RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Futaba 6EXA (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/2056547-futaba-6exa.html)

jacs 08-05-2004 09:23 AM

Futaba 6EXA

Hi, got a new transmitter only a month old and in the beginning I had 25m when the antenna wasn't out and today it's only 20-30cm. I have changed to another reciver same result, changed the crystals same result and tried with a different transmitter with my reciver and are back to 25m range.

Is this standard Futaba quality or what. My old Hitec transmitter is in better shape than this one.

Primodus 08-05-2004 09:54 AM

RE: Futaba 6EXA

I have this radio and it works fine for me. I cant understand how your range can be so severely diminished. When you changed Rx's did you use a different band? What channels are you using on the Tx, or crystals?

jacs 08-05-2004 10:23 AM

I have channel 66 on the 35MHz band here in Sweden and changed to channel 62 on both with no success. If I use my Hitec transmitter it works correct on channel 66.

JoeAirPort 08-05-2004 11:54 AM

I've used the 6EXA for a year with zero problems. Many many hours of flying on it. It's a great TX.

Joe

jacs 08-05-2004 12:40 PM

I think so too that it's fine but after this malfunction I'm not satisfied. Al my friend said that I should buy a Futaba rater then Hitec but after this I'm not convinced that Futaba is better than Hitec.

Primodus 08-05-2004 12:54 PM

Could be a lemon of a radio, but that's a warranty issue for Futaba. I noticed your cross post in the Futaba support forum, be sure you let them know what frequencies and channels your using. Good Luck.[8D]

jacs 08-07-2004 03:54 AM

Finally the service guy called me and after a little time, he told me that the regulator was gone. Because I had tried to charge it via the chargejack (only 20sec) and not like I used to (pulled out the battery and charge it that way).

dabigboy 08-08-2004 01:27 PM

Ehhhmm, if you're not supposed to charge it through the CHARGE jack, what's the CHARGE jack for..........? :P Concerns me a bit, as I always use the charge jack and am considering a new radio some time.

-Matt Bailey

jacs 08-08-2004 03:19 PM

I don't know, I found a jack that fitted because my old Hitec jack didn't and pluged that in my Supernova on manual and 0.1A charge. No information about polarity error, then only thing was that the voltage when up and down (not exceeding 11.8V) so I stopped it and pulled the batterypack out of the transmitter and charged it that way instead. This broke the regulator but I have sent my transmitter today and hopefully I will get a small report on the malfunction when I get it back.