RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   New Hitec servo... You asked for it, you got it! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/1748114-new-hitec-servo-you-asked-you-got.html)

MikeMayberry 04-22-2004 11:58 AM

New Hitec servo... You asked for it, you got it!

http://www.kyoshin.ne.jp/hitec/index.html

This is a website in Japan that announces our new robot servo. There will be an aircraft version of this servo called the HS-955TG that is due out in around two months.

Note that 1kg/cm = 14 in/oz

Also since you probably can’t read Japanese I’ll tell you that this servo has another industry first… Titanium gears!

This is truly going to be the most bad ***** servo ever for the giant scale market.

Mike Mayberry
Product Development
Hitec RCD Inc.

JoeAirPort 04-22-2004 12:23 PM

RE: New Hitec servo... You asked for it, you got it!

336 oz-in @ 6 volts. Cool.

What does it weigh?

MikeMayberry 04-22-2004 02:23 PM

It's the same size and weight as the HS-5945MG. :D

Mike

SMALLFLY- 04-22-2004 02:42 PM

Why still the plastic inner gear? Will it come with a replacement metal inner gear like the analog 945's did

MikeMayberry 04-22-2004 03:46 PM

All the gears are Titanium except for the first gear which is our revolutionary M/P gear (Shown in the picture) which is what we use in all the metal geared servos now. Be aware that all other manufacturers use an all plastic first gear.

The origional all metal geartrain did not work well because the metal to metal contact when touching the motor caused glitching in some cases. The M/P gear gives us the buffer between the motor but the metal inner pinion makes the geartrain virtually indestructable.

Mike.

AJF--2 04-22-2004 04:15 PM

Do we have a "ballpark price???"

MikeMayberry 04-22-2004 05:14 PM

With the addition of an aluminum center case and the titanium gears the price will probably be around $129.99; $15 more than the 8611.

Mike.

Shortman 04-22-2004 05:27 PM

Wow! Now that's what I am talking about Mike. [8D]

rjmdubois 04-22-2004 08:46 PM

What's the transit time?

blkbird68 04-22-2004 10:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

Be aware that all other manufacturers use an all plastic first gear.

Would you please point out this all plasitic first gear that ALL other manufacturers use???????

LesUyeda 04-23-2004 09:41 AM

Mike: NEVER say all;every; or anything else that is absolute. There is no way that anyone of us can know what everyone else in the world does, and you are guaranteed that someone will find an exception.

Les

blkbird68 04-23-2004 10:30 AM

Mr. Mayberry should confine his comments to the brand he represents.

az_ron 04-23-2004 07:06 PM

I notice in both of those photos you can't see the 'pinion' gear that's pressed on the motor... any chance this is plastic?
I'm not trying to stir things up, just trying to clarify... I'd like to get into Giant Scale racing at some point, and the new Hitec servo sounds ideal...

Thanks!

Ron

Forgues Research 04-23-2004 07:44 PM

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

With the addition of an aluminum center case and the titanium gears the price will probably be around $129.99; $15 more than the 8611.

Mike.

Mike,
I have been a Multiplex user for the last 25 years, but now you are really twisting my arm:D

Roger

Forgues Research 04-23-2004 07:50 PM

ORIGINAL: rjmdubois

What's the transit time?
This is what they say

ƒhF0.15sec/60‹i6.0VŽžj
@ƒgƒ‹ƒNF30.0kgEcm^ƒXƒs[ƒhF0.12sec/60‹i7.4VŽžj
@ƒTƒCƒYF40(L)~20(W)~37(H)mm
@d@—ʁF62g

Roger

Phil Cole 04-23-2004 08:00 PM

You will also notice the 7.4 V rating. No more worries about overheated regulators supplying all your big servos when you are using Li cells.

blkbird68 04-23-2004 08:53 PM

ORIGINAL: az_ron

I notice in both of those photos you can't see the 'pinion' gear that's pressed on the motor... any chance this is plastic?
I'm not trying to stir things up, just trying to clarify... I'd like to get into Giant Scale racing at some point, and the new Hitec servo sounds ideal...

Thanks!

Ron
The only thing plastic in the geartrain of the servo in the bottom pic is the insert in the bottom of the output gear that connects it to the pot. The volz servo in the top pic has no plastic components in its geartrain according to an email response by Volz when I asked them some questions about the Alu-Star 220. They stated that there are no plastic components in the geartrain of any of there servos that are listed as having an "all metal" or "Steel/metal" geartrain.

blkbird68 04-23-2004 08:54 PM

If I can figure out how to get my camera to focus on it. I'll post a pic of the motor gear.

blkbird68 04-23-2004 08:59 PM

And if anybody wants to read the Hitec page in english you can go here [link=http://babelfish.altavista.com/]Babblefish translation[/link]

radray 04-24-2004 12:40 AM

Mike will this new servo be programmable?

mglavin 04-24-2004 09:11 AM

All Hitec Digital servos are programmable...

rjmdubois 04-24-2004 07:25 PM

Mike,

Will the aircraft version run on 7.4V also?

That's a very good news, since I was about to buy a couple of 8611 to my next plane rudder. I think I's woth waiting, and see if one of these will do.

MikeMayberry 04-26-2004 03:07 PM

My mistake by saying ALL manufactures use one a plastic gear. Be aware that Hitec was the first to come out with an all metal geared servos but there were problems as the grease was dissipated with gittering. We abandoned it for the industry only Metal Plastic AKA M/P first gear. This solved the gitering problems while still making the geartrain virtually upbreakable in normal conditions.

Note that Futaba and JR use the plastic gear exclusively still (to my best knowledge!)

Mike.

blkbird68 04-26-2004 03:25 PM

Mike,

On the 7.4V rating. I use an external power-buss anyway. So supplying the voltage wouldn't be a problem. But I was wondering what kind of signal the servo would be looking for?? Do the Hitec servos look for a TTL type signal say in 3.3V range?? With the external buss with the Rx running at a happy 4.99V and the servos supplied with 6V. I have found that if I use a futaba Rx to drive futaba servos. the servos tend to get "confused"(about the best word I can think of to describe it) Use a JR or Airtronics(sorry never had a Hitec Rx to try) and this problem goes away. The signal output of the Airtronics Rx for example, equals the Rx supply voltage as far as level and the futaba (at least the one I had to test) had a siganl output of roughly 3.3V requardless of RX input voltage. To make a long story short(er) if I were to use one of these servos at 7.4V do you know if it would have a problem with the signal pulse only being roughly 5V as long as the system shared a common ground??

And I probably could have worded it better, but I hope you understand what I meant when I made the comment about confining your comments to the products you represent. As manufacturers rep. ,It might save occasions of foot-in-mouth disease on technicalities.:)

After all us modelers are allowed to make mistakes. What a manufacturer rep says is suppose to be gospel!!:D

MikeMayberry 04-26-2004 03:38 PM

No, the signal is not an issue.

I know that the 1/5th scale car guys have been using 6 cells to power their servos for years but the durability is affected. Although that could also be the application and not the extra voltage. Our servos can take up to 9 volts but the higher the voltage the more other factors come into play. We still recommend no more than 5 cells.

Mike.