RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   need help jr7202 vs 9c super (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/4697624-need-help-jr7202-vs-9c-super.html)

kenneth012180 09-01-2006 12:43 PM

need help jr7202 vs 9c super

hi im beginer to rc plane and tomorow im goin to buy my 1st radio.but im wife told me that will be my 1st and last radio for 5yrs.so i want to make sure that ill get satisfied with that radio.right now i have model tech magic as my 1st plane and maybe soon ill fly some scale planes like warbirds up to .60 size only coz im sure i can not afford a planes larger than 60.im also interested to fly some electric heli soon.

i like the jr7202 coz its synthesized so i wont had a problem with the friq. the 9c super got alot of features but im not sure if i need that features if ill fly small scale planes and elect heli only.so if the 7202 will do the job plus it has synthesizer so ill go for it.

any suggestions?thanks...

Crismedicatrix 09-01-2006 10:52 PM

RE: need help jr7202 vs 9c super

hI ken:
I think a good place to start is to find out what most people fly at Puebla, mexico. If it is JR or Futaba. Over here in Sao Paulo, Brasil, most guys fly Futabas. I have a Futaba 6xas and a JR pcm 10. I am absolutely in love with my JR system and put my Futaba for sale. If you fly in an area that most people fly one type of radio it is easier to get it repaired and find parts for it, like receivers and crystals. Here that is such a case, but I think it is well worthed waiting a couple of weeks for the slow JR costumer service to get things done. But you will barely ever need service anyway. So Knowing the trouble you might find, I would say for you to stick with JR, just because I like how it feels in my hands. But features are also important. Doesn´t really matter the size of plane you are flying, some computer radios offer some mixing capabilities other simpler radios cannot do. I would go for something that offers you the possibility to get into flight modes or at least get close to it. My older JR pcm 10 doesn´t offer flight modes, but it has triple rates and expos, so by memorizing a few switches position I can create many flight modes that I like, but it is still not like a complete mixing flight mode. If you intend to get into helis get the radio that offer the most mixing possibilities. I used my futaba 6xas for nearly 10 years and only recently upgrated to a fancier radio, so you will have lots of fun with either radio, choose the one feels good to you so you can enjoy this great hobby even more!
Happy flying
Cris

kenneth012180 09-02-2006 12:24 AM

actually here in puebla they use futaba also.sounds crazy but they say nobody have Jr radio in their field.and also the hobby shop sell only futaba.so i think its the best choice to go for futaba for parts and tech support from them.especially im begginer. in think its a big factor that i have to consider.
thanks cris.

Crismedicatrix 09-02-2006 08:53 AM

Hi Ken:

Also afterwards, when you want to move on to another radio, it will be a lot easier to sell your stuff. But if you got the money get a 9c, they are great radios, as well as the JR 9 and 10 channels.
You wrote about small planes. \The size of the plane doesn´t mean it is not a sophisticated machine, in fact I flew a .049 (pacer) plane, drawings from the 70´s and it is an incredible high performance plane, outperforming many 60 size pattern planes I´ve flown. So it is good to have a radio that let´s you do a few more things like trims offsets, reversible servos, 2 or 3 rates for ailerons, rudder and elevator, and exponentials (there are several types of expos) and that can be coupled with VTR, and a few extra mixers, so that you can corret a few unwanted flight characteristics, like coupling rudder to ailerons in knife edge flight. If you like smoke,mix smoke pump to throtle, and it is good to have a couple of extra channels if you like to fly a plane with flaps and retracts for exemple. You wont be desapointed with futaba, but you wont be desapointed with JR either. I really liked my JR and inted to stick with it in the future, ( a lot less than 5 years ) I will upgrade to the 10x, but lets see what new radio JR comes up with to beat the 12 channel from futaba. Remember it is not about the number of channels, but the freedom to create that you need to go for. If you want just basic flight, I would recomending getting a very simple radio, don´t bother with too many options, It can be very confusing at first. Recomend something like a 6 channel with servo reversing and trim offsets(that is when you do your trim flight and your airplane is flying leveled the radio will remember those settings and you don´t have to worry about bumping and changing the setting) If you want helis you will need a more fancy radio, because of mixing options. If you want scale aerobatics, you can do lots with a simple set up, but you can do it easier and nicier with a fancier radio because of expos and dual and triple rates. But most important keep happy, keep simple and fly a lot!
Best regards
Cris

kenneth012180 09-02-2006 11:51 AM

ok now everything is clear.ill go for 9c
thanks cris...

hookemut 09-16-2006 01:03 PM

Hi,
Having read what few posts responded to you question, I fail to see how you could make much of an informed decision. So I thought that I would add my two-cents:
I have been using JR 347 and 783 transmitters/receivers for over 15 years, during which time I HAVE NEVER REQUIRED SERVICE of any kind!
I am now upgrading my equipment to include the JR 7202. The 7 means that the user has 7 functioning channels for his/her model: rudder, elevator, aileron. throttle, gear, flaps, and an aux.
The 20 allows the user to store the functions, as well as the selected frequency/receiver modes for 20 models-LOTS of flexability for supporting added models!
The synthesizing functions of both the transmitter and the receiver work like a charm!
In short, IMHO the 7202 is a treasure and feels so good when flying!
hookem