes can be made to help others later!

David_Moen 09-22-2003 10:56 AM

Anne-Marie, the problem was in my own "software", which sometimes doesn't operate properly untill the appropriate amount of coffee has been introduced into the system. Nothing wrond with the radio!