RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Spektrum DX6I / AR400 Biniding Issue (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/11660020-spektrum-dx6i-ar400-biniding-issue.html)

Bikerboy53 01-29-2019 01:20 PM

Spektrum DX6I / AR400 Biniding Issue

Hi all,

I figure there HAS to be a Spektrum guru in here somewhere so here goes.....
I have the Spektrum DX6I and the AR400 Rx that I'm putting together for my son-in-law as he's just getting started in the hobby.

Here's my issue, on the AR400 it appears there's only one place to plug the battery into as well as the bind plug, the book says to plug the battery/switch into the "bind/data" port on the AR400, ok I did that, pretty straightforward...now it says to plug a female bind plug (which was easy to make) into the charge lead from the switch (also simple), then it says to turn on the Rx (it blinks rapidly) hold the "trainer" switch whilst turning on the Tx until the Rx LED burns steady which SHOULD mean that binding was successful, BUT....once I remove the bind plug (Rx still burning steady), there's no response on any of the plugged in servos, sometimes the Rx will start blinking rapidly again on its own without turning anything off, it does indeed blink rapidly once I turn everything off and then turn it back on again....this has me baffled.....just out of curiosity I decided to try something goofy and try to bind the two WITHOUT a bind plug.....well guess what, it did the same thing, the Rx actually blinked fast at the start and then went solid when I turned the Tx on...ok so NOW I'm REALLY stumped....unless the Rx is bad then I have no idea....this same Rx worked great before this.

Anyone wanna tackle this one?...lol

Thanks!

Biker

BarracudaHockey 01-29-2019 03:15 PM

Start with this
1. plug in the bind plug in to the bind port.
2. Plug in the battery/switch into any servo port.
Lights should flash fast.
Hold the switch and turn on the radio, staying several feet away from the receiver.
When the lights come on steady you should have a message that says bind complete (i dont remember if that radio talks or not, you may not even get a message but when the lights come on steady its bound)
Power off everything
Remove the bind plug
Plug the battery back into the battery spot
Power up the transmitter, wait till it boots up.
Power on the RX, you should have steady lights and the servos should work if they are plugged in correctly.

Bikerboy53 01-29-2019 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey (Post 12498263)
Start with this
1. plug in the bind plug in to the bind port.
2. Plug in the battery/switch into any servo port.
Lights should flash fast.
Hold the switch and turn on the radio, staying several feet away from the receiver.
When the lights come on steady you should have a message that says bind complete (i dont remember if that radio talks or not, you may not even get a message but when the lights come on steady its bound)
Power off everything
Remove the bind plug
Plug the battery back into the battery spot
Power up the transmitter, wait till it boots up.
Power on the RX, you should have steady lights and the servos should work if they are plugged in correctly.

Will do Andy, I'll let you know what happens

Thanks a bunch

Biker

Bikerboy53 01-29-2019 06:08 PM

Hi Andy,

I did what you said to do......bingo, that did it, I don't know how or what I did to mess up on something so simple, I guess I was under the impression that the battery and bind plug had to go to the same port on the Rx....apparently that is incorrect ...lol

Thanks so much for your help!! :-)

Biker

BarracudaHockey 01-30-2019 05:48 AM

My pleasure.

The battery can be plugged into any open port, all the positive terminal pins, and all the ground terminal pins are all on a bus, meaning they are electrically all the same.

Bikerboy53 01-30-2019 05:59 AM

Ahh....gotcha, I do recall some of my other Spektrum Rx's having that capability, but I wasn't 100% certain about the AR400, the manual for the DX6I was telling me the way to do it, but that just wasn't working......once again, its the simple things that sometimes cornfuse us......lol

Appreciate once again your help Andy, now I have a Spektrum Guru on my list so if any problems pop up again, guess who I'm emailing ;-)

Happy flying

Biker