RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Who has the best 4-6 channel radio (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/11637518-who-has-best-4-6-channel-radio.html)

Nick Hudson 03-20-2017 04:27 AM

Who has the best 4-6 channel radio

I have been flying 72 band for years and ready to make the leap to 2.4. I don't need a huge radio, just one that is fail safe. I have flown Hitec and Futaba all my life but I don't see much Hitec out there. I prefer to staywith a 4-6 channel and a name brand. Opinions?

AndyKunz 03-20-2017 05:19 AM

Good luck finding a 4-channel these days! Those are surface radios now!

I work for Spektrum.

Spektrum makes two six-channels. For somebody who has been modeling a while I'd recommend the DX6 because it has more capabilities than the DX6e (e for economy). We have package deals with a receiver, too.

Andy

Rodney 03-20-2017 05:49 AM

If you have used and like Hitec, they still make some very good radios. You might want to check out their transmitters that can use the SLT receivers made by Tactic as these are very good receivers at reasonable prices. All the major brands have good transmitters and you will probably be happy with whichever brand you choose. If you think you will be continuing in the hobby, spend just a few dollars more and get a transmitter of 6 to 8 or more channels as it will let you advance in the hobby. You may soon want flaps, retractable gear or some other function.

Xpress 03-20-2017 08:10 AM

Have you taken a look at the Hitec Flash 7? It's a good entry level advanced computer radio that's got a lot of the bells and whistles some of the bigger radios have, like channel assignability, flight conditions, telemetry, etc. and it's relatively low cost. It can link with any of our Optima, Minima, or Maxima receivers, as well as the low cost SLT receivers too.

Nick Hudson 03-20-2017 09:05 AM

I have used Hitec Prism 7's for years with no problems ever. The Flash 7 as good?

Xpress 03-21-2017 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Nick Hudson (Post 12318076)
I have used Hitec Prism 7's for years with no problems ever. The Flash 7 as good?

The Flash 7 is a lot more advanced:

http://hitecrcd.com/products/aircraf...-radio/product

JCOKEEFE 03-21-2017 04:30 PM

Go Hitec. I have used their products for years. Never a problem and plenty of features at a fair price.

ramboy 03-25-2017 05:56 AM

Tactic has good basic 4 and 6 channel radios

init4fun 03-25-2017 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Hudson (Post 12317953)
I have been flying 72 band for years and ready to make the leap to 2.4. I don't need a huge radio, just one that is fail safe. I have flown Hitec and Futaba all my life but I don't see much Hitec out there. I prefer to staywith a 4-6 channel and a name brand. Opinions?

:cool: Hi Nick ,

I bought the first model DX6 the week it hit the hobbyshops back in maybe 2006 or so (can't pin an exact year to it but it was right around then) and have since then owned 2.4 radios from Spektrum , Futaba and Hitec and can say that each and every one have impressed me with their performance . Not once in over ten years of very regular 2.4 GHZ flying have I lost a plane to anything radio related , (unless you consider the dumb thumbs of the guy holding the TX to be radio related;)) and so I will repeat what the others have said , this is a GREAT time to be buying a 2.4 radio because each and every one of the "bigs" (Spektrum , Futaba , Hitec) and a bunch of the "littles" too are offering the very best radios our hobby has ever had .

I will also agree that 6 channels is the bare bones minimum you should get , 6 being able of giving you the must have 4 needed flight controls , with the added ability of flaps and retracts for the other 2 channels .