RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/8515737-new-hitec-aurora-9-channel-2-4ghz-radio-system.html)

lafjax 07-13-2010 05:26 PM

RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

ORIGINAL: lafjax

I cannot seem to connect the transmitter, receiver or module to the hp-22. Upgraded hp-22 to 1.02 software, hp-22 lights up connected to each item and hp-22 says not connected. Any ideas?
Okay, solved the connection problem...did not press yes on transmitter, duh...
Updated the module but how do I get the ver 1.07 transmitter software. I looked on page above, even backed up a page or two and found something about it in Korean but could not download.

After connecting the transmitter to hp 22 I get two options after choosing to update transmitter. "Data Load from PC to Radio" and "Data Save Radio to PC". Nothing about automated updating to ver 1.07. Dont you have to download v 1.07 and use the "PC to Radio" option to install it?

bgw45 07-13-2010 06:15 PM

Module update issue...... software would not recognize the module....

I pulled the module apart and found the ground pin bent badly. Straightened the pin and reassembled the module. Now no link to the reciever at all. Opened the module back up and found the black wire from the board to the antennae "removed from the board".

Since I have to think I did the crime I purchased another module and all is well.

Guys, be careful plugging in the Hitec jumpers provided with the HP22 as they are "really" tight. Be sure they line up before pushing into proper position.

I have since re-bound all my receivers and everything is working as expected.

Highflight 07-13-2010 06:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Chancho

Anyone else having problems trying to access the http://hitecrcd.co.kr/tester/hpp_22.htm ?

I've gathered all my gear together, unistalled the old version of the HPP-22 softwrae and no luck with the Hitec website. :-(
The site works fine for me as well.

Maybe check your security software, it might be blocking it un-necesessarily.

Bob Pastorello 07-13-2010 07:41 PM

A.T. and Mike M - THANKYOU, GUYS!!!!!!!!
I now have SILENCE when I'm programming (spouse is smilin'), and throttle LOCK is on a Switch, and a dedicated, already built-in RUDD>AIL mix...all very cool, and really very nice upgrades.

Also - boys n' girls- you ain't gonna beat the price of these UPGRADES ***ANYWHERE***.....Take THAT, Futaba and JR!!!!!!!!!!!

Instructions were perfect, Mike, and be sure to thank Bob over on Helifreaks.com for the great video.
You guys are making this all so easy a cave man can do it...... (you all knew that was coming)

<span style="font-size: medium">THANKYOU, Hitec!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span>

Jonson 07-14-2010 01:28 AM

ORIGINAL: PlaneInsane

Jonson, I think you need to change your regional language to English (on your PC) for it to work.
It's work !!! Many thanks ! I will never think about that fix :)

Have a nice fly :)

Jonson

ExcaliburIII 07-14-2010 07:44 AM

10 minutes and all my equipment is now upgraded. This system just keeps getting better every time we turn around. I especially like the password and the silence.

A BIG Hoo Rah for Hitec, keep up the excellent work.

Wallygator
aka: ExcaliburIII

Chillybee 07-14-2010 08:17 AM

I have a question about the GPS telemetry. Will the plane's realtime position be available in Google Earth if the HPP-22 module is plugged into a USB port of a laptop? If that is the case, then it would require having a laptop/ntebook next to you while flying correct? Too bad it can't be connected to an iPhone.

JIMF14D 07-14-2010 08:33 AM

I can get the HP-22 running but when Itell it to download, it says cannot find site. I can get to the Hitec Korea site directly but not the tester/tester.html part. Ican see the 1.07 software at the Hitec site but do not want to download it that way.

Any ideas. firewall and anti-virus are off.

lafjax 07-14-2010 09:31 AM

I cannot seem to connect the transmitter, receiver or module to the hp-22. Upgraded hp-22 to 1.02 software, hp-22 lights up connected to each item and hp-22 says not connected. Any ideas?
Okay, solved the connection problem...did not press yes on transmitter, duh...
Updated the module but how do I get the ver 1.07 transmitter software. I looked on page above, even backed up a page or two and found something about it in Korean but could not download.

After connecting the transmitter to hp 22 I get two options after choosing to update transmitter. ''Data Load from PC to Radio'' and ''Data Save Radio to PC''. Nothing about automated updating to ver 1.07. Dont you have to download v 1.07 and use the ''PC to Radio'' option to install it?
NEVERMIND ... I missed seeing the "upgrade button" mode going into the program.

Those of you having trouble accessing the hpp22 site you must turn off all anti-virus, anti-malware and firewall to get the page to load.

Bob Pastorello 07-14-2010 12:55 PM

That's interesting.....when I did mine last night, I didn't have to touch anything. Left my firewall up, and the full AVG anti-everything turned on. I'm running IE 8 ... wonder if that made a difference?

