RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   adding another plane (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/98444-adding-another-plane.html)

tbone4343 04-07-2002 03:13 AM

adding another plane

have a gold sticker airtrinics from early 90s 4 or 5 adding a flight pack to run off same trans. save cost a little . is there anything to know as i've always bought radio and all togrther as this is my first add on to existing ,this should be ok no problemo ?

bob_nj 04-07-2002 08:35 AM

adding another plane

There are probably many answers to this. Mine is like this. Since the radio is a bit dated, I would gather up all of your receivers and send them along with your transmitter to the service center for an alignment and tune up. This practice should, notice I say should be done once a year for synthesized equipment, and maybe every other year for others. That's what Futaba recommends anyway. Electrons are the only link we have between fun and disaster. My rule of thumb is to always buy the very best radio equipment I can afford. That way I can concentrate on other things, and worry about something else. Liability and safety are huge considerations these days. I know it's not the time of year you want to be without your radio, but as Walter Cronkite used to say, "And that's the way it is" ;)

DGrant 04-07-2002 08:39 AM

adding another plane

I'm not real familiar with Airtronics, but I can share my experience in general with radios, and adding flight-packs.
First off, prior to computer style radios, that have model memory, and the capacity to store info for each individual model seperately within the computer, I only used one transmitter for one plane. That way there was never any chance to get set-ups mixed up.

You didn't state which model transmitter you have, or if it is a computer variety that would have model selection capability. If it in fact does not have any of the computer features, I would keep it solely for one plane, and not deal with it.

If it is of the computer/memory variety, then add all the flight-packs you can, just making sure your set-ups and model/menu selections are correct for the plane your flying.

If your planes are very similar in set-up, you should be OK too. I would just be leary about having to set it up differently every time you want to fly a different plane. It's almost like maiden flights untrimmed every time out(not that bad,,,but) leaves to much room for error without the computer aid.

You might check into a whole new computer system if you don't already have one, especially if your looking at flight-packs already. There are some very decently priced systems out right now, in several different brands.