RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Tracker II Elevator Problems (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/1167385-tracker-ii-elevator-problems.html)

N55340 09-28-2003 01:54 PM

Tracker II Elevator Problems

I have a new Tracker II I'm attempting to setup in an old 4* 120. My issue revolves around the elevator. The plane is setup with 2 elevator servos using a Y-harness. I read some of the issues with elevtor trims of dual elevator setups so decided to use a Y.

I'm using a Seeker II receiver with this setup. After setting up the radio I flipped on the plane. First thing I noted was that the elevator center point was way off. Had all kinds of up elevator, but full down elevator produced little movement. Manually re-centered the servo horns and problem still exists. Pulled out a Futaba radio and now the servos responded correctly although I had to adjust the horns back to where they were originally.

Thinking there was some strange programming in the Tracker, I cleared the model memory and the problems remains. Software version in the radio is 1.31. I've looked through the manual and I stumped.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

CWLWL 09-29-2003 06:39 AM

RE: Tracker II Elevator Problems

Go to another post 'THERE IS A TRACKER II" , it's a long thread, try to start to read from the middle to see if you get an answer.
Mine has various (v1,31 also) and was sent back to try to UPDATE. I don't know if those ISSUES can be tackled. Or mail the Polkys' for details.

David

causeitflies 09-29-2003 04:08 PM

Try the Futaba RX with the Tracker, if problem is still there it is the Tracker TX

Try the Futaba TX with the the Seeker, if problem is still there it is the Seeker RX

N55340 09-29-2003 04:33 PM

The problem is in TX. I've tried a Futaba 9Z, 9C, 8U and old Skysport, as well as an Airtronic RD6000 and I Hitec Eclipse. All of them work with the Seeker flawlessly.

Called Polk today and they told me to send it in. Kind of sucks because I'll bet there is a maintence mode in this radio that things like center point can be adjusted.

N55340 09-29-2003 06:49 PM

Problem solved. As it turned out, the pot was slipping on the gimble. Figured out how to get to the service menu and read the value of the pot. Loosened the screws and made manual adjustments until I got the valve set to what the center point was supposed to be on another screen. Tighten everything up and it works perfectly.

Kind of makes sense now. The other plane I had been flying on the Tracker was constantly needing elevator trim every flight. I dismissed this as a problem since it was a Zagi Fixx. The foam warps, etc. on this plane if you can actually call it a plane. More like at $150 waste of money, but that is another story.

I'll call Polk tomorrow and let them know of a potential problem. I have the worst luck, so I'm sure I got the only one in the production run with this problem.

causeitflies 09-29-2003 08:11 PM

I have the worst luck, so I'm sure I got the only one in the production run with this problem.
I hope so.[:o]
Glad you got it straightened out.