RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   JR's PCM12X for the Rest Of The World (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/5931188-jrs-pcm12x-rest-world.html)

Mac_Man_UK 06-01-2007 03:11 PM

JR's PCM12X for the Rest Of The World

Advanced information is available.... http://www.macgregor.co.uk/radio/12X.htm

Please be aware that this is still tentative and subject to confirmation.

flyierjon 06-01-2007 03:13 PM

RE: JR's PCM12X for the Rest Of The World

WOW LOOKS SWEETTTTTTTT!!!!!! I WANT ONE!!!!!!! keep us informed as to when they will be available!

Mac_Man_UK 06-01-2007 03:17 PM

You will not get this in the USA, Horizon is only doing the 2.4 GHz variant.

flyierjon 06-01-2007 03:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Mac_Man_UK

You will not get this in the USA, Horizon is only doing the 2.4 GHz variant.
to that i say .... "not fair"

Mac_Man_UK 06-01-2007 03:22 PM

LOL.... I know..... You could try asking HH if they intend to bring any in as 2.4 GHz is going to be so crowded soon !

flyierjon 06-01-2007 03:26 PM

2.4 GHz is going to be so crowded soon !
thats the full reason why im sticking with the regular systems for now

gadix 06-01-2007 04:11 PM

yo mac man
this is amazing:)

is it out yet in asia???
what is the price there?

gadix
AZ

rmh 06-01-2007 04:38 PM

how do you crowd 2.4?

Mac_Man_UK 06-01-2007 06:05 PM

Gadix,

Not sure if its in production yet but the recommended retail price from JR Propo is Yen 199,500 for the complete package with servos (8325 or 8421) or Yen 196,350 with alternate servos (8301's or 8401's).

Mac_Man_UK 06-01-2007 06:11 PM

dick,

I was being somewhat "tongue in cheek", purely from the fact that the 2.4 GHz equipment is being seen as the magic solution for all one's problems. With Horizon producing the Spektrum systems and only taking on the 9303 2.4 GHz & the 12X 2.4 GHz sets from JR, I forsee in a few years that Horizon will not be selling any non 2.4 GHz kit. Thus the 72 MHz band will become a "ghost town" and for those who stay on 72 will benefit.

This is purely guesswork on my behalf, we shall just have to wait & see.......

flyierjon 06-01-2007 06:44 PM

With Horizon producing the Spektrum systems and only taking on the 9303 2.4 GHz & the 12X 2.4 GHz sets from JR, I forsee in a few years that Horizon will not be selling any non 2.4 GHz kit. Thus the 72 MHz band will become a "ghost town" and for those who stay on 72 will benefit.

This is purely guesswork on my behalf, we shall just have to wait & see.......
This is what i have been "guessing" for the last few months...... think about it..... we people who stay with 72 MHz wont have to fight for flight time any more at the crowded fields! That would be cool!

dirtybird 06-01-2007 07:15 PM

There are many more reasons to go to 2.4ghz than just the frequency conflict problem.

Mac_Man_UK 06-02-2007 04:16 AM

True, but I dont think its the great panacea for all. Across in the USA you are allowed 500mW with an EIRP of 1W, in Europe we are allowed 10mW/MHz with an EIRP of 100mW.... BIG difference !

So what may be very good for you guys over there may not be that brilliant over here.

onewasp 06-13-2007 11:29 AM

MM,

Simply the colonies acting up again-------will it never end (sigh).

Four Stroker 06-13-2007 01:15 PM

Well actually, Mac_Man_UK, we are allowed 1 watt conducted and 4 watts EIRP.

Mac_Man_UK 06-13-2007 01:34 PM

Thanks for updating me !! I was obviously misinformed.... that makes the difference all the more frightening !

[sm=what_smile.gif]

Four Stroker 06-13-2007 02:14 PM

Also, Mac_Mac_UK, the frequency hopping definition that allows you to stay on a single frequency for 0.4 seconds with a 6 dB bandwidth of 500 KHz with an EIRP of 4 watts is very frightening. That is to say, there are obviously legal commercial products that can shoot us down with complete impunity. The cult euphoria around 2.4 GHz may fade in the next few years. The USA is the proving ground for this concept.

Didn't you guys have a similar 469 MHz experiment some time ago ?

onewasp 06-13-2007 03:07 PM

{Quote}
frequency hopping

But the Spektrum RF section (being utilized in select JR equipment) is not a 'hopper'.
Futaba, I believe, is.

Mac_Man_UK 06-13-2007 04:01 PM

The thing that concerns me most is.... Spektrum & XPS adhere to listen before speak, so they will select "quiet channels", along come a couple of Futaba users and open up.... Their FAAST system does not listen but bounces around quite merrily ignoring the fact that the channel is "in use". So what happens is tha the noise floor rises... XPS will select a new "channel" on the fly if it believes that the noise level is too high, but what will Spektrum do ? Failsafe all the time ?? I don't know...

Will we see Branded Fields in the future ? Sorry mate, cant fly here.... we are all Futaba... or we all use Spektrum/JR....

Eeek !

bruce88123 06-13-2007 09:32 PM

The Futaba is only going to be there for 2 milliseconds before moving on. I would doubt that the Spektrums or Extremes would be bothered in that short of a period.

onewasp 06-14-2007 09:52 AM

I certainly do not qualify as an authority on how the FCC would react to such potential 'collisions' but I believe that is reason enough for rejection of the 'hopper'..
(Then again, there is no such thing as an 'authority' on Gov'ts. in general) Particularly ours i.e. USA.

I understand that the FCC has nothing to do with the rest of the world---------which probably is a fortunate thing!
Come to think of it that remark might apply to the rest of the idiots currently occupying Washington D.C. :D

Mac_Man_UK 06-14-2007 10:43 AM

I think it is still early days yet as 2.4GHz isnt "out there" in vast quantities (compared to the usual 35 MHz, 36 MHz, 40 MHz, 72 MHz etc), there are still other major players yet to join in (JR, Hitec etc) so until they become part of the "gang", the numbers currently using 2.4 GHz per flying site would (I imagine) still be fairly low.

Let see how it pans out over the next 12 months or so (which quite a few people are doing so I read on multiple forums!)

BillS 06-14-2007 01:50 PM

does not listen but bounces around quite merrily ignoring the fact that the channel is "in use".

The Futaba is only going to be there for 2 milliseconds before moving on. I would doubt that the Spektrums or Extremes would be bothered in that short of a period.

to such potential 'collisions' but I believe that is reason enough for rejection of the 'hopper'.
I don’t believe we know if Futaba uses any of the Spectrum frequencies.

I also don’t believe that we know if the transmitter listens to the traffic and then instructs the receiver about the channel hop sequence.

I don’t believe we know if the hop sequence can be changed on the fly by instructions from the transmitter.

We do know that low battery spikes adversely the Spectrum. We do know that Futaba is late to the party and may miss the festivities.

Bill

GBR2 06-14-2007 05:17 PM

Only a 20 model Memory??? Seems a step back to me on this front. I had thought they would have installed a flash card reader of some sort where you could store basically unlimited setups.

Mac_Man_UK 06-14-2007 07:12 PM

It does have a PC interface which I believe allows for backing up/storing model memories. Though I have yet to receive confirmation on this.