Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

nj anyone???

Old 11-18-2003, 03:30 PM
snowbrules3-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nj anyone???

i dont no if i knbow her
Old 12-04-2003, 10:47 AM
Burnin_Foam

Hey, I'm new to the site, I live in NJ by Hackensack. I'll be heading over to the FDU Parking Lot tonight with a couple of friends to race. If anyone wants to come stop by, we'll be on the Hackensack side by the office buildings around 6ish...

My email is [email protected]

Later
Old 12-04-2003, 07:43 PM
R/C car guy

Burin_Foam,

how far away is hackensack from hampton township? i'm only 14 so i don't know where everywhere is. how old are you?
Old 12-05-2003, 08:32 AM
Burnin_Foam

I dont know, but I'm like 5 minutes from the Garden State Plaza.....oh yea, I'm 23.
Old 12-08-2003, 04:01 PM
Burnin_Foam

Damn no one visits this forum?
Old 12-17-2003, 07:29 PM
Chris08527

this forum is a little slow

check out jacksonrcracing.com, trinity tech talk on their home page sixfoottiger.com is also very busy

these are good sites and if you are asking ques will get a reply back within the day many times within the hour maybe 2

check out

later,
Chris08527
Old 01-11-2004, 09:35 AM
jrochelle

I'm in Chester... may consider going down to jackson for racing, but it seems this central/northern NJ area is really lacking a good race/bash area... I think a few of us should join up to create a real track... team up with a hobby shop and stir up some interest... If there was an asphalt track included, we could attreact the on-roaders too...
Who's game?

JR

Vintage Buggies...
RC10T3...
HPI RS4 Micro...
Mini-Z's...
XMods...
Old 01-13-2004, 01:52 AM
addicted2nitro

actually jrochelle if you dont mind traveling over to the trade zone in mt olive, there are a couple gravel pits off of waterloo road. giant fun dunes, or for onroad head over to the roxbury malls.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:03 PM
jrochelle

I'd like to check both of those out! What's the deal with the Roxbury Mall On-Road? Is there a specific day that people gather to race? or is it just a great big lot? The gravel pit sounds cool... my bro'in-law just got a savage and is looking for a good try-out area... Are there ever races there or just bashers...?
Thanks for the info!
JR
Old 01-13-2004, 09:30 PM
addicted2nitro

theres no real organized event at the mall. its just a nice flat area. the police dept frowns on large gatherings, but i want to check at ccm when classes start to see if i can run in the open lots on the weekend. the gravel pits are called saxton falls gravel pit. its a fun dirt road with gravel and sand dunes. there is a track in jefferson by the middleschool. thats a little bit of a drive for you, but you might find it worth it. the only other place i run, is at intel in parsippany. its not open to the public though, but being security has its advantages
Old 01-14-2004, 06:02 PM
R/C car guy

what is the name if the track in jefferson? is there a hobby shop there too or is it just a track?

if you wouldn't mind could you go into more detail on where it is or is it actually right next to the midle school? i'm only about 15 minutes from jeffereson so it is great that there is a track there. i'm only 14 so i need to find places close by that my parents don't mind driving to.

what kind of racing do they do at the track?
Old 01-15-2004, 12:27 AM
addicted2nitro

http://www.dirtrunners.com/main.html
Old 01-27-2004, 02:36 AM
Combatcm
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: NJ

Addicted, you live in O burg? I can probably yell and you'd hear me. I live in sparta, on the franklin side. I've been to dirtrunners many times. I never raced, mainly because I'm the only one with an RC in this town and never wanted to participate alone. I bought a car from a guy in ogdensburg. I made a deal online with him, then he gave me his address and I was like I'll be over in 3 minutes. Was it you?

Oh yea, RC car guy, I pass hampton almost every day. I work at the shoprite in newton.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:16 PM
R/C car guy

Default RE: NJ

Combatcm

my brother works at the shoprite in newton. do you know someone named pete who has short red hair?
Old 01-28-2004, 07:35 PM
addicted2nitro

Default RE: RE: nj anyone???

hey.....nah i dont live in ogdensburg. i live in roxbury. i head up there especially during the warmer months and hang out at my uncles. he lives right across from the school. thats where ive run a little bit in recent months. if ya ever want to hook up and bash when it gets warmer drop me an email [email protected]... now all i have to do is find time between work and classes to get out and run.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:19 PM
Combatcm

I work with pete, stocking dairy practically every day. That's weird. Is pete into it? oh yea, what cars do you guys have? I've got a LX pro buggy, stampede, Mini T and a tamiya pajero. No real race cars, but I would like to get a shumacher fusion, 80+mph!
Old 01-30-2004, 03:54 PM
R/C car guy

i think he's been thinking about getting a street car. he had told me to pick one out for him and the HPI rs4 3 is what he's looking for. he hasn't gotten it yet but he probably will eventually. i have been trying to convince my mom to let me get my first real rc car. i've been looking into the ofna dominater. i'm looking for something off-road with speed, handling, and a decent amount of ground clearance, so a truggy was the way to go. and the dominater seemed like a popular one. so neither of us have a rc car but i will be getting one quite soon. if you wouldn't mind, maybe you could even help me with getting a hang of the basics in gas powered rc cars. like tuning the engine and just any tips you have.

