Community
Search
Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

Middle Georgians wanted

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 07:37 AM
willchao

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Middle Georgians wanted

Your description is exactly what I saw with that MTSS18 last weekend. I think you will get a lot of fishtailing anytime you nail it. Most guys I see will "pulse" the throttle near turns/corners and will gradually "squeeze" the trigger to get to WOT on the straights. I rarely see anyone nailing the throttle, not even "hooked-up" buggies.

I've been running 2wd stadium trucks, so what you described is considered normal. Working on controlling the throttle will make you a smoother driver. Springs/diff/tire adjustments may help, but the biggest factor is driving, IMO.

I live near Turner Field (ATL), and do try to run somewhere everyweekend, but most Saturdays are committed to league-tennis.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:07 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: BooBoo1

Alright glad you made it to the track. It a lot diffent from just back yard bashing don't you think. My best advise is to ease on the throttle each time and try not to oversteer. I know that may sound easy but it ant. I still catch myself doing it. Rodslinger I think is a great track to learn on because to me it is very tricky. From the drivers stand your depth perception until you get adjusted to it will play tricks on you. ( does that make sense).
Anyway glad you had fun and come back soon.
THIS R.C. HOBBY THANG IS ADDICTING ANT IT.
Do you know if they are going to still have the endurance race? I do not thing I will make that. My daughter is home from school this weekend and I am thinking about riding my motorcycle up to see the club races. She might ride with me. Since I will not be racing my motorcycle gets much better gas mileage then my old car. Yes I will be back and one day I will be racing but for now I want to practice a little more. Yes track is MUCH different then bashing and much more interesting. Any one can bash but you have to build skills to race.

Once I get where I can run my MT Racier in the beginners class I will work on my trucks for the 2 wheel stadium and monster trucks.

Old 09-09-2005, 04:20 PM
BooBoo1

As far as I know they will have the endurance race. I planning on being at the track around 8:30. The rest of my guys will come in later in the day. Club race should start around 3pm. My friend blew an engine last week so I loned him one and we installed it today but want get to dial it in until tommorrow. 46U if your daughter is like mine she will love racing too. Mine has a Nitro Ntc3 and A Revo truck of her own and she is a pretty good racer.
At Loganinville a girl named Stepaine beats all the guys in the novice class and she only looks to be about 13 or 14 years old.
Anyway i hope we have a big turn out and a great day of fun. We are not quite up to speed yet but we raced it til we break it. :-)
Old 09-09-2005, 05:31 PM
46u

When I talked to Bill yesterday he said they only had two teams sighed up and one of them had to pull out. Looks like I will be by my shelf my daughter has made other planes with her friends. I am looking forward to meeting others. I am hoping to make it up there one day next week to practice and try several other set ups so on the next race day I might run the beginners class.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:38 PM
REVOJoe

fastedt_ntc3, I live right by you. I live just down the way from the Kroger shopping center with the Fronterra mex rest in it. Once you get a truck look me up, maybe we can bash together sometime.
Joe
Old 09-10-2005, 10:15 PM
BooBoo1

We had a great day of racing at Rodsliner today. Had around 20 Monster trucks and about that many buggies. Weather was great. If I had any more fun I don't know if I could stand it.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:06 PM
46u

Sorry I missed it!!!!!! Had to work on my daughter’s car. Glade you had so many show up. Did they have the endurance race? All so did they have a beginners and stadium truck class? I did get time to work on my MT Racer and hope to make it back up there this week and next week so I might be able to run in the beginners class if they have it on the 24th.
BooBoo1 are you running stock tires on your Revo?
Old 09-11-2005, 03:51 AM
BooBoo1

Yes had four teams in the endurance race and it with very well.
The beginners class folks decided at the last minite to just go ahead and race so they junped right in a did great.
46U I am running Stadium Max tires. They are a soft spike tire. Go to Tower hobbies and you cas see them on the Traxxas SM truck in the picture. I got mine on ebay for arond $25.00 for all four new.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:39 AM
46u

Booboo1 I am making some big chances on my HPI MT Racer that I think will help. I am sure I will still have to learn how to use the throttle on the tack. I ordered a set of these
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXDT95

All so there are springs in between my differential spider gears to increase traction. This is an option I put in to get more traction on grass for bashing and seems too much for the track. I took the ones out of the rear hopping instead of getting more push from the rear I will get more pull on the front.

I am all so going to go up one tooth on my clutch bell to cut down on the torque. I know a lot of it will have to do with working the throttle correctly but I think the changes will help. I hope to make it back up to the track this week but will not have all this done, as I am not sure if all the parts will be here.

Hope to be running the 24th. How many people where in the beginners class this past weekend?

