Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 206 of 210 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208 ... LastLast
Results 5,126 to 5,150 of 5234

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

I was out playing today on my track with my newly electric converted losis. I think I need to turn the power down considering the truggy kept pulling wheelies lmao.
    Centralvaraceclub.com -AE RC8.2E-AE RC8T CE-HB D8TE-JQ/Tekno V4-TLR 8B 2.0-TLR 8T 2.0-TLR SCTE

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I guess that that attachment would eat up a buggy or two before you even knew it!! But I'll bet you couldn't make it roll or flip end for end!! Hope that you are doing better Mike, it sounds like you have had a rough 6 months or so.

Yep, those electrics can put the power down that is for sure!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah I'm never going back to nitro. I'm sticking with brushless 1/8 and short courses. I have a castle sct system in my blitz and on 2S that runs pretty good too.
    Centralvaraceclub.com -AE RC8.2E-AE RC8T CE-HB D8TE-JQ/Tekno V4-TLR 8B 2.0-TLR 8T 2.0-TLR SCTE

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well im on vacation for a week. i just needed a break. went out today and shot a couple hundred rounds. with another new toy i picked up bullets are still cheaper than fuel, but like both, when there gone, there gone..... i might even try to run a pack or two this week on my track. i think i still know how to drive.........not sure though.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Scott.....it sounded like you were/are in need of some time off! Enjoy the time off you earned it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: trackman

well im on vacation for a week. i just needed a break. went out today and shot a couple hundred rounds. with another new toy i picked up bullets are still cheaper than fuel, but like both, when there gone, there gone..... i might even try to run a pack or two this week on my track. i think i still know how to drive.........not sure though.

With all the nice weather we've been having you should definitely take advantage of it. I can't believe it's January and we are having 65 degree days.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah too bad im still fighting this cold. but i did just get thru with rolling the track,its in decent shape other than a lot of rocks. now it will rain wednsday and look like crap again. i should run a pack now, but dont have the energy.....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My track has some rocks in it too. I was raking on it last week trying to clear some of them up. I think when spring hits I'm just gonna bring in a bunch more clay and coat the whole track with clean dirt. I know a guy locally that sifts his dirt so you get clean dirt.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So how many guys up your way still have electric 1/8 buggy/truggys?

Paul is building an Associated rc8be now. He just finished a brand new JQ with the tekno conversion and never ran it and listed it for sale. If I didn't already have 3 1/8's I would buy his jq. And he's converting his tamiya truggy to brushless as well so he will have both a buggy and truggy that's brushless to play around with. We will come up and visit you to play on the track some once winter is over I'm sure.

Sup all, Matt checkin in, looking to possibly do some racing at the tiltyard this year. [8D] I'm looking at a new setup, possibly a Mugen MBX6R outfitted with a Werks B5 engine with my 777 as a backup. Yea, I know electrics have made plenty of gains over the past couple of years, but it just doesn't seem the same. Maybe I like all the extra variables lol..and perhaps I'll update my T4 this year as well...
    !...|_uV m; Yk02h0...!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Alpharaptor

Sup all, Matt checkin in, looking to possibly do some racing at the tiltyard this year. [8D] I'm looking at a new setup, possibly a Mugen MBX6R outfitted with a Werks B5 engine with my 777 as a backup. Yea, I know electrics have made plenty of gains over the past couple of years, but it just doesn't seem the same. Maybe I like all the extra variables lol..and perhaps I'll update my T4 this year as well...

I'm doing good how about you? I haven't talked to any of ya'll in such a while. I think this year we should all hang out more.

I'm planning on racing electrics at Homer's big Tekin World Championship in September with Paul. We are going up a few times before then to get some good practice time in on his track. We are new to the whole electric scene and they do drive different than nitro. But I think they drive better than nitro. You can be as smooth or as out of control as you want lol. They have massive power compared to ANY nitro I've owned. No tuning, no mess, no stink, no $40 a gallon fuel, etc... A $25 5,000mah 4S lipo will get you 15-20 minutes run time. I'm loving them so far. I'm never going back to nitro.

If you wanna get up and hit up some of Homer's races with me and Paul let us know later this year. I think he is running electrics at every race he has.

ORIGINAL: Losiracer4life

I'm doing good how about you? I haven't talked to any of ya'll in such a while. I think this year we should all hang out more.

I'm planning on racing electrics at Homer's big Tekin World Championship in September with Paul. We are going up a few times before then to get some good practice time in on his track. We are new to the whole electric scene and they do drive different than nitro. But I think they drive better than nitro. You can be as smooth or as out of control as you want lol. They have massive power compared to ANY nitro I've owned. No tuning, no mess, no stink, no $40 a gallon fuel, etc... A $25 5,000mah 4S lipo will get you 15-20 minutes run time. I'm loving them so far. I'm never going back to nitro.

