RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Servo question (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/4704414-servo-question.html)

R C Jack 09-03-2006 11:11 AM

Servo question

Newbie Question (sorry): For a standard servo for a Sig Fazer (Hs-425BB) is 90 degree rotation enough for the plane?

will 09-03-2006 11:34 AM

RE: Servo question

More than enough :D

R C Jack 09-03-2006 03:46 PM

In my Fazer, do I have to have the servos while I am building it to put in? Or can I build it, then put all of the electronics in later? (Sorry, my first build)

Turk1 09-08-2006 03:33 PM

Im not familiar with any Fazer but as far as I know any model should have electronic system after mostly built.Maybe before some minor finishing operations.

Bax 09-08-2006 03:56 PM

Actuallly, it all depends. Some models are such that you can wait until it's completely finished before you install the equipment. Usually, these are "sport" types or trainers. Some models require you to start the install long before you've completed construction...you literally build the equipment into the model...or you build the mounting areas as you go. This would be especially true of scale models, where the placement of the equipment cannot interfere with scale details, such as cockpits or cabin interiors, or where you may need to have hidden servos in the tail to offset the weight of an engine or scale details.

Of course this discussion only applies to scratch-build, plans-build, or kit-built airplanes. ARF-types are already "built".

With kits, the manufacturer's building instructions may give you an idea of when the equipment installation should take place. Many kits will have you do preparatory work early in the construction process, but the actual final installation of the electronics will take place after major construction is completed.

Electriceddie 09-08-2006 04:38 PM

I have a Fazer for over 3 years now. Monokote the plane and install the gear and engine later. Just be prepared to cut a bit into the new monokote. The elevator and rudder hatches need to be fitted to allow the servo shaft to protrude then the horn replaced. Make sure you run a string thru the wing for the wing servos wires to pull the servo wires thru to the fuse. Cover the entire wing, then cut out the servo opening for the wing servos. After you install the wing servos for the ailerons, remove the horns and cut a piece of monokote about 1-1/2 inches all the way around bigger then the servo opening and cover over the servo. Cut around the servo shaft neatly with an knife and re-install the servo horns. This will seal the servos in from oil and dirt. Run all wires to the receiver and battery which should be in the wing opposite of the muffler side of the engine. Balance the model laterally (Tip of engine to tail) as well as wing tip to wing tip. You will most likely need about 2 degreees of down thrust and 1-2 degrees of right thrust. That you will need to play with.

If you need any other assistance just reply back

Ed