RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   9C + hitec synthesized module (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/2140973-9c-hitec-synthesized-module.html)

Hughes500E 09-02-2004 01:22 PM

9C + hitec synthesized module

Just wondering with all the talk lately, how does a guy swap between the 50 channels when using a sythesized RF module?
Thanx

pmw 09-02-2004 01:34 PM

RE: 9C + hitec synthesized module

The modules are removed from the back of the tranmitter and a new channel is dialed in. The big problem here is making sure you change the frequency board BEFORE you change the channel. Another big NO NO is turning on the transmitter for the first flight of the day with the previous day's channel dialed in. I always set up the transmitter at home, before I go to the field. It's very easy to shoot someone down and the danger factor is very high. Be very careful!

Paul

hilleyja 09-02-2004 02:27 PM

The Synthesized TX module has 2 adjustable switches to select channels. On the Hitec Spectrum they are mounted on the side of the module, requiring the module removal from the TX to adjust. On the Futaba's 75MHz module these switches are on the top -- looks like you can adjust while the module is installed.

NOTE: After several months of experience inserting and removing modules on my 9C I'm left with 2 modules that have broken clips. I had to wrap tape around them to be able to remove them after insert. I'm hoping the new Futaba synthesizer for the 9C has their switches on the top.

Hughes500E 09-02-2004 03:35 PM

Thanks guys,
It is a very appealing unit. The ability to swap channels and or fly other crafts on the negative shift. The largest idea being able to set my own radio up as master and let the student fly with his own etc
It must be a reliable setup but my fear was having to pull the module over and over and breaking tabs ;)
Is there 50 different switch settings or is it lining up an arrow with a mark?
Forgive me, I have never had the opportunity to fondle one!

mstroh3961 09-04-2004 01:44 PM

RE: 9C + hitech synthesized module

1 Attachment(s)
The switches are small rotary and a ring of numbers. see the bottom right corner of the picture

hilleyja 09-04-2004 03:39 PM

That is the 75MHz module. Lets hope the 72MHz module has the same physical design.

mstroh3961 09-04-2004 05:38 PM

I took the picture from tower's websight, they dont have the 9C module's picture. but the price is $99.00 and shows avalible in late october.........for what thats worth!:D

Geistware 09-04-2004 08:25 PM

It would be nice to have one that you can connect your transmitter with the required frequency to the receiver and the receiver matches and stores the new frequency. That would be great!

tande 09-04-2004 09:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys! Consider this---It works for me!---

mstroh3961 09-04-2004 10:05 PM

Thanks but I will wate for the futaba unit.

mstroh3961 09-04-2004 10:06 PM

damn dubble post

Hughes500E 09-04-2004 10:37 PM

Tande that's a good idea.
I was finally able to see one up close at our funfly today. Definitely worth the money I'd say but, dip switches would have been brilliant!

hilleyja 09-07-2004 03:04 PM

I have seen a cleaner version of that idea on Hitec Prism 7's and Eclipse 7's (The legal TXs that take that Spectrum module) by just drilling two small holes.

BTW, Mike, the Hitec rep here on RC Universe, has come out acknowledging that the Spectrum module does work for the Futaba 8AU BUT has PROBLEMS with the 9C. By using that Spectrum module in your 9C you are putting your plane and others at risk.