RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   JR Dual Conversion question (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/7002044-jr-dual-conversion-question.html)

MetallicaJunkie 01-31-2008 01:38 PM

JR Dual Conversion question

My brother has a dual conversion receiver JR R945S, and i just purchased a Jr pcm 10x, are they compatible? i cant get them to communicate... should i just stick to a single conversion Rx ?

Crewcut 01-31-2008 01:49 PM

RE: JR Dual Conversion question

Try switching 10x to transmitt on PPM

tadawson 01-31-2008 02:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Crewcut

The 945 is clearly a PCM receiver, so that won't work. Do you have the appropriate crystal for the 945, in the red plastic holder? If you just put the grey crystal from a single conversion rx into the 945, is will **NOT** work - the crystals are different. FWIW, I have a 945 on my 10X, and it was no issue at all - they work flawlessly.

- Tim

MetallicaJunkie 01-31-2008 03:30 PM

ORIGINAL: tadawson

The 945 is clearly a PCM receiver, so that won't work. Do you have the appropriate crystal for the 945, in the red plastic holder? If you just put the grey crystal from a single conversion rx into the 945, is will **NOT** work - the crystals are different. FWIW, I have a 945 on my 10X, and it was no issue at all - they work flawlessly.

- Tim

thanks tim... my receiver has a red "28" in it and my tx module has a grey "28 crystal. so thats the problem?

fizzwater2 01-31-2008 03:33 PM

JR TX crystals are black caps. If yours is a grey crystal, then you have a receiver crystal in your TX.

In the states, it's not legal to change TX crystals without having the tuning of the transmitter checked. Modules yes, crystals no.

MetallicaJunkie 01-31-2008 05:36 PM

ORIGINAL: tadawson

- Tim

sorry if i confused anyone.... my tx module has a black cover, and the rx receiver crystal has the red cover, they are both on the same frequency but do not work...

would i need to buy a dual conversion tx module, so i could use the 945 receiver?

onewasp 01-31-2008 05:45 PM

Dual conversion relates only to the Rx signal processing-----NOT the Tx.

If both Tx and Rx show to be on the same frequency and both are JR and they are not operating properly then you've got problems and probably need a trip to Horizon's service center-------save a lot of time and frustration, send it in.

MetallicaJunkie 01-31-2008 05:54 PM

ok thankx

tadawson 01-31-2008 07:58 PM

The only other thing that comes to mind is that some of the older 10X radios would support PPM, ZPCM, and SPCM . . . if you have the choice, the one you need for a 945 is SPCM. If not, then never mind . . . if you are on SPCM, and nothing works, then as others have said, something is broken, and it needs a checkup . . .

- Tim

MetallicaJunkie 01-31-2008 11:29 PM

a checkup it is then :( ... thanks for all the help guys

edge540h 02-13-2008 08:00 PM

hi i am new computer radios with that beeing said, i got a JR 8103, i fly only airplanes , and i have a 10ch s-class PCM rx R955S 72mhz. My transmitter has a modual with low band ch 31 72.410. the qustion is what type of crystal do i need to use for my receiver, same freq i know, what is the deff between dual conversion and singal band, what do use for PCM is it the same as use an fm crystal ?

bruce88123 02-13-2008 10:46 PM

ORIGINAL: edge540h

hi i am new computer radios with that being said, i got a JR 8103, i fly only airplanes , and i have a 10ch s-class PCM rx R955S 72mhz. My transmitter has a modual with low band ch 31 72.410. the qustion is what type of crystal do i need to use for my receiver, same freq i know, what is the deff between dual conversion and singal band, what do use for PCM is it the same as use an fm crystal ?
PCM crystal is the same as an FM/PPM crystal. A dual conversion radio MUST have a dual conversion crystal. That said JR doesn't "CALL" this either a sinmgle or dual conversion unit.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=JRPR955**

Mac_Man_UK 02-14-2008 12:01 PM

As it is a 955S and doesnt have the letter D, its a Single Conversion receiver, therefore a Grey capped crystal is needed.

edge540h 02-14-2008 01:15 PM

THANKS GUYS ILL BE HEADING TO THE HOBBIE SHOP TODAY

BarracudaHockey 02-14-2008 03:09 PM

And there is no low band or high band designation where JR is concerned, thats only Futaba and only Futaba recievers marked as such.