Community
Search
Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

New Track in Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 04:21 PM
Losidude_2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Track in Vegas

What was the name of the new track in vegas?
Old 07-21-2004, 11:15 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Track in Vegas

The "new" track? Would that be the one that opened, then moved, then closed? Did "it" reopen? Or do you simply mean one of the many that have been open for some time. What type of track are you looking for? Offroad, onroad, indoor, outdoor?
Old 07-21-2004, 10:55 PM
Losidude_2

On road for 1/10 scale. Outdoor and Indoor. I know danseys has a track but...its currently a mini-z track.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:08 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

The RCP Track at Danseys is actually on top of an Ozite track and half of it is still used for Mini-Ts, Micro RS4s, and so on. Prior to the installation of the RCP Track, they used to run 1/12th and 1/10th scale at Danseys.

There is both an outdoor-onroad and an outdoor-offroad track in Henderson near the Silver Bowl--behind the soccer fields. There was another indoor track but it opened, closed, moved, opened, and the last I knew closed.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:12 PM
Losidude_2

i wish the could put the 1/10 scale track back.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:09 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Just go race at the outdoor track or purchase a Mini-Z and race inside. Hardly anyone ever showed up for indoor carpet--I have a Yokomo YRX-12WE sitting along with an Ofna fully automatic tire truer. Now it pretty much collects dust under the Radio Shack Corvette C5-R body I put on it. I also need to replace a ball cap sometime down the road since I did some experimenting with some of the parts, but there is no hurry that's for sure.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:55 PM
scrapheep

Got any more info on the track in Henderson?
Going to be in Vegas for the last week in Aug...visiting inlaws... thinking I need to ship a toy out there for a day of escape
Old 08-04-2004, 10:41 AM
Losidude_2

I think there is an oval near boulder city.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:19 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

scrapheep,
What kind of information? There are two tracks in Henderson behind the soccer fields near the football stadium (mentioned earlier): one onroad and one offroad. Visit the following forum http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/backtalk/abalone/begin and check out the "Club" subforums for "4Aces" and "Raceworld". Both are Las Vegas R/C clubs. If you can't link in that way, just try rc-racing.com (Starting Grid Magazine), then forums, and pick a format.

Losidude_2,
The oval in Boulder City is a 1/4 scale track-the type that run on a gas/oil mix. It seems like I recall one of your posts on another thread not realizing there are such R/C cars. There is going to be what should be a good size QSAC race there in early October.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:18 AM
scrapheep

Tigger, thanks for the link.
Looking for offroad action, I currently race 1/8 buggy and monster truck, trying to decide which one to take on vacation.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:18 AM
Losidude_2

Lol, i zoomed in on the track with a sattalite aerial shot on a website, the track are nice.
Old 08-05-2004, 12:55 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

scrapheep,

Danseys also has an offroad 1/8th scale track and if you break something, the hobby store is across the street unlike if you use the Henderson track. http://www.danseys.com

Losidude,

The QSAC track is very nice. You should try to make the race. I'll probably be there for at least part of the race, but it will depend on the Hobby Visions Convention (10/7-10/10) which begins the day after the Las Vegas Supernationals begin practice and qualification. A few others from out-of-state also plan to attend both the QSAC race and/or the public portion of the convention (10/9-10/10), so we are going to try and race Kyosho Mini-Zs that Saturday night.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Losidude_2

I went to hobby visions last year. So they have it every year.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

I wouldn't say every year since Comdex was cancelled this year--anything can happen.

Here is the HobbyVision-Las Vegas link:
http://www.hobbyvisions.com

Here is a QSAC link which has information about the Las Vegas Supernationals and track on the site:
http://www.qsac.org

An older Boulder City track link with older photos before the outdoor lights and grandstands.
http://snowbirdnationals.com/kimbrough.htm

4Aces Racing Onroad club link
http://www.4acesracing.com/

Sandy Valley offroad Outer Limits Raceway
http://www.outerlimitsraceway.com/

And Danseys again
http://www.danseys.com/

There used to be several other websites but when I checked just now, those websites are down.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:13 AM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok................new to vegas and looking to race some electric 1/10 onroad and/or some 1/12th............been to Danseys, not impressed with the race facilities...........been to the silverbowl but not when races where going on.........

