RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Were You At Rc Country Swap Meet?? Please Help!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/98957-were-you-rc-country-swap-meet-please-help.html)

sherman-RCU 04-07-2002 07:14 PM

Were You At Rc Country Swap Meet?? Please Help!!

I've been known to do stupid things before, and here's another.
I sold my Futaba 8UAFS and left my Spectra Module in it!!

I was at the RC Country Swap Meet in Sacramento California this last Saturday. If you were there I'm sure you saw the guy in the straw hat with the light grey trailer on the corner, that was me!
ANYWAY, a gentleman was very interested in one of my 8UAFS's with NO MODULE and had decided to purchase it. I mentioned that I had 2 of these transmitters for sale and he asked to see the other one. I had flown with it the day before and had to get it out of my radio case. Well he decided to take the second and without realizing it, I left my Hitec Spectra module in the radio!! DOH!! I got to the field today and couldn't fly!! :( :angry:
This being a swap meet, I have absolutely no way to get a hold of this gentleman, and he seemed like the kind of person that if he knew how to get a hold of me, he would. The REALLY sad thing is after he bought it and came by again, I asked him if I could get the memory module I left in it back. Well, he opened the module dust cover and I HADN'T left it in there. Didn't even think to check for the TX module! Aaaarrrrgghh, I'm losing it at 34!! :spinnyeye
If anybody in the Sac area knows who bought this radio, PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks!

OH YEAH, ANYBODY WANNA SELL ME A SPECTRA MODULE???

Dazzler 04-07-2002 07:35 PM

Oh man you know that thing is gone. Chalk it up to a lesson learned!!! Daz...

sherman-RCU 04-07-2002 07:40 PM

Well, I figure the RC community is about the best group of people out there, and a ton of them visit here, SO it's worth a shot. I'm certainly not holding by breath, but my fingers are crossed!! :rolleyes:

RALBITRE 04-07-2002 08:01 PM

SORRY TO HEAR OF IT ,THAT WOULD RUIN A WEEKEND YEAH I REMEMBER TRANS ACTION,I THOUGHT HECK OF DEAL,BUT HOPEFULLY HE WILL SEE YOUR ADD HEAR AND RESPOND ,IT SEEMS FOR THE MOST PART R-CERS ARE HONEST PEOPLE,KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED,I AM NOT SURE BUT I THINK I BOUGHT SOME STUFF FROM YOU,A&A INDUSTRIES,DO YOU KNOW IF THEY HAVE WEB SITE,IF YOU KNOW IT COULD PLEASE SEND THANKS AND GOOD LUCK

sherman-RCU 04-07-2002 08:06 PM

I remember! since I only sold one A&A kit! hehe. :p

Their website is at -
www.aaind.com

Thanks again and hope you fun with her!

Brian

kofi1013 05-08-2010 04:00 PM

RE: Were You At Rc Country Swap Meet?? Please Help!!

1 Attachment(s)
I bought this plane from the RC Country Swap meet. Im trying to figure out who makes it so that I can purchase spare parts. I thought it was made by Great Planes but the dimissions are different. The wingspan is 66.5" and the fuselage is 43" The plane has flaps as well.