RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

Middle Georgians wanted

Old 08-30-2005, 11:06 AM
46u

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Middle Georgians wanted

Yes I all ready decided I would go up 41 instead of the I75. It probably will be a couple more weeks as I am waiting for it to cool down a little. Do they have any tables or shade there? I am just getting really old!

I have never run my nitro trucks on a track just bash in my yard. Matter of fact I have never bashed with others. I am looking forward to playing on the track and meeting others in this hobby. I do not really have a race worthy trucks just some great bashers. Wish they had a 4 wheel drive out law stadium truck class or let me run with the monster trucks as I just ordered a OS .18 TZ for my HPI MT.

Will drop you a line when I plain on going up that way. Yes I bid on ebay not sure right off with what sellers. I all so sell on ebay but not many RC parts under my seller name vld35. I mostly sell old motorcycle parts and toy steam engines.

Looking forward to meeting you. Do you ever come to Macon?
Old 08-30-2005, 01:54 PM
46u

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: cman9toes

ps Have you been bibbing on half8's on ebay? Me too
I am sorry when you said half8 it did not register till now! Yes if I can get a mini inferno cheap I would like to have one. I hope one day to have a full size one as well. If I have the time to make it up to the Rod Slinger track like I want to I will need a good race vehicle and from what I have seen they are one of the best.

Will PM you when I get ready to go to the track.

Old 08-30-2005, 06:14 PM
cman9toes

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've never raced either. I bash my revo out in the yard, but want to start going to the track for fun. They have no tables or shade. There is a solid tree line on the opposing side of the track from the drivers stand that will cast a shadow. The track is nice but every thing else is non existant.

As far as classes go I think they have a newbie class that is "run what you brung." It's a $5 entry fee and for fun.

I'll try not to bid on the same mini inferni as you.
Hope to see you at the track in the near future.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:40 PM
46u

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Do you use the same name on ebay as you do here? If so I will try not to bid against you if not what is your ebay user name?
Later
Old 08-30-2005, 08:33 PM
REVOJoe

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey, about the guy in Griffin,
I think I know the guy that owns it, Rod. Is he a car/truck painter from a couple years past?I work in Griffin 2 days a week, will have to check it out. I think the shop he opened off Mt Zion Road closed up, if it's the same dude. Where exactally in Griffin is he???? on 19/41 just north of town in the old shop from a couple years ago or somewhere else?
Thanks, Joe
Old 08-30-2005, 09:45 PM
46u

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

From what I understand from the Rod Slinger form the guy that owns it he’s name is Mark and he use to own a hobby shop. On the Rod Slinger web site it has a map. It is between Williamson and Zebulon. Here is the form and track web site, which is all so listed above.

Track web site.
http://www.boyztoyzrc.com/

And here it the track form web site.
http://wademcgee.proboards61.com/ind...ead=1124952727

Old 08-31-2005, 06:40 AM
REVOJoe

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I work in Griffin every other Thursday, go right by there on my route. I will load up my trucks and have a loooooooooooooooooooooooong lunch there. I am so happy to have found this info, thanks. Joe
Old 09-01-2005, 08:30 PM
REVOJoe

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I ran there today ( in Griffin) and had a ball. I had a hard time finding the place, it is exactally 2.2 miles from the 3 way stop which is actually a 4 way stop. Turn beside the house into someones driveway, go past their house and follow the signs in front of another house around back into to parking field.
There is a nice drivers stand, and a fun track to run on. I brought out my REVO and my mammoth ST. There are no benches to set up on, but it is still a great place to jump and play. I ran for about an hour and had to get back to work, will probably gor there every 2 weeks for an hour or so. Don't forget to leave the $5 which is more than fair.
Joe
Old 09-01-2005, 09:27 PM
46u

