RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   9C Mixing question (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/1896218-9c-mixing-question.html)

David_Moen 06-12-2004 12:27 PM

9C Mixing question

I have my set up my 9C for my Ultra Stick as per the FAQ on Futaba' site. When I set up the Rudder to Aileron mix as the FAQ describes, only the left aileron moves when the rudder is deflected. Does this mean there is something wrong with my flaperon settings?

Thanks for your help!

Josey Wales 06-12-2004 12:37 PM

RE: 9C Mixing question

Im sure theres an easier way but you can set up another mix with the second aileron servo and then assign both mixes to same switch

Geistware 06-12-2004 04:41 PM

I am assuming that you are using flapperons.
Make sure the link setting is ON.

ORIGINAL: David_Moen

I have my set up my 9C for my Ultra Stick as per the FAQ on Futaba' site. When I set up the Rudder to Aileron mix as the FAQ describes, only the left aileron moves when the rudder is deflected. Does this mean there is something wrong with my flaperon settings?

Thanks for your help!

Henry_90lx 06-12-2004 05:50 PM

Here is a post I made earlier concerning the programing setup for an ultrastick.

Its about a 1/4 of the way down

This set up works real well.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/9CAP...1399338/tm.htm

Henry

mulligan 06-12-2004 05:57 PM

If you have two aileron servos on separate channels, which are obviously mixed, make sure THAT mix has "LINK" mode turned "ON."

David_Moen 06-12-2004 10:03 PM

Is there a "LINK' setting on the flaperon screen, or on the PMIX screen?

fiveoboy01 06-13-2004 01:40 AM

Dave,

It's on the mix screen.

Geistware 06-13-2004 02:03 AM

It is on the screen for the PMix that you are using for the Rudder/Aileron Mix

Is there a "LINK' setting on the flaperon screen, or on the PMIX screen?

David_Moen 06-13-2004 11:34 PM

Excuse my ignorance on the topic, but what does the "link" selection do? What gets "linked"? Is it an automatic selection or do I have to tell the radio what other channel gets linked to the mix?

mulligan 06-14-2004 10:15 AM

Enabling the "Link" function within a particular mix allows that mix to operate other mixes.

For example:

Create a mix from channel 6 to channel 2 (mixing flaps to elevator)
Create a mix from channel 2 to channel 8 (for a second elevator servo)

On the 6-2 mix, if you leave the "Link" disabled, the 6-2 mix will cause the flap switch to operate the elevator servo connected to channel 2 only; the servo plugged into channel 8 will not move (with the flap switch). If you enable the 6-2 mix "Link" function, the flap switch will cause servos plugged into both channels 2 and 8 to move.

mulligan 06-14-2004 10:20 AM

-

Geistware 06-14-2004 10:53 AM

This is one of the best explanations for the link setting.
Also, depending on your prior mixes and their location, the link option may/may not be present.
It is weird how futaba implimented this part of the software code.

ORIGINAL: mulligan

Enabling the "Link" function within a particular mix allows that mix to operate other mixes.

For example:

On the 6-2 mix, if you leave the "Link" disabled, the 6-2 mix will cause the flap switch to operate the elevator servo connected to channel 2 only; the servo plugged into channel 8 will not move (with the flap switch). If you enable the 6-2 mix "Link" function, the flap switch will cause servos plugged into both channels 2 and 8 to move.

David_Moen 06-14-2004 11:10 AM

That makes sense! Too bad they just didn't give the option of having multiple slave channels, then you wouldn't need to use up two mixes to acheive one action. I'll have to move things around a bit on my radio, I only have one of the linear mixes left to use, I guess I could put both rudder/aileron mixes on the "curve" mixes, that will just force me to figure out how to use those too!

DocYates 06-14-2004 11:13 AM

Can anyone here help me set up an engine kill switch using the trainer switch?
Tommy

fiveoboy01 06-14-2004 12:45 PM

Tommy,

Just use the THR-CUT in the Basic Acro menu. You can then assign the Trainer switch to cut the throttle when you activate it. I'll go through it step by step for you:

-Tie the airplane down and get the engine running. Find a reliable idle with the throttle stick all the way down. You can adjust the endpoint for the throttle servo to do this.
-Now(with engine still running), go into the basic acro menu, turn the wheel to THR-CUT.
-Press the wheel down, and the THR-CUT screen comes up.
-Cursor down to SW(Switch), and turn the wheel till you get to the trainer switch(F).
-Cursor down to POSI(position). Turn the wheel to DOWN. This will activate the throttle cut only when you hold the trainer switch against its spring-loaded position.
-Now, cursor back up to RATE.
-Hold the trainer switch with one finger, and turn the wheel to change the RATE percentage. Keep turning the wheel until the engine dies.
-Exit the menu.
-Start the engine back up, and at idle, flip the trainer switch. The engine should die. IF it doesn't die right away or sputters, go back into the THR-CUT and turn up the RATE percentage some more, and try it again. Do that until the engine cuts off reliably when you flip the trainer switch.

DocYates 06-14-2004 12:55 PM

That is what I am looking for, Thanks so much.
Tommy

mulligan 06-14-2004 02:44 PM

That makes sense! Too bad they just didn't give the option of having multiple slave channels, then you wouldn't need to use up two mixes to acheive one action. I'll have to move things around a bit on my radio, I only have one of the linear mixes left to use, I guess I could put both rudder/aileron mixes on the "curve" mixes, that will just force me to figure out how to use those too!
Something here doesn't seem right...

You don't need two mixes to acheive one action. You have two actions: 1) you are using flapersons, which is a single pre-mix that allows two servos to control two surfaces as flaps and ailerons, and 2) you need a single rudder-to-aileron PMIX to cause rudder input to actuate the ailerons.

I'm not sure what you mean by "both rudder/aileron" mixes- you only need one, but you need to turn "on" the "link" function.

David_Moen 06-14-2004 07:50 PM

This sounds like 2 mixes to me!

ORIGINAL: mulligan

For example:

mulligan 06-14-2004 08:16 PM

I guess I misunderstood you when you said two rudder/aileron mixes and referred to one action.

David_Moen 06-14-2004 08:37 PM

I guess I mean "one action" as in a roll command (executed by both ailerons) resultng from a movement of the rudder.

Geistware 06-15-2004 05:34 AM

The mix for the channel 2/8 servo link is called ailevator and it is a defined mix.
The intent of the question is accurate even though there is more than one way to do it with the 9C