If you wanna get up and hit up some of Homer's races with me and Paul let us know later this year. I think he is running electrics at every race he has.
    I'm doing great, been working in Elkton over the past 8 months and loving it. [8D]

I experienced the power of brushless motors paired with a li-po a few years ago, and I agree, its much faster than nitro. 100%Tq throughout the RPM range is the definition of smooth, I'd imagine they are even faster now lol. But that's the thing, I kinda like the tuning, noise and grit which goes along with nitro... Last time I checked Homer still holds regular nitro powered 1/8th scale buggy races, is that correct? What is the race schedule like in-season?
    !...|_uV m; Yk02h0...!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Losiracer4life

I'm doing great, been working in Elkton over the past 8 months and loving it. [8D]

I experienced the power of brushless motors paired with a li-po a few years ago, and I agree, its much faster than nitro. 100%Tq throughout the RPM range is the definition of smooth, I'd imagine they are even faster now lol. But that's the thing, I kinda like the tuning, noise and grit which goes along with nitro... Last time I checked Homer still holds regular nitro powered 1/8th scale buggy races, is that correct? What is the race schedule like in-season?

Yeah he'll never do away with nitro. I don't think he's put up all his races yet on a schedule. I might be wrong. I haven't checked his site.

I understand what you mean about all the other things associated with nitro. I lost all hearing in my left ear a few months ago breaking in an engine. I was revving it real high a few times on the box and suddenly I got dizzy headed. Woke up the next two mornings puking. Went to the ENT and found out I ruptured the nerves from my ear to my brain. Had a brain MRI last week that confirmed I'm permanently deaf in my left ear and the damage is so bad they can't do a thing about it. Kinda sad how something I've done for years now all of a sudden ruins my hearing. That was my reason for switching to electrics. I will NEVER run another nitro due to my ear incident. It truly sucks only having one ear to hear out of but I'm gradually getting used to it...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Losiracer4life wow man that sucks about your hearing.
    ya with the prices that things are now brushless just can't be beat.

i'm looking to get back into rc again. just not sure which way to go 1/5 or another brushless slash.
    either way i'll be back running something in the next couple months.
    BARREL ROLL\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'S ARE INEVITABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    signed C.C.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: fourwheels0

Losiracer4life wow man that sucks about your hearing.
    ya with the prices that things are now brushless just can't be beat.

i'm looking to get back into rc again. just not sure which way to go 1/5 or another brushless slash.
    either way i'll be back running something in the next couple months.

Yeah I had a brain mri done a couple weeks ago just to make sure I didn't have any blood clots going to my brain. And thankfully it came back clear. The doctor was worried that a blood clot had caused my nerves to rupture and not the truggy engine. I told him I had been running rcs my whole life and was used to the exact same noise that I was around the day I lost my hearing. So that made him think I had a blood clot that ruptured the nerves.

Oh well. I have one good ear left thankfully and I'm getting used to having no hearing from my other. I know I'm going to avoid being close to nitro rcs now that this has happened. I'm only buying electrics from here on out.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Scott in the spring would you be willing to come down here and redo my track for me? I will have plenty of dirt and a skid steer here and a compactor and a roller you pull behind a mower. Paul said you would be the man to get to do it after you did such a good job at coolwell years ago.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Darn double post.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

new truck should be here wednesday.

http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/105231/
    signed C.C.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey if anyone wants to run at a top notch indoor blue groove hard clay NO dust track check this track out:

http://carolinasrcracers.com/forum_t...-greensboro-nc

Me and Paul are going to make some trips down there. They are in greensboro. They run year round on wednesdays and saturdays and will run anything electric. NO nitros allowed. They have heat and ac and also food on site.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well here's the new 5sc.
    everything looks good so far with a quick once over.
    the dog bones are huge. hopefully they hold up.
    it's on charge now and i'll go over everything while it's charging.
    i plan on spraying the underside of the body before it ever gets run lol.
    hopefully it can get run in tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ay75158.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	1730418   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dy79624.jpg 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	1730419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mr41016.jpg 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	1730420   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zt52307.jpg 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	1730421  
    signed C.C.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WOW ==== looks nice Mike!! Are those mud flaps behind the rear wheels? Looks like a ton of fun!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey joel
    yup those are mud flaps. kinda chessy but it's suppossed to look just like a real short course truck.

it's the same as the 5t but has some hop ups done to it like bigger drive axles,diff cups,e-clip mod for the front hubs,new front and rear bumpers,new wheels and tires and new style body.

i'm about to go break it in shortly.

signed C.C.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

1 tank done 3-4 more to go lol.

signed C.C.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

love the mud flaps!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

mike it looks way too clean! you can do better, i have faith. 12.30 at night and im still at work, gotta love salary![:-] maybe i can go home tommorrow night. we will see......

sure matt, be glad to help if i can find the time. dont have time to get online like i used too. ill try to get up with you in a month or two.