I've seen there are 2 clubs.............I'm just looking for some competition...........Who has the best and most racers on a given nite?

[email protected] (if you want to get together and race!)
Old 08-23-2004, 09:54 AM
Losidude_2

ORIGINAL: sweetpea01

Ok................new to vegas and looking to race some electric 1/10 onroad and/or some 1/12th............been to Danseys, not impressed with the race facilities...........been to the silverbowl but not when races where going on.........

I've seen there are 2 clubs.............I'm just looking for some competition...........Who has the best and most racers on a given nite?

[email protected] (if you want to get together and race!)
Well, im in your same position, 1/10 scale onroad cars, danseys currently have an rcp track for mini-z and i want to drive at silver bowl and practice, if they even have it, thats all i know. But hobbytown usa and hobbypeople have parking lot races all the time.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:34 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Default RE: Vegas Racing

Danseys used to run indoor on-road 1/10th and 1/12th scale RC, but only around three or four people would show up so the owners put the RCP Track over part of the ozite carpet when the opportunity arose for the Mini-Z-Cup. Before that it was indoor off-road until the dirt track was constructed across the street.

The thing about Las Vegas is that when it's 110F outside, many of the racers want to run inside. However, most prefer to run outside for 9-10 months of the year which is not very good for an indoor track. I've heard lots of BS about how some wish Danseys would put dirt back inside yet the dirt has been outside and across the street for over one year yet these same RC'rs didn't know that. I've heard the same thing about indoor on-road yet those same people never showed up to race.

If you guys want to run at on the tracks at the Silverbowl, check out the local race clubs. I've been out there on the weekends and for some of the major events like the HPI Challenge and Paris race though I've never driven any of my cars there. During the major events, I've met a few nice people. However, I prefer not to get involved in the local circles and arguments as found on RC-Racing.com. I posted that link earlier in Post No. 9.

It's my understanding that there was a parking lot race Saturday night near Sahara and Rainbow. At first I thought about going after I finished running my 1/8th scale nitro buggy at Danseys off-road track, but I just didn't feel like it afterwards by the time 9:00 pm rolled around.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:41 PM
sweetpea01

Default RE: Vegas Racing

Well some one let me know when the next Silver bowl race is...........and or a parking lot race (address).............so I can at least attend and meet some fellow RC'ers and find a place to hang out...........I've got no interest in the Mini Z stuff. I do love carpet, but I thought the Dansey track was a little small even for 1/12th.

Thanks in Advance
Old 08-23-2004, 08:16 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

If you really want to race, you should check the links I provided above.

Night Races: August 28, 2004 & September 11, 2004.
Fall Classic In Memory of Ron Paris: October 21-24, 2004.
http://www.4acesracing.com
Old 08-23-2004, 10:27 PM
spooner

sweetpea01..hi...well i called hobby people friday night and thier next race (parking lot) is sept. 3...not sure what time but if you call them i'm sure they would let you know...thats the sahara & decator store....good luck ..
Old 08-24-2004, 12:16 AM
sweetpea01

Thanks guys.............I'll try to at least attend to watch, if not race.

I haven't raced onroad in about 1 yr.........been racing mostly 1/8 scale. But I prefer onroad
Old 08-25-2004, 11:50 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

If you just want to watch onroad and if you want to watch something different, try to make the 1/4 scale race in Boulder City, Nevada on October 6-9. They just had one race August 14-15. There is also another race scheduled for November 13.

http://www.qsac.org/schedules/west/wds.html
Old 08-26-2004, 01:08 AM
sweetpea01

Thanks for the links..................I traveled around to all the hobby shops today............

Looks like racing happens on the 28th at the silverbowl.........then next friday the 3rd at Hobbytown and the 4th at the silver bowl

and then again oct 2nd......Oct 9 silver bowl.

All different clubs running the same track I guess.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:25 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: sweetpea01
All different clubs running the same track I guess.
That's why some of the people within the separate clubs appear to be bickering online with each other over the Henderson tracks.
Old 08-28-2004, 12:45 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

By the way, I noticed a couple of new members on the "other" forum. One who hasn't called.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.