Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

Ohio, Pa and Wv bashers?

Old 01-21-2006, 09:02 PM
etc1006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ohio, Pa and Wv bashers?

For awhile AAA was all up here for tags. Then they had the state police for licenseing. Or goto Moundsville. We now have a new DMV here in Weirton, but they're not sure if they are going to do inspections up here of not, and the motorcycle safety course. Sounds like a huge waste of $ for the building they just built if they are only going to do the bare minimun. They even have a garage for the inspectors to use/store the bikes. The people in there hardly know what they're doing (even moreso than down there)...
I gave up on AAA when I first moved here and was trying to transfer the title/tags . Everytime I went back I had to get something else... Different story each time. I've got a 92 Harley Fat Boy, had it since 94. Hell, its an antique by todays standards with everybody buying the neatest and newest all the time. I spent today tracking down an oil leak I've had since I bought it. I spent too much time last winter/spring cleaning it up to let that damn leak spoil it (again). I have to get a new front tire, so next will be high polishing the front wheel, I did the rear last winter.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:25 PM
johnnyhottebox

down here in the southern part of west virginia there are a few of us nitro junkies. i myself just recently got into rc but have been interested for sometime. through the coaxing of one of my coworkers i picked up my t-maxx and haven't looked back yet. for the most part there are a lot of people interested in aircraft rc moreso than on/off road. there is one good local shop located in princeton, wv, and a couple more in surrounding areas including apex hobbies and gizmos, which features a track behind the shop. hoping to hear from anyone else who may be from the princeton or surrounding areas. also, i must agree, if you're not breakin it, you're not drivin it.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:29 PM
polyophio
My Feedback: (7)

Got to love those Harley oil leaks. LOL I haven't rode a a Harley in 12 years. I never got into them (street bikes that is). I like trying to go places that you shouldn't be going. Update on Fultons. I was there the other day and he was telling me that there building a off-road track at there flying field. It is 80% finished. I'm heading out there this weekend to check it out. I'll let you know anymore info I find out. It will be nice to have a track that is only a 15 min. drive.

Johnny: There are some people from down south that are members here, just look around. I think theres a topic about southren WV on here. When your tired of breaking your T-Maxx, go buy a Savage and you will do more bashing then fixing. I know from experience. I get down to the Charleston area about 4 or 5 times a year. I have in-laws there. Next time I go down maybe we can hook up and do some running.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:48 PM
etc1006

Well, it is a 92, so I can't expect it to remain perfect. We did see a new 06 Street Glide... WOW! was all we could say (and a few other things we cant mention here LOL!) I got a call from the press place above the airport today for an interview. Figures, I don't have a vehicle on a regular basis right now and they call... I'll see what they have to say tomorrow. 2 weeks of dayturn/2weeks nightturn schedule, off weekends. Overtime is there. Doesn't sound too bad. Plus I be going by Hobby Town on a regular basis. Maybe that 'Pede will be something for the groundhog or easter bunny to run from! Maybe if all turns out cool on the 14th with the car we can hook up for a little while and check out that track.
Johnny, yeah I do remember seeing some posts from someone more southerly than us. Can't remember their name, though.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:10 AM
polyophio

I hope the interview goes well. Yeah I'm really courious to see this track. The last so called off-road track that he ran was just a little dirt oval over in Flushing, Ohio. I hope that this one will be a real off-road track. Fulton has been selling a lot of nitro so maybe it will be a good track. If not it's still nice to have a track that is local to run on. Just let me know when your heading down this way and I'll see what's going on for that day.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:24 PM
etc1006

I gotoffered the job. Now I have to do the drug test and orientation stuff. Now just gotta get the car stuff straightened out. LIke I said maybe a 'Pede will be chasing the easter bunny around... Was temped to stop in Hobbby Town today on my way home...
Old 01-27-2006, 04:46 PM
polyophio

That's awesome! Congrats on the new job. I hope it's something that you will enjoy doing. Nothing worse then haveing a job you don't like to do. The drug test won't present a problem will it? LOL....It's imposible for me to drive past a hobby shop. I almost always stop in just to look around. I'm going to pick up a couple of Rustlers for my boys within the next couple of weeks. I finally got the Clod to a drivable state. I just need to get a few thing's for it to be finished. The Savage is in need of a new tranny. I guess it's time for the 3 speed conversion. That's all I need is more speed.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:55 PM
etc1006

Problem is if I went to the hobby shop I mighta gotten in trouble. I've got $ for a Rusty or 'Pede. The only grip I have is you can't get just the truck or a kit... The money I have is earmarked for the car(insurance, etc), still little over 2 weeks to go for that.... The job thing is like this, if you don't like it, you were looking for a job when you went there. Life is too short to work a crappy job and be miserable all the time.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:09 PM
polyophio