I actually got to the site by clicking in Mike Mayberry's initial post with the info and videos. Lots of ways to make it work, I suppose. I'm glad it was easier for me or else I would have honked it ALL up...

JIMF14D 07-14-2010 01:37 PM

Ok Igot it all upgraded and working.

Iheard you get a free 7 channel Rx Dumbell award if it takes more than 5 tries so ship mine to.....................:)

Idid not have ver 1.02 HP SW loaded. Once that was done Icould access the "tester/tester" site via the HP-22 and proceed with no problems.

So off we go flying if the rain stops!

Thanks to all the Hitec and RC Universe wizards. Sure glad we did not buy the Hobby Dung HK 4.5 right?

Jim D

PS: Is there a list/description anywhere of RX upgrades and what they do?

zero244 07-14-2010 03:00 PM

I dont have the Hpp-22 yet so I cant update.....I was kind of holding out for the wireless version of the HPP-22.
I think once we get a update or two under our belt things will go smoother.

Jim:
From what I understand the upgrade on the rx is mainly because the module got updated and the module got updated so the new telemetry stuff works right.

JIMF14D 07-14-2010 03:58 PM

Well once you get it going it is so easy I am not sure a wireless thingie is needed. Wow unless it talked directly to the TX at 2.4ghz. now that would be cool.

Jim D

JCOKEEFE 07-14-2010 06:11 PM

[8D]This is for all of you Aurora 9 experts out there, including Hitec. I purchased the A9 in January of this year and am happy with it.
I have five giant scale aircraft that have been fully converted to 2.4 and are equipped with Optima 7 or 9 channel rx's. Yesterday I
successfully performed the updates to the A9 tx and module plus the Optima rx installed on one aircraft.

My question is this:

As stated above, I have an Optima rx in each of my 5 aircraft. I wrap foam rubber around my rx's and firmly anchor them in the
belly of each aircraft. It was a pain to pull out of it's "cocoon" the rx that I did the software update to yesterday. I am now going
to download the latest software to a second Optima rx in another aircraft. Can the rx cable that connects to the rx plug-in port be
left there after a download has been completed with the thought that it will be there and already plugged into the rx when Hitec comes
out with another rx software update, thus making the process a bit less cumbersome?? My thought being that I would then purchase
more of these rx cables to accomodate all of the Optima rx's for all of my aircraft. Hopefully, this question makes sense to you all.

Lastly, when I do a software update to my Optima rx's, can I simply use the rx battery pack that is in the aircraft that is plugged into
the battery port on the rx to power up the rx for the software update? Or, do I have to plug in a separate battery pack into the SPC port?
I do not fly electric and never use the SPC port.

Thanks for your responses.

MikeMayberry 07-14-2010 08:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: JCOKEEFE

[8D]This is for all of you Aurora 9 experts out there, including Hitec. I purchased the A9 in January of this year and am happy with it.
I have five giant scale aircraft that have been fully converted to 2.4 and are equipped with Optima 7 or 9 channel rx's. Yesterday I
successfully performed the updates to the A9 tx and module plus the Optima rx installed on one aircraft.

My question is this:

As stated above, I have an Optima rx in each of my 5 aircraft. I wrap foam rubber around my rx's and firmly anchor them in the
belly of each aircraft. It was a pain to pull out of it's ''cocoon'' the rx that I did the software update to yesterday. I am now going
to download the latest software to a second Optima rx in another aircraft. Can the rx cable that connects to the rx plug-in port be
left there after a download has been completed with the thought that it will be there and already plugged into the rx when Hitec comes
out with another rx software update, thus making the process a bit less cumbersome?? My thought being that I would then purchase
more of these rx cables to accomodate all of the Optima rx's for all of my aircraft. Hopefully, this question makes sense to you all.

Lastly, when I do a software update to my Optima rx's, can I simply use the rx battery pack that is in the aircraft that is plugged into
the battery port on the rx to power up the rx for the software update? Or, do I have to plug in a separate battery pack into the SPC port?
I do not fly electric and never use the SPC port.

Thanks for your responses.
Yes, you could leave the lead connected to the data port and use the battery in the plane for power when updating.

Low battery warning in electric model
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaTYTzDzcFA[/youtube]

Telemetry connected to PC
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKrf0q5Bibc[/youtube]

FYI: .pdf of updates

MikeMayberry 07-14-2010 10:42 PM

Warning... It has been reported that in the GLID menu when using two flap servos that FLAP2 could possibly be reversed when changing from V1.06 to V1.07 so please be aware of this and reverse the servo as needed.

Mike.

Michel 07-15-2010 03:55 PM

Hi Guys

Every day I finish work , and get onto my computer . Look at the days posts at RCU . Here Hitec , has JUST , come out with a new up-grade .

