Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

staten island new york

Old 03-01-2004, 12:41 AM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default staten island new york

right near the outter bridge crossing (ny side) there is a park and ride for public transportation. in the warm months (may+?) we meet there on sunday morning at like 8-9am and set up a track using fire hose as a barrier.
about ten of show up so bring crystals or prepare to sit. we have certain channels claimed so make sure you ask before you plop ride and go.

its cool a bunch of local guys and even the hobby shop owner is there to giev "some" advice. i mean he is there to play too so you know.

i went to New Dorp grad in 93
Old 03-01-2004, 12:46 AM
joes75

Default RE: staten island new york

Im confused about the crystals part. I know those have to do with frequencies and stuff so many people can run at once with no problems..Where do I get them and are they difficult to install? I went to tottenville and grad in 93. Ive been reading alot about rc's as much as I can. How long have you been in RC'?..I even did some hopups to my car (threaded shocks, mip cvds, CF shock towers, titanium turnbuckles) and couple other little things like motorsaver air filter and fuel filter.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:53 AM
packfan88

ive been doign this serioulsy for like 4 years. got a hell of a lot of money invested in it and be prepared for that with the crew we run with. i can tkeep up with them guys, so dont worry too much about it.

crystals are specifically what channel your on.27mhz has 6 different channels and 75 mhz has 30 different channels. so if you have a 27mhz band radio, lets say you have channel 1 (27.xxx) and when you go to the track if someone else in on that channel you bring back up crystals on like channel 2 (27.xxx) that way you can both run.

what radio you use?am or fm?
Old 03-01-2004, 12:55 AM
joes75

Yes I can see this hobby takes alot of time and money. lol..My trans is the airtronics blazer tx-2, I think its FM? Wait I just checked tower and it says it AM..Do you have aol by any chance? The money doesnt bother me, I just need more knowledge. You could have all the money at your disposal and its not gonna help you if you have no clue what you are doing in this hobby..lol...I just wanna have some fun and in the process learn some things..

Would these be the crystals I would need if my trans is AM?.[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LX0803**&P=7[/link]
Old 01-26-2009, 07:30 PM
SIRCC

new track on staten island.[link]http://sirclegion.com[/link]
Old 04-13-2012, 02:23 AM
averagechimp

April 2012 - Is anyone in Staten Island New York doing any bashing?   I live in Bloomingdale and usually go to the Park and Ride off of the Richmond Parkway.  I'm wondering if there is anyone out on SI that is getting together to just hang out and bash.  The Staten Island Modelers Club is all about the flyers, but where is the club for the bashers? I'm a weekend warrior and try to get out of the house on Saturdays and Sundays for a little while when i don't have kiddie responsibilities or over time.  Somebody besides me is buying cars and trucks at Brownies!  If anyone is interested email me at [email protected].
Old 04-19-2012, 11:52 AM
imxlr8ed

Ever check out Action RC Speedway? Awesome group of racers there!

Here's the thread for their club on MZR:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showth...ghlight=action