RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   14MZ tech questions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/6975285-14mz-tech-questions.html)

kelly vallee 01-26-2008 09:25 PM

14MZ tech questions

I have just started programming my 14MZ with my old jets ( kangaroo ), but can up with a little programming problem. I have two rubbers one in channel 4 and the other in 5 channel. I have channel 4, that is slower and has less travel the channel 5, they are exactly the same servo. And have the same ATV, with out any D/R or P. mix and both have the same trim. The only difference is in the sub-trim menu, channel 4 has +41 and channel 5 has -52, to set them up straight. Is there anything in the back round programming that I'm missing or what happening?

tkilwein 01-26-2008 11:24 PM

RE: 14MZ tech questions

Have you swapped servos between 4,5 to see if servo or radio?
I have had the same model servos behave differently.

BobH 01-27-2008 12:19 AM

I would suggest you ask that question on the Futaba support..and.. dont forget about the 14Z receiver.. the channels are different from standard receives to make differences between servos better. Check the recommend channel use if you haven't already.

kelly vallee 01-27-2008 08:28 AM

I have not tried switching servo, but this servo work perfectly with my 9Z, and yes I'm using the recommend channel use. I have to change all the position on the receiver.

BobH 01-27-2008 03:49 PM

How about the selected servo speed in the TX? Thats something you can set via a menu for each channel. Sorry if I'm not helping much..

3D Joy 01-29-2008 07:28 AM

I have the same problem unfortunately also without answer....

I also just got my 14 MZ and activated the ailevator function (chan 1-2). One of the elevators reach 135% while the other is only at 65% or so and 65% stick travel. If I go all the way on the stick, the first servo stays at 135% while the other one reaches 100% when the stick reaches 100%.

I'm in the process of registering to Futaba and accessing the 14MZ.com forun seems to be the best solution IMO.

d_wheel 01-29-2008 08:46 AM

ORIGINAL: kelly vallee

I have just started programming my 14MZ with my old jets ( kangaroo ), but can up with a little programming problem. I have two rubbers one in channel 4 and the other in 5 channel. I have channel 4, that is slower and has less travel the channel 5, they are exactly the same servo. And have the same ATV, with out any D/R or P. mix and both have the same trim. The only difference is in the sub-trim menu, channel 4 has +41 and channel 5 has -52, to set them up straight. Is there anything in the back round programming that I'm missing or what happening?
With the advanced programmability of the 14mz there also comes more possibilities of programming something wrong. For this reason, trying to diagnose a problem like this on the internet is very difficult. However, one of the benefits of the 14mz is that it is possible to email model setups. If you will copy your model onto your pc and email it to me, I will be happy to load it onto my transmitter. Might be able to see what is going on and offer some advice. Also, if someone else on line has a setup that you could use and has it working properly, they could send it to you.

Later;

D.W.