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: REVOJoe

I ran there today ( in Griffin) and had a ball. I had a hard time finding the place, it is exactally 2.2 miles from the 3 way stop which is actually a 4 way stop. Turn beside the house into someones driveway, go past their house and follow the signs in front of another house around back into to parking field.
There is a nice drivers stand, and a fun track to run on. I brought out my REVO and my mammoth ST. There are no benches to set up on, but it is still a great place to jump and play. I ran for about an hour and had to get back to work, will probably gor there every 2 weeks for an hour or so. Don't forget to leave the $5 which is more than fair.
Joe
Hope to be up there in the next couple of weeks and spend the whole day. I will make sure I leave at least $5 and may be more. I will all so take me a small table and chair so in case I have to repair something. I will take all so all 3 of my trucks and if I break something I just drive another truck. Hope we meet up one day.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:09 AM
BooBoo1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello 46u and other rc racers.
Rodslinger is a great been there a bunch. I also race at Loganville it is a new track small, but a blast to race on. Rodslinger has big pro and money races that draw huge crowds a couple of times a year and now they are trying to build a bigger local crowd for weekend races.
My rc habits consist of 3 revos,2 tc3s, 1mugen mtx, all nitro and 1 electric buggy. I also live in Griffin and would love to see the rc crowd at Rodslinger grow.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:55 AM
cman9toes

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A land mark to let you know that you are almost to the driveway, ( if coming from Hiway 362?/Williamson) is a little Veggie Stand on the right side. If coming from 19 and you see the produce stand, then turn around you just missed it.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:56 AM
46u

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello BooBoo1 and welcome to the form. I have not been to Rod Slinger track yet but as you can see I am doing all I can to promote it. But I will be up there to play in the next week or two and I am going to try and make the big race on the 10th. Will not be racing but I will try to make it to check out the race.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:17 AM
BooBoo1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

We planned to race at the Loganville Trophy race, but with gas prices we may race at Rodslinger on the 10th. As far as during the week I work until 4 mon to fri so if do any pratice it is normally around 5 when we get to the track.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:21 AM
46u

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I hope one day to race but right now all 3 of my trucks are set up for bashing and I need a lot of practice, as I have never run them on a track. The closes thing I have to a race truck there is not a class at the Rod Slinger track. Wondering if they would let me run my 4-wheel drive stadium truck with the monster trucks? Just got an OS .18 TZ and I think if my driving skills are any good I could be competitive. The TZ is one awesome engine!!! Has more HP then any other small block out there!

Would all so like to get more people to take part in the Rod Slinger track form.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:38 AM
BooBoo1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

From what I understand that starting the 10 they will run a beginners class and you run what you brung. The entry fee will be 5 bucks. They want count laps gut you will get track exprience.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:07 PM
46u

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That is what I read but I still would like to get a little tack time before I make to big of a fool of my self. Might just have to take a day and go up next week and play! Is the track hard pack or loose? Right now I have an OS .15 CV-RX in my 4 wheel drive stadium, which does pretty good. It will be a little while before I put the TZ in, as I have to beef up more of the drive train and get a different exhaust header.

Really looking forward to running on a track and meeting people in the hobby!
Old 09-02-2005, 12:31 PM
BooBoo1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Most time pretty much hard packed little loose in some place around edge of turns.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:48 PM
BooBoo1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Went to Rodslinger today track was very dry and a little loose. Track needed a little water on and it would have been fine.Made some pretty good laps but was also pledged with mechanical troubles too. My partner has engine problems and I just need to dial my truck in a little more. Oh well we have until Saturday, I think we will be ready.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:30 PM
46u

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I am sure they put some water on it for the races. Still hope to make it up there before Saturday to run some. Race or not race I am still going to do all I can to make it up there for the race. I have another post I would like to put on Rod Slinger form but I do not sure if they mind all the post. It has to do with RC. I am really trying to help them out. See you up there Saturday. I will be the one with long gray hair in a ponytail with glasses. Do they charge for spectators or do you know? [8D]
Old 09-05-2005, 05:47 PM
BooBoo1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

No charge for to watch races.
Ok look us up will be driving a white G.M.C. van pulling a white cargo trailer that we call the track shack. I plan to get to the track about 8:30 so I can get a good spot close to the track.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:21 PM
46u

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I will be in my old 1990 blue Olds or if I do not race and am by myself I will be on a big red Harley with the radio going.
Later
Old 09-05-2005, 08:47 PM
fastest_ntc3

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Can someone list all of the onroad tracks in Georgia?
Old 09-05-2005, 09:39 PM
46u

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: fastest_ntc3

Can someone list all of the onroad tracks in Georgia?
Use this site to help. There is a concert oval near the Macon airport. Unfortunately they do not do off road any more.

http://www.rccaraction.com/info/rctrack_srch.asp

Old 09-06-2005, 02:31 PM
fastest_ntc3

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Someone should build a track in Gwinnett County.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:02 PM
46u

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: fastest_ntc3

Someone should build a track in Gwinnett County.
Go for it. I think there are tracks closer to you then I?

Search this Thread