you have probably seen the open lot across the street from home depot and the open space behind firestone by shoprite. they look like nice places to bash. have you driven your rc cars ther at all?

have you had any experiance or do you know anyone who has had an ofna dominater? not many people have it and it has been hard to get people's opinions and experiances with the truck.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:10 AM
Combatcm

The dominator is a racing monster truck. The word, "truggy" means that the car has 17mm hex wheels on a chassis that was built wide and flat and used mainly for a 1/8 buggy. So, It's basically the LX pro buggy I have with bigger tires, different body mounts and a few other things different. The stock truck RTR comes with all radio gear and Hyper .21 engine. The engine is known to be hard to tune. However, you can buy a kit without an engine for $100 less. I'll break it down

Dominator with hyper .21 $409.99 need radio

Dominator without engine $309.99 need engine and radio

Dominator RTR $459.99 need just fuel, it also has glow igniter

The dominator has some weak points, the spur gear is plastic, which will strip after a while. The diffs have been know to strip.

I'd get a used one on ebay, they will be used but they might be modified a lot with the new spur gear and such. Or get the RTR, it'll probably be fine for at least a gallon of fuel, which is a long time.

Being a nitro car they are very high maintenance and expensive. Let's see fuel, glow plug, fuel bottle, glowplugs. By the time it's good it'll be $50 more. You'll need replacement parts, the only way to get those is online, but that's the way I do it. If you play with it on average once a week, expect to pay at least $300 more to fix it over th course of a year. If all that was a turn off, there's always electric. Nitro 1/8 buggies are fun. You can get an RTR buggy for $100 less overall. If you have a job, I'd say go with the dominator. Go on www.OFNA.com and go on the forums there.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:08 PM
R/C car guy

do you know how good the radio is with the rtr dominater?

i'm actually still deciding on whether or not i want to get a gas powered rc car yet. i'm only 14 so i have to save my money to get a real car. i need to see if i can get a decent job so i have money for a gas rc car. already have like $700 so i have enough to get the rc car. i just don't want to end up spending tons of money on the hobby. i guess i'll have enough money as long as i don't do stupid stuff that will break the rc car and as long as i stick with just one of them for now.

you said that i'd have to order all the stuff. there is a hobby shop in parsippany and two others but forget exactly where they are. but they are in resonable driving distance.

the rtr dominater is only $400 at hobbytron.net. and it comes with a 2 speed transmision
Old 01-31-2004, 06:51 PM
Combatcm

If you like it I say stick with it. The radio is an airtronics blazer, a good sport radio. Don't rely on hobby shops for car specific accessories, the kenvil one doesn't stock anything ofna. I've never been to any other though. For $400 I say get it as soon as possible. Things will break, but you can replace them with things that won't ever break. The steering servo is a bit weak, but it works if you don't race. The spur gear might strip, but a metal one will fix that. Gears might strip, but they too can be replaced with better one. If you get it soon, you'll hate snow, you won't be able to run it anywhere. Although when a monster truck is going 50mph down the road it is pretty awesome. My buggy topped 45mph when I had an engine in it. I have a GPS, so you just throw in on top and pray you don't crash the car. I just ordered some new stuff, so my buggy will be ready in a week or two. The engine I'm getting is an XTM 24.7. People say it's reliable and that's all I care about. If it doesn't start it can't go anywhere.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:49 AM
Combatcm

Default Hobbytown in newton!

I think there is going to be a hobbytown opening up in newton!

http://www.hobbytown.com/zcl/index.h...ate=&zip=07871

I'm going to call them later and see what it's about.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:05 PM
Chris08527

I'm in Chester... may consider going down to jackson for racing, but it seems this central/northern NJ area is really lacking a good race/bash area... I think a few of us should join up to create a real track... team up with a hobby shop and stir up some interest... If there was an asphalt track included, we could attreact the on-roaders too...
Who's game?

JR

JROCHELLE

that is exactly what we are in jackson a "real" track and we have a club member who started his own hobby shop business and runs it out of a motorhome that he parks at the track on race days and practice nights

we have an on-road track that hosted the ROAR Reg. 2 Nitro Touring Car Championships this past fall!!!

have you checked out the site or the track pics

check them out

http://www.jacksonrcracing.com/onroadpics.htm

or drop a post in our forum

http://www.jacksonrcracing.com/forum/index.php

hope to see you in the pits or at one of upcoming meetings

Chris08527
JRC
Old 03-01-2004, 12:43 AM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

a good local site is www.joiseymaxx.com kinda slow and crappy design, but local guys on there. im in staten island so jersey is like 5 miles from me.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:32 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

hey R/C car guy, i have a savage now and i wanna race or bash with someone. i live in summit. i am 14.
Old 03-18-2004, 04:04 PM
SqueedilySpooch

i live in somerset county I'm also looking for places to bash and race.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.