RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   graupner mc22/24 discussion (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/982388-graupner-mc22-24-discussion.html)

woodscra 07-23-2003 12:05 PM

graupner mc22/24 discussion

Discussion and questions for this TX.

I have read it will do 72 Mhz.

Does it have digital trims?

Best place to buy it from?

Anyone have an english instruction manual soft copy?

Are the p. mixes the same across each flight phase or do you get a new set of mixes for every flight phase?

Thanks

steveg_oz 07-24-2003 03:29 AM

i'd be interested to hear what the functionality of the MC-22 is. I have an MC-24 which is the top of the line model. I've missed one ROM upgrade, so it will be interesting to compare. I believe that the 22 has digital trims. Its also about half the price of the 24, so it should be a fine radio. (I wouldn't part with my 24 for anything, its the best radio I've ever used, and I've owned JR, Futaba and Multiplex)

Steve

woodscra 07-24-2003 11:30 AM

Thanks steve. I spoke to someone yesterday on the 24, and it supposedly has more features than the 22.
I fly a 10x currently.

Is that analog meter on the top middle of the radio a signal meter?

I was told the 22 is not approved to be imported to the US so my only option would be the 24.

What tray do you use? Do you have a pic or website?

The 24 has been around for a few years, have you heard if anything new is coming to replace/upgrade it?

I wish the 24 had digital trims, I have grown fond of them.

jorgeelizondom 07-24-2003 01:23 PM

I'm also interested in one., but I'm hesitant because of service availability.

Do you have any comments as to where to service them in the USA?

woodscra 07-24-2003 01:28 PM

Yes, the same place that sells them in the US also services them.

www.modellbau-usa.com

They only sell the 24, not the 22.

Jon Wold 08-10-2003 08:23 AM

Originally posted by woodscra
Thanks steve. I spoke to someone yesterday on the 24, and it supposedly has more features than the 22.

Actually, My dealer told me the MC-22 has some more features that will only be available to MC-24 with the next software release. The main difference is that MC-24 has more flight modes and model memories, and you can upgrade software yourself with a PC.

Originally posted by woodscra

The 24 has been around for a few years, have you heard if anything new is coming to replace/upgrade it?

I wish the 24 had digital trims, I have grown fond of them.

Not likely that they'll replace it anytime soon, I understand it's being upgraded all the time so I don't see any reason for it. Digital trims will hopefully be an option one day, it's one of the reasons I got the MC-22.

woodscra 08-10-2003 11:44 AM

The 22 does look nice, but modelbeu USA does not import them, only the 24 is approved for 72 Mhz in the USA I was told.

I agree, I like the digital trims and would like to see them added, since every new radio has them, even 6 channels.

steveg_oz 08-11-2003 01:08 AM

While the MC24 does not have digital trims, it has something called Trim memory. After a flight you can transfer the trim positions to the sub-trim for a channel. Somewhat useful/

Steve