How good is the Aurora ,................................................. ............................... LISTEN , this thread is almost DEAD .

You,ve done youre homework Hitec ,......................... not bad at all [sm=thumbs_up.gif] [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

JIMF14D 07-15-2010 07:58 PM

Don't say that too loud. Mayberry may have to get a real job!

Just teasing.

zero244 07-15-2010 08:00 PM

I agree hitec is making an effort to make sure the A9 is a success.
The main reason I held off getting a 2.4 system was the high prices and the complicated stale programming of the radios in my price range.
The touch screen and folder metaphor programming of the A9 gave me the go ahead to make the jump to 2.4.

Talk about the dream job.........Mike gets paid to hang out with Brandon Chitty beta testing firmware upgrades. [>:]

MikeMayberry 07-15-2010 11:21 PM

Somebody's got to do it! ;)

Mike.

lunarhemal 07-15-2010 11:58 PM

Hitec,
I am yet to get my A9 in hands, maybe a week to go. But ever since i follow the RCU forum and the way hitec team replies to all queries and issues, i am so much impressed and satisfied with the features of aurora 9 and its abilities.

My Questions :
1.) Where can we get the Telemetry sensors from ?? :eek: Its not availalbe on Tower hobbies as of now. When planned ?? [&:]
2.) When there will be a sensor availalbe for Gas engine fuels ?? Giant Scale guys would join me for this !!!! ;) (I have Cessana 182 - 26CC Gas)
3.) When will the Spectra Pro Synthesized be available ?? that is also not on Tower Hobbies online [:'(]

Grievances :
1.) When i was ordering Hitec Aurora 9 from Tower Hobbies site, there was no write-up or upgrade information that, this unit NEEDS an extra interface HPP-22 to upgrade the software. Due to this, i now have to order this seperately and pay for extra international freight for this tiny unit. huh !!!
2.) The free 7 Ch Rx coupons are not for Tower hobbies customers ??? !!! [:@]

Hope to get a reply from Mike mayberry - Hitec Rep.

Regards,

Hemal

lunarhemal 07-16-2010 12:15 AM

Dear Mike,

Video on telemetry connected to PC is incomplete. Please show how to connect the entire system. Watching is always been better than reading in the manuals. !!!!

and when the Low battery warning starts, show how it also displays on the PC.

PLEASE PLEASE !!!

Thanks

Hemal

MikeMayberry 07-16-2010 12:26 AM

ORIGINAL: lunarhemal

Hitec,
I am yet to get my A9 in hands, maybe a week to go. But ever since i follow the RCU forum and the way hitec team replies to all queries and issues, i am so much impressed and satisfied with the features of aurora 9 and its abilities.

My Questions :
1.) Where can we get the Telemetry sensors from ?? :eek: Its not availalbe on Tower hobbies as of now. When planned ?? [&:]
2.) When there will be a sensor availalbe for Gas engine fuels ?? Giant Scale guys would join me for this !!!! ;) (I have Cessana 182 - 26CC Gas)
3.) When will the Spectra Pro Synthesized be available ?? that is also not on Tower Hobbies online [:'(]

Grievances :
1.) When i was ordering Hitec Aurora 9 from Tower Hobbies site, there was no write-up or upgrade information that, this unit NEEDS an extra interface HPP-22 to upgrade the software. Due to this, i now have to order this separately and pay for extra international freight for this tiny unit. huh !!!
2.) The free 7 Ch Rx coupons are not for Tower hobbies customers ??? !!! [:@]

Hope to get a reply from Mike mayberry - Hitec Rep.

Regards,

Hemal
The Telemetry system will be in the stores Late July/ Early August.
We're still testing and hope to have the fuel sensors work with gasoline in the future.
The Spectra Pro 72mhz module in due in Sept.

Typically Tower puts related items in a list on the same page as the product. I'll contact the powers that be and see if they can add it to prevent a similar situation as yours in the future. Sorry for that, it's on our website.
The coupon offer expired on March 31st but all radios ordered prior to that date where shipped with coupons which went well into May due to the backlog. Unfortunately that stock could now be depleted at the larger distributors. However, if the coupon is in the box it is still valid and can be redeemed.

Mike.

lunarhemal 07-16-2010 12:31 AM

Mike,

Thanks for all answers.

When i get my Radio, i might have some more questions like others.

Hemal.

also looking forward to the updated video on telemetry on PC. !!

boothg-3 07-16-2010 04:15 PM

Mike Mayberry , i have a question
i plan to attend an event that will have between 100-200 pilots
the event calendar states they will not impound 2.4 transmitters
there are 5 active flight stations and a possible ten radios on in the pits
in your opinion could this cause an issue such as sluggish
response or even lock out
this of course includes the other brands
of redios being in use
i asking strictly as a safety issue
what are your thoughts on it