RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   RX and TX compatability (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/3526476-rx-tx-compatability.html)

Airdale CPO 11-06-2005 12:30 PM

RX and TX compatability

I have a Futaba 9CAP TX and I am planning to use a Hitec Supreme RX. I know that they will work together because of shifts but my question is that in the Hitec manual, certain channels are proportional and non-proportional. Now is that only because of what the Hitec TX transmits to the RX that makes the channels function that way? So when I use the 9CAP, I should have full range of the Futaba TX with the Hitec RX and all of the TX's functions?

Hope I made sense.

HighPlains 11-06-2005 01:52 PM

RE: RX and TX compatability

Yes, yes.

sbd-5 11-06-2005 02:52 PM

yes an example of non porpotional channel is the retract channel.it is either down or up even ther servo is not a porptional servo if it is a retract servo.

2slow2matter 11-06-2005 07:06 PM

proportionality and channel assignment lie completely withing the radio--not the receiver. The receiver simply relays the message from the radio to the appropriate channel. This is why rx's have channel numbers, and not control surfaces written on them. because with some radios, channel one is throttle, while with others it is aileron, and so on. The RX doesn't care what is hooked to that channel--that is the function of the radio. Just make sure the TX and RX are compatible (shift selection) and all will be ok.

Airdale CPO 11-06-2005 09:35 PM

2slow2matter,

That is exactly the answer I was looking for and was thinking of the same thing. I just needed a few personnel to tell me that my thoughts were correct. Both Futaba and Hitec are negitive shift.

I also want to thank HighPlains and sbd-5 for there replys as well.

Brian

BarracudaHockey 11-07-2005 09:08 AM

The only drawback is that unless your using a Futaba pcm reciever you effectively have an 8 channel setup. At that, the 9th channel can only be an off/on toggle with no mixing.

Turk1 11-07-2005 01:10 PM

Gentlemen,I have a similiar question,pls. forgive me if some dumb question but Im from a good distance and no chance to fix an error afterwards.
I have a Futaba 7 Cap Pcm /Ppm Tx. I need a receiver and servos.Can I have Hitec RCD 3800 7-Channel DC shift selectable receiver and Hitec servos without a problem?

JohnBuckner 11-07-2005 02:55 PM

Turk its a good question. Yes that flight pack described by you will work fine. The modulation type in your Tx must be set for PPM. If your Tx was obtained through the north American market you would set the Rx's modulation shift for negative shift. If your Tx was obtained through other world markets its may possibly be a positive shift version of Futaba and in that case you would set the Rx for positive shift.

Enjoy

John

Turk1 11-07-2005 03:06 PM

Thank you John.Really helped so much.Yes my Tx is U.S.origin.You say that Hitec receiver is better than original R127DF receiver including in radio kit that is PCM mode.As far as I know PPM mode is safer to use than PCM system.
Do you have any opinion on Futaba S3004 st.servos? any neg or pos. experience?
Thank you again

JohnBuckner 11-07-2005 03:48 PM

Turk the reason I said your Tx will have be set for PPM is that the Hitec Rx you mentioned is a PPM Rx. Also with all four of the major brand PCM systems there is no interbrand compatability with any of them. This means to use a PCM Rx with your Futaba Tx then you must use a Futaba PCM Rx.

John

In regards which is safer or better PCM or PPM, That will open a huge can of worms and I won't go there other than to say my total Rx count is now around 60 and I,ve no need to pay double price for pcm Rx's.

Turk1 11-07-2005 04:08 PM

Thank you very much John.