RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Duel Recievrs (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/1162650-duel-recievrs.html)

dave Lucas 09-26-2003 01:19 AM

Duel Recievrs

Hello Folks ,
Any of you out there had any Problems with positioning 2 Rx`s close together in the Fuz . The Rx`s I am using are Futaba 149 Dp . I have a problem with the Elevator Servo`s 1 side in one Rx and the Other in the other Rx . Alerons , Rudder and Throttle Ok . When going for a walk with the TX ( 9Zap wc2 ) on PCM , the one side does not move in uniform with the other . I have this problem iregardless of weather the DA is running or not . The Rx`s are approx 1 1/4 " apart in the fuz What can the Cause be ?
Many Thanks Dave Lucas , Hereford, England

rob g 09-26-2003 01:24 PM

RE: Duel Recievrs

Hi Dave
Sounds to me like you have a setup problem with your tx. The two servos should be programmed into different channels and mixed. Can't remember off the top of my head which they are though. Might be worth while digging out the idiots guide and double checking again.
I use two 149dp rx in anything 1/3rd or larger, and they are about 1" 1 1/4" apart with no problems.

Regards
Rob

dave Lucas 09-26-2003 03:48 PM

Rob ,
I have 3 other Models with duel Rx`s and have never had to put in a mix
Dave Lucas

hilleyja 09-30-2003 09:48 AM

Call me a novice on this subject, but why would anyone want to put multiple rudder servos on different channels and then mix them? If your servos are so much different than each other that you need to adjust them individually to match then you should be more selective with your servos.

If I was to use ganged or opposing servos for rudder control I would use programmable digitals and adjust them with a programmer or matchbox. An alternative is to use high-quality servos that come matched right out of the box.

dave Lucas 09-30-2003 02:28 PM

Read the original post . It is not rudder servos , it is elevator servos . The set up is one Elevator servo connected into one Rx and the other elevator servo connected into the other Rx . The Rx`s are only 1 1/4 " apart . I was thinking that there might be RF from the one Rx affecting the other RX .

mglavin 09-30-2003 02:39 PM

What channel are the elevator servos plugged into? #2 both RX's? Same servos, same arms, same control arm spacing, i.e everything is identical?

Sounds like you have two servos that are not equally matched. at center and or end-points.

I use the factory default P-mix for dual elevator servos. channel #2 and #5. Much more flexibility with setup.

mglavin 09-30-2003 02:47 PM

Call me a novice on this subject, but why would anyone want to put multiple rudder servos on different channels and then mix them? If your servos are so much different than each other that you need to adjust them individually to match then you should be more selective with your servos.

If I was to use ganged or opposing servos for rudder control I would use programmable digitals and adjust them with a programmer or matchbox. An alternative is to use high-quality servos that come matched right out of the box.
I have yet to see any high end digital and or analog servos that were matched, close but no cigar... They all end up wherever the mechanical and electronics components dictate within a factory allowable tolerance. Even programmable Hitec's are not matched out of the box. Before programmable Digital servos and Matchboxes I used to have to literally test twenty to thirty servos or more to find servos I could pair up and or gang together.

Using mixes with several channels and servos has merit, specifically you can match center and end-points and not gang up all the connections through wyes. This also allows for a dedicated power and signal source to each servo instead of having to share the load through a wye, multiple connectors and wire. Much better setup IMO...

aerolou 09-30-2003 05:58 PM

I have seen this problem recently.(Hanger9 33% Sukoi)
The problem was that the antenna wires were to close together.
This one suffered pretty much the same symptoms.
As a test we ran the antennas outside the fuse and the problem went away.

Just food for thought.

Lou

dave Lucas 10-01-2003 12:25 AM

Thanks for that . I will give it a try
Dave Lucas