ORIGINAL: etc1006

The job thing is like this, if you don't like it, you were looking for a job when you went there. Life is too short to work a crappy job and be miserable all the time.
Ain't that the truth.[sm=lol.gif] Well then you better stay away from the hobby shops for a while. At least untill you start haveing rc withdrawls. It is hard to go to a hobby shop and not spend some cash. Kinda like this rc crawling. That bug has bite me bad. I get on RcCrawler.com at least 2 times a day to see whats up. I should get my camera back this week. I'll get some pics of it up on here and over at RCC.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:28 PM
etc1006

I passed my drug test today, orientation Friday, start Monday. I'm going to borrow a car my buddy has til the SHO is ready... I finally got the left front brake beeder off it. Had to break out the real torch, not the mini butane one... Now maybe I can get the brakes to the firmness I like!
Old 02-03-2006, 11:04 PM
d2cs2mdw
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

If anyone that live's close to Columbus, let me know so we can get together, maybe have a barbeque or something while we are at it, pm me if anyone is intrested...
Old 02-06-2006, 02:09 PM
polyophio

Well that's good. Glad to hear you passed. Well this week has been crappy. Wednesday night my wife hit a deer with her Bonneville. She wasn't hurt but, the deer got it bad. It got ran over by a rig going about 60, needless to say it was pretty gross. It goes in the shop tomorrow. Here's some pics of the damage. $3100.00 in damage.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55429.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	403093   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81428.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	403094  
Old 02-06-2006, 10:37 PM
etc1006

Ouch, good to hear shes okay! I hit a few deer when I drove a semi, ain't much you can do.... I prolly wont have the SHO on the road for work next week... It looks like AAA screwed up AGAIN.... My buddy got a letter from the stat of Pa about something with the VIN. Then saturday he get a letter from AAA with the check he wrote 2 weeks ago for the title and a note from the state stating that the check wasn't neccessary... I told him AAA checked the same damn box that they did last time... I think I'm gonna see how much he wants for the loaner Geo Prizm he gave me til this is cleared up. If he mails the title in the next day or so, I can have it all in my name in a day up here. Arrgh!
Old 02-08-2006, 09:10 AM
polyophio

Man that stinks. I don't think someone wants you to have that SHO. lol I hope that everything works out for you soon. You might have to go down there and do some butt kicked to get things moving in the right direction. Well I have got the Clod all painted and put back together. I'm just waiting on Fultons to get my new esc in. I can't wait. I still need a few things to make it the way I want it. But for now it will do just fine. Here's some pics.

Name:	Vt58708.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	267.4 KB
ID:	404244   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz80891.jpg
Size:	273.5 KB
ID:	404245   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90652.jpg
Size:	287.1 KB
ID:	404246   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vo37195.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	253.6 KB
ID:	404247   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tf49602.jpg
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	404248  
Old 02-08-2006, 11:06 PM
etc1006

My buddy had to goto his state rep. today to get it all straightened out. I bought the Prizm, neat little zippy car. I'm going up his place saturday to get the title so I can do all the paperwork for it here Mon or Tues. WOW your truck looks great ! What did you use for the frame? Got some serious articulation on them axles. Not much on the Chevy body, though. I'm more of a Ford nut! Man I need to get a new rc... I wonder if Hobby Town has Layaway? I could stop each Friday and pay on it...
Old 02-09-2006, 05:10 PM
polyophio

Well that's good to hear. I hope all goes well with the inspection. Don't worry the Chevy body was for mock up. I'm getting Pro-lines Ford F 650 body.[sm=thumbup.gif] The Chevy is off my buddies T-maxx. I made the chassis and battery tray out of 1/2" aluminum angle and 1" wide aluminum strapping. The links are made from 6/32 all thread rod covered by 1/4" brake line for add strength and t-maxx rod ends. On a 30degree ramp with having a 14" wheel base it pulls a RTI score of 1071.5. From what I understand that's pretty good. As soon as I get this one all done I have a TLT from Tamiya that's is going to be done in scale. It's getting a Parma Ford Bronco body. I'm going to do it up like my real Bronco. You need to check out [link]http://www.rccrawler.com[/link] or [link]http://www.scale4x4rc.us[/link]. I am going nuts with this scale stuff. I going to do a few scale off-roaders.

