Community
Search
Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

Charlottesville Racers Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 02:00 AM
dockman2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charlottesville Racers Thread

Figured since there are some of us on here we could start a thread of our own. We might even get "Bill the Fish Dude" out of hiding since he comes on here.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:17 AM
Booyah

Default RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Dude, I grew up in charlottesville for 18 years! Parents still live there. Is there an off road track there now?
Old 05-19-2005, 07:40 AM
SManMTB

Checking in.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:01 AM
dockman2

Well its a track my buddy and I started at his house about 5-6yrs ago. It was a really small track that we ran electrics on. Over time its gotten bigger and bigger and now we race 1/8th scales on it. Its about 155ft long X 60ft wide. Its kind of become a club track and we usually have about 10-15 buggies on race day. One of the guys just built a new track in Ruckersville that is much bigger. Its about 200-250ft long and 80-100ft wide.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:03 AM
Booyah

Cool, Im coming home in Aug. with my Buggy as I was plning on going to the tiltyard to play or race. Have you been there yet? Its in Dayton,VA
Old 05-20-2005, 07:36 AM
maxximum_overdrive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey guys, i've moved away now but i grew up in waynesboro(just across the mountain). but its always great to hear from people in va. yeah i've been there with my electric stadium, but not since i got into nitro. hopefully i'm going to get to come home this summer, and i'm planning to bring all my rc stuff with so maybe i can hook up with you guys and tear some s**t up. about where in the "ville" is the track? not that an about would help since i know almost nother aboout c'ville. my brother went to UVA so i kinda know the campus, but other than that......... anyway as i said its always great to hear from people back home, so lets try ot keep this thread current.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:50 AM
dockman2

We used to go to the Tilyard a lot. Homer is a cool dude and builds a great track. I havent been in a while since the 1.5hr drive is a pain and we have a track so close.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:56 AM
dockman2

The track we run at now is about 6miles north of Chville just past the Airport on Rt29. The new track that one of the guys just built is about another 8-9 miles north on Rt29 in Greene County.
Everyone is more than welcome to come and hang out with us.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:56 PM
dockman2

Well for those that couldnt make it Sunday you missed some great racing. Dave had some problems but still had his best qualifying laps so far. Miss Amanda made the Amain and if Im not mistaken this was only her second race. Us old guys are going to have to watch out for this young lady.
Some of the best racing all day was between the two young guys, Eddie and Lil'Stampy! They battled through the qualifiers and the Amain with Lil'Stampy coming out ahead to finish 2nd. Scott had problems in both qualifiers so was stuck in the bottom of the Bmain. He pulled out a big win to bump up to the Amain. Then he walked away from them to win the Amain.
It was a great day for racing and I think everyone had a good time.
Looks like next Saturday we will be working on the new track at Waynes and if everything goes as planned we will be racing there. Hope to see everyone there.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:09 PM
SManMTB

I'm most likely there.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:51 AM
dockman2

Chris I hope you can make it this weekend. You missed some good racing. Is your buggy back up and running?
Old 05-24-2005, 02:43 AM
SManMTB

Almost. Just need to put the new steering knuckle in. I soldered a few 6V packs from the batteries I had. Should be great with 2300mAh @ 6V.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:22 AM
dockman2

Glad to here you will be up and running. Should be interesting to see what happens on the new track at Waynes.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:54 PM
octospider0

ORIGINAL: dockman2

We might even get "Bill the Fish Dude" out of hiding since he comes on here.

Im here, just lurking as usual.

will be good to run on a bigger track, looking forwad to it
Old 05-26-2005, 12:40 AM
dockman2

Well Bill is back. Waynes track is more open so you will have less things to hit. Problem is you will be going faster so when you do you will break more of those pivot balls. I might have to sell you one of my Jammin's. The C-hub holds up better.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:55 AM
dockman2

Hey Chris, What plug have you been running in your OS21RG?
Old 05-26-2005, 03:07 PM
Super_Dave

Hey just checkin in someone came into Stampy's talking about your threads dock and figured I'd sign up too. Maybe help me on where we race at every weekend too.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:12 PM
Super_Dave

I drove on Waynes track after the A Main last sunday its pretty easy except for that one crossover jump. Its nothing special in my opinion but racing should get pretty intresting around those long corners. I still only have a 14T clutch bell gear with this M26 if anyone has a 15T they don't mind selling I'd appreciate that.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:18 PM
SManMTB

ORIGINAL: dockman2

Hey Chris, What plug have you been running in your OS21RG?

Usually OS #8. I think it comes with a #5 and that works fine too.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:52 PM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey docman2 it was me that talked to little stampy about this thread. can you pm me about where the new track is. i think it's real close to my house but i'm not sure. i would like to check it out this weekend. thank's again mike
Old 05-27-2005, 12:06 AM
dockman2

The RG came with a #8 that I didnt know was in the box until after reading your post. Thanks Chris.

Dave, glad to see you found the thread. Do you know who was talking about the thread at Stampys? Maybe they will post on here.
The layout may seem easy on Waynes track but it get really fast when your running against other buggies and ups the difficulty level. I came up with the layout. They wanted big, fast, and something different from Scotts track. It will give us a a change of pace. Im waiting to see how a buggy handles from one track to the other. Scott is talking about setting up one buggy for his track and then another for Waynes. I might do the same or not. I want to see how this new Xray is going to do first. Ive got it ready to go. I just have to do the motor breakin this weekend and get a feel for it. Then I will start looking at any setup changes I need or want to make.
If the driver stand is ready we will be racing at Waynes on Sunday so everyone pass the word out.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:18 AM
dockman2

Good timing Mike. Sorry I havent got back to you. Im at work all the time.

Waynes track is north on Rt29 about a mile or two past Rt33. You make a right on Rt609 (I think and anyone correct me if Im wrong). Then go 2.7miles and there is a gravel road on the left. I cant remember the Rt or street name. Maybe Joel or Chris can remember. Once you make the left the track is only about 100yards or so on the left. You will see the drivers stand about 10 ft in the air.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:26 AM
octospider0

im not breaking or bending any more pivot balls, tired of that $(*&% !

see ya Sunday

i was suppose to go see Scott tomorrow at 3 and we'd go over to Wayne's so he could show me how to get there but the "honey do" list is kickin my ass so guess i have to meet up on Sunday
Old 05-27-2005, 09:59 AM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey docman2 thanks for the directions. that track is not that far from me. i'll see you this weekend.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:59 AM
Super_Dave

Well I talked to Eddie Thursday and he said they can't race at Waynes this weekend. Of corse thats only Eddies word but I guess well find out when the day comes. I don't have Waynes number so i think someone should call and find out. As far as handling difference between Waynes and Scotts my buggy did fine accept for the low end gearing. I had no problem even oversteering at full throttle around any of the corners accept when it closes in on the cross over and after. The track was really smooth when I was there last weekend I'm not sure if it changed but my buggy never got bounced around at all. I'm sure those high speeds help push that wing to the ground though too. If we do go to Waynes Eddie and me used my truck to step on the get up to the driver stand if there isn't a ladder or anything. I'm sure we'll figure something out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.