RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   JR 10x screen problems (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/79701-jr-10x-screen-problems.html)

Scott Ramberg 03-17-2002 03:08 AM

JR 10x screen problems

The right side of my touch screen on 10x went dead. I just sent it in for repair, which I wasn't very happy to do. I sold a lot plane stuff to get this thing it went bad shortly after I got it. Other than this problem I have loved the radio. Just wondering if this has been a common problem or I got a lemmon.
Scott

Dansy 03-17-2002 03:19 AM

JR 10x screen problems

Hi,

I have a 10X for three years.... no problem with the screen, and I also did own a JR 10 model for about 8 years with no problem either, but I always protected my screen from the sun.

Daniel D.

WhoDaMan 03-17-2002 05:23 AM

10X

Hey Scott:
You need to post this on the jet Forum. To answer the question is that JR has a silent recall on this. What they found out is that some of the 10's had the screen to tight in the TX and they were changing program files by the presure forced on the screen. Call them and report it. Hope this helps ;)

Dave R

Scott Ramberg 03-17-2002 04:01 PM

10x

Yes mine has babied also. This was a dream radio for me. I always recase the radio before imounding it my club field. The screen failed or started to fail soon after I got it. Sometimes it worked other times not. I know it's a good radio. Several of my jet flying buddies have had no problems, which just makes me madder.
Thanks for you input
Scott

Scott Ramberg 03-17-2002 04:05 PM

10x problem

Thanks
That's exactly what I'm looking for. When they call and tell me I need a new screen I want to loaded with information. I know this problem is not my fault and had to be a defect. This radio has been babied like none other.
Scott

WhoDaMan 03-17-2002 04:09 PM

Screen

Your welcome Scott. I know of at least 3 other people that have had this problem. Great radio thou. And when you pay that much for something, one tends to treat it with alot of love. :)

Dave

Bob Laine 03-17-2002 04:35 PM

JR 10x screen problems

I had the same problem with my 10X right after I purchased it last year. I too was dissapointed but what can you do? I found out that the problem was not experienced all the time. I also found out that if I held the transmitter in a certain way, I screen would go blank. I did this for several times and convinced myself that it was indeed a definate problem and needed to be addressed. Before sending it back, I found out that if you loosen'ed the screws on the front of the transmitter, "Bingo", the problem was solved. No doubt there is a defect in the design of the way the face plate is attached. I sent it back to the factory, and they made the nescessary modifications that cured the problem. Another problem I found was in the charge circut. I found that if you tried to "quick" charge the battery's in the transmitter, the Fuse, would blow everytime. This is a ceramic fuse that is not detectable to someone unfamialiar with this type of fuse. I cured this problem by just adding a jumper across the fuse. I dont know why they have a fuse there anyway. I hope this has helped you and I'm sure you will enjoy the 10X very much. ( Personally, I still like Mark V111 unlimited, better.)

Mode1 03-17-2002 10:15 PM

JR 10x screen problems

I have three JR radios with the touch screen, including one JR10X, and I have had no problems.

Scott Ramberg 03-17-2002 11:04 PM

10x problem

I have been using the radio for two full seasons now and like it very much. I've been flying a BVM Maverick and have had absolutly no problems with it either. That's why I hadn't sent it in yet. I used to be able to get into the menu's if I sat and pushed long enough. I'm getting ready to gear up my new BVM Bobcat and need the radio working. So I sent it in while I paint.
Thanks for the help
Scott

visioneer_one 03-18-2002 05:48 PM

JR 10x screen problems

I have two questions about Horizon replacing the 10X screens. On my airplane one, a drop of something (oil?) has gotten through the outer plastic layer right near the timer start/stop soft button. If I press that spot it "sticks" for a while. I've had it stick by itself while flying... it's unnerving to hear the timer resetting itself without being asked!

This is my main radio - I use it every weekend. I'd hate to be down for a month while they work on it.

- How long does the repair take?
- How much $$ ?

Scott Ramberg 03-18-2002 11:21 PM

10x

I called ahead. They said four days turn around, plus I shipped it two day U.S. Mail each way. Should be ten days at the most.
Scott

DavidR 03-19-2002 02:44 PM

JR 10x screen problems

I have been using the 10X since they came out. I have never had a problem with the display other than fat fingering it one time and getting it too dim to read. I fly a lot and it is out in the sun at Jet events, and at the local field. It has been out in the rain, and has been in hot and cold weather. I don't baby this radio, but I also do not abuse it, and I have had no problems. I also don't follow what Bob Laine was saying about not being able to fast charge. I use a Graupner Ultra Duo II charger and have never done anything BUT fast charge mine and made no modifications to it at all. It is NOT a good idea to bypass a fuse, if you should have a short circuit it is nice for it to blow instead of your radio.

David Reid

whidbey1 03-20-2002 02:23 AM

10X Screen problem

Hi
I bought a 10X when it was newly released. From the first week I had screen problems, it has been sent back to horizon 3 times, screen replaced the last time, seems to be fixed.
If you need help at horizon, the person I was told to contact was "Dave Pool", he seemed really concerned and willing to bend over backwords to fix out of warrenty 10X screens at no charge. At least in my case.

Good Luck

Bill

ddang 01-08-2003 07:08 AM

HI

Any one know the part number to a new JR 10SX screen. I think I will change it myself instead waiting for Horizon. Thanks

david