Old 02-11-2006, 03:20 PM
etc1006

I had to goto the "Burgh today to get the paperwork for the Prizm up at my buddies house. Then I went Harbor Freight Tools by Century III Mall to return the Coleman "Cold Heat" soldering iron I bought there a couple of weeks ago. What a piece of garbage. It didn't solder sh*t! I got a full size 2 1/4 ton jack they had on sale. Got one of theose 1 Million candlepower flashlights (wait till the dog sees this)and a set of impact sockets on sale. Then I had to stop at Hobby Town.... They do have lay-away... 25% down, need to pay at least every other week... Hmm, I might be doin' a lay-away with my first real paycheck. I keep watching used Stampedes and Rustlers and I might as well buy a new one for the prices bid up to/being asked. I really don't need it RTR, but oh, well...
Old 02-20-2006, 12:44 PM
polyophio

I always wonder how good those cold heat soldering tools worked. Glad I didn't buy one. lol Well did you put something on lay-away yet? I just ordered a whole bunch of stuff for my tlt project. I finally got a body for the clod. No ford, I found a Jeep body at Browns when I went up there friday. Looks pretty cool. The wheel base is off a little. I think it looks like a mud bogger. [sm=thumbup.gif] Yeah it's hard to find a roller Rustler or Stampede. My buddy Nathan just put a brushles setup in his Rustler. Man is that thing fast. Wasn't worth 220 bucks though.

You get anything accomplished with the SHO? I hope you get that thing on the road soon. Driving that Geo has to be hard for a Ford guy. lol Oh, when I was at Browns he said that there going to start running 2wd stadium truck class. He had a few show up a couple of weeks ago. He said they did really well on the big track. I'm might get the new Raven st from SportWerks racing. Seems pretty nice right out of the box. Well I gots to go to work for at least a few hours. Cya later.

Name:	Ca81774.jpg
Size:	253.5 KB
ID:	412070   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70762.jpg
Size:	260.6 KB
ID:	412071   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr41861.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	278.5 KB
ID:	412072   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rl24653.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	245.7 KB
ID:	412073  
Old 02-25-2006, 03:05 AM
etc1006

Hey, been on night turn this week. No nothing yet on the SHO... He's gonna hit up his state rep again next week. The Geo is definetly a work beater, great gas mileage. I'd take the SHO on the Saturday half days once ina awhile. The new job is "okay", its just a big assembly line for various breadpans and their components for the baking industry. Definetly not a be all, end all of jobs. Will pay the bills for now. Like I said before I was lookin' when I went there...[8D] Haven't done a lay-away yet, gotta catch up on some bills first. They screwed up my first paycheck to boot! I'm off all weekend, I'll post back later, going to bed now. Yes its 3 am....
Old 02-25-2006, 11:22 AM
polyophio

3 am. thats early. You know what. Every job I ever had screwed up my first paycheck. If memory serves me. I hate that. Well at least your getting the bills paid. Thats all that matters. Well I need to go for now. I'll get back here later.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:28 PM
etc1006

My buddy just sent an email, and the SHO title showed up finally! Now I just have to figure out a way to get the time to go down for the inspection w/out pissing off the new job.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:05 PM
polyophio

Pissing off the new job would be bad. It figures now you get the title. Jsut lie and tell them you got an apointment. lol Well I hope you get it on the road soon. I'm going to browns tomorrow with a buddy. I'm going to try and go up this Saturday to run around on the track.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:48 PM
etc1006

Well now this is fun. Thursday morning I cut myself real bad at work. Right through the glove and all... Stiches in my left index finger. Really sucks... I took the rest of the day off. Friday I could only handle it til noon. Was way too sore from the pressure of the glove on my hand and bandage. They have cheap ass chinese gloves and are too small for my hand. It took all I could to get the hand in there... I called off today, hopefully they don't try to enforce the 3 days during probation and terminated deal.... If so I may have to remind them the injury is workmans comp. I couldn't do my job 100% due to my injury, and there isn't any "light duty" so to speak for my hand situation. So there wasn't any real reson for me to go in today...
Old 03-06-2006, 05:08 PM
polyophio

Oh that sucks. Was it your beat off hand? lol Just kidding. At least you didn't do any damage to any tendons in your finger. I was just suggesting that you lie to get time off to get the title work done. lol I didn't mean cut your finger off. lol I hope that all goes well with work. That would suck if they try to let you go. But then again you could sue them if they did. Did the doctor give you any recommended time off?
Old 03-11-2006, 10:40 PM
etc1006

Nope luckily it wasn't my primary hand Things there just aren't going as they said either. I've been actively looking for about 2 weeks now. Even if I wasn't sick or injured I still wouldn't have gotten a full paycheck with the O/T they said... This week was going good til Thursday. Sent home at 11. Saturdays we work 5-12, so today I got up @ 3 (an hour earlier than normal for daylight) Sent home @ 7... So I didn't get any O/T this week at all... Some of the folk who have been there haven't seen that in their time there...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.