I all so how do I get in touch with Mark as I was wanting to get his permission to print up a couple of fliers on the track to see if I could get the local hobby shop to post them.
As you know I am doing all I can to promote the track. Just wish it was a little closer to me.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:40 PM
cman9toes

I'm sure Mark won't mind about the Flyer. That's how I found about the track. THere is a Flyer at the hobby shop in Stockbridge.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:09 PM
BooBoo1

46U I think 3 folks showed up for beginers, but they all decided to go ahead and race with us.
Those tires look like they might work.
Maybe you could come this Sat or Sun . I have a couple sets of spike tires that I will let you try a few laps and see if you like them. The tires I am having good results with now are soft compound and very light. I also have a set of hard compound that my partner says he likes better but they heavy.
I do not have a phone number for Mark but he is (Rodslinger) on the Forum. He was so happy Sat. because we had a good turn out.
I say pass the word the more people the better the races.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:23 PM
46u

Thanks Booboo1 but the truck I am working is called a MT but is really a 4 wheel drive stadium truck. I have never figured out why HPI called it a MT. So the wheels and tiers you have will not work. I do have a Monster truck a Savage but with out a lot of changes is only good for bashing.

So you are planning to go to the track next weekend? May be I can make it up there when you are there. Let me know and tanks for all the help. Next time I am up there I will try to talk to Mark.

Here is a picture couple of my MT Racer. I am painting a new body right now as my white one in the pictures is all-beat up. I have done a lot of changes since the picture with the body on it. I still run the white one on the track till I get better at driving.
Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55217.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	322843   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94390.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	322844  
Old 09-11-2005, 06:58 PM
i_like_f150s

Hello Everyone!

Just found this thread. It's nice to see so much interest in "middle Georgia" R/C racing. A group of us were at Rodslingers yesterday. Three from Columbus, two from LaGrange, and one from Opelika, AL. Only one of us (Mike from LaGrange) make the MT A-Main. THere was some good racing.

Just to let you know, we have a small off-road track in Columbus behine the HobbyTown in the Columbus Park Shopping Center on Veterans Parkway. The usual schedule is off-road on the first and third Saturdays of the month, and on-road on the second and fourth Sundays. Start time is around 1:00PM. Race fee is $5.00
Old 09-11-2005, 07:26 PM
BooBoo1

Phil Bone is tht you, it was good to see you guys at Rodslinger.
If we come to Columbus how easy can I get my trailer in and out.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:34 PM
i_like_f150s

Yeah, it's me! Who are you?

There's usually engough room in the parking lot. One of two regulars have trailers. You might want to get there early (10:30 or so) to get a good spot.

I forgot to mention the classes: 1/10th 2WD (nitro and electric), MT (all kinds), and mini (Mini-T, RC18T). Three or more of the same vehicle types are needed to make a race.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:22 PM
BooBoo1

Phil this is Donnie Helms I met you Rodslinger I think a while back and also race with you at Loganvile. I drive the blue and sliver revo truck. Click on my name then look at my photos you will recognize my truck.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:34 AM
willchao

ORIGINAL: BooBoo1

I am running Stadium Max tires. They are a soft spike tire. Go to Tower hobbies and you cas see them on the Traxxas SM truck in the picture. I got mine on ebay for arond $25.00 for all four new.
BooBoo, Does the sporttraxx tire fit on the stock Revo rims? I think I read somewhere they needed to be cut to fit? I ordered the traxxas Response tires, but was wondering about your tires. What about the PL 40-series. Do those rims have the correct offset for Revos? I understand that they will add 1/2 inch to each side in width?
Old 09-13-2005, 11:21 AM
46u

This are the wheels I have for my Savage but have not installed them yet. I am running these inserts but think they will be to hard for the track but with out doing a whole lot to the Savage sure is not a race truck like the Revo.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBAT1&P=7
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVL81&P=0
Old 09-13-2005, 12:25 PM
BooBoo1

46U I think I said sportmax when I meant to say stadiummax. The stadium max rims and tires are what I am running. I got them off ebay. I am not sure how to add links or post pictures or I would. But look on Tower hobbies at the Stadium max truck and parts. Also go to www.Amainhobbies.com that have a very good slection of tires that will fix revo rims. My friend just got a new set of molded foams soft compound tires panther I think along with his new os 18 engine today. (He is gona try and big dog me now).
Old 09-13-2005, 12:40 PM
willchao

Also go to www.Amainhobbies.com that have a very good slection of tires that will fix revo rims.
Nice site, pretty good selection. I like how all the tire are labeled "Revo" if it fits.

I just went to my LHS today at lunch, and if they don't get their act together, I'll be ordering EVERYTHING online from now on.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:00 PM
46u

Booboo1 to add a picture under the last post and page information there is a tab on the left that says post reply. Click on it and under the box to post a reply it says upload files. Hope this makes sense and helps?

My new tries for my MT Racer should be here tomorrow according to the UPS web site. Is any one going to the track this week to practice and if so what day?
[8D]
Old 09-13-2005, 01:03 PM
willchao

Sundays for me!
Old 09-13-2005, 01:39 PM
BooBoo1

We plan on going to the Rodlinger track around 10am Sat. morning to test for a couple hours.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:04 AM
BooBoo1

I know I spelled Rodslinger wrong, but man yall must have went to sleep.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:29 PM
willchao

Not asleep, just waiting for the weekend. Going to be out at Rodslingers from 10 until noon. I would have liked to make it out to race on 9/24, but things are not working out. Maybe next time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.