Community
Search
Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

Vallejo california??

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 10:12 PM
A.J..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vallejo california??

To tell you the truth, servos are really not in my department and dont know much about. I never replaced mine so I never looked into it. But I have hear the hs series are good. Go to the Mini section of rcu for help. They will better assist you in that department
Old 11-01-2006, 01:47 AM
rc_guy707

Thanks for the help and advice A.J.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:50 AM
A.J..

No problem
Old 11-04-2006, 09:50 AM
mountain_of_cheese

I'm in Fremont and my buddy is in Hayward and we both have Savage X's and always looking to bash. We have a few other friends scattered around the bay area that might be down also, probably about 8 of us total.

Here's the stuff i know about in my area:

Fremont there is club with a dirt track and model airplane runway. I haven't been there myself, but I think it's around south Fremont in a large lot that is owned by BART. They have a nice track, but it isn't free and you have to be a member. Here's a YouTube of the track.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uk14GChTXXs
http://www.baysidercclub.com/

On evenings, I forget which day but people have been gathering at the Sunnyvale Orchard Supply Hardware (OSH) to bash and race all types of cars and trucks.

There's a bash spot in Berkeley that I hear is pretty good. I haven't been there myself, but it's basically a dirt construction site at University and Frontage road where people have been getting together on the weekends. Here's an old post from www.Bashingspots.com, but as of recently, people are still going there.

Berkeley Marina Berkeley , CA View
Corner of University and Frontage Rd.
Berkeley , CA 94710

Its a big wide open space. Sunday's at 9am is the place to be. With good weather, expect to find about 6 or so monster trucks.

for more info, call up Boss Robot Hobby Shop in berkeley: www.bossrobot.com

Contact Info:
- [email protected]

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?rem...A94710&Pyt=map

Every once in a while HobbyTown USA in Fremont sponsors a weekend onroad racing competition in the south east corner of the Fremont Hub parking lot, near Target. They construct a track, work benches, bleacher (i think), etc. If you're looking for fuel, a gallon of the O'donnell 20% nitro racing is around $20 there.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:25 AM
A.J..

Thanks man for looking out.

Some of those places you listed I never heard of. I find it quite sad we dont have something official to go to. Like a respectable place to go to that has good tracks for all types of racers and bashers. I visit fremont quite often because my aunt lives up there. I know of bay sider rc club but its more a flying feild then anything else. There off-road track is somewhat of a joke IMO.

Well its good to see there are other bashers and racers in the bay
Old 01-13-2007, 04:24 PM
mountain_of_cheese

There's a place I've been meaning to check out on Mission Blvd. in Union City that I've only driven by a few times. It's in a big lot next to a auto repair shop on Mission blvd. and Nursery Ave. and it looks like someone has built some dirt ramps and a sort of track. If anyone is in the area and has more info, please post.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93766.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	597023  
Old 01-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Monster Flip

i just moved here in Cali...i live in San Leandro now and Im also looking for bashmates [8D] i run monster trucks though. but also thinkin of getting a mini for the indoor track.

Any of you go to NORCAL HOBBIES?
Old 01-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Monster Flip

Here's a pic of the track/hobby shop in union city (NORCALHOBBIES) ...

they run 1/10 electric and 1/18 indoors. and they're bulding an off road track that should be ready in 3 months.
they have an on road track outside too for nitro.

Run All Day for 10 bucks. or $5/2hrs pretty nice eh?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34658.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	605953   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hd94682.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	605954   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch95598.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	605955  
Old 01-28-2007, 12:54 AM
mountain_of_cheese

Never heard of Norcal hobbies until now. I'll have to check out that place one day. My friends and I all have nitro trucks also; about 8 of us spread out around the bay and Tracy area. We try to get together between work, family and kids, which isn't often (so far not once with all 8 of us together) but we have something like 3 Savage X, 2 Savage LE, 1 Savage 25, 1 Tmaxx, and some ofna buggies.

If anyone knows of a good place around the bay to bash, maybe we can plan an informal bay bash gathering.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:21 AM
Monster Flip

im breaking in my motor tomorrow (saturday) once its broken in, we all should set up a Weekend Bash somewhere...is there a park where we could go? San Leandro Marina?
Old 02-07-2007, 10:16 PM
mountain_of_cheese

Might have to check out the marina first. They're are a lot of open space, but rangers and cops might kick us out. See if there are any good places with sand to bash in. If you're around that area, can you take a look around?
Old 04-20-2007, 12:36 PM
A.J..

I'm back in the game guys. I'm bumping up the thread to see how many racers are in our area. Currently working on getting a new Associated T4. I've got a new brushless setup thats killer and want to put it into use. Anyways, how have you guys been? Sorry been out for a while and havent kept in touch. I just sold my mini and looking to get back into the 1/10 scale game. I'd love to meet up with you guys at a track or something so we could race or bash. Personally I'm more of a basher then a racer. But I'm up for a good race. Anyone like to drag race here?

Anyways hoping to hear from you guys. [8D]
Old 04-20-2007, 02:41 PM
seanucd2000
My Feedback: (1)

I don't do cars any more, but fly planes. Just saw a post that says vallejo, which is where I work at. There is an on-road track set up in the KMART parking lot in Fairfield off of North Texas near where I live. That's barely 20 minutes from Vallejo. Large group of people with a long trailer for a place to stand while racing, turn marshalls, etc. Seems to be a semi-serious race. People come with tents to work under and everything. It says R.O.C.K.S. on the side of the stand, not sure what that means. They are there every weekend when I drive by, or so it seems. Thought I would let you all know-
Old 04-20-2007, 02:55 PM
A.J..

Thanks for the info. I know that area pretty well and may drive down there to check it out. It's just too bad there isnt an off-road track in our area. []

Not really into on-road racing myself. I'm too restricted to surfaces I could drive on. [:'(]
Old 07-11-2008, 10:31 AM
iamman711

Today's my birthday and I wanted to fly my first RC airplane here in Vallejo. I know this is an RC car thread, but do you guys know where in and around Vallejo I can fly?
Old 09-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Chiefy707

ORIGINAL: A.J..

Finally someone in the bay

rc_guy707:

The only hobby shop in vallejo is vallejo nitro. Kinda small never been there and they do have a track for 1/10 scale on-roads. I wouldnt exactly buy from their hobbyshop because they are so freaking expensive [:@]

There is a hobbytown in vacaville and they have great rc support.

I go there along with another hobbytown in clayton. They are like 30min away from here though and thats from vallejo. From fairfeild could take you 45min to an hour. But they are the ULTIMATE hobby store I have been to. There store is huge and they carry EVERYTHING. No joke man they are the best. Its worth the drive if you need something quick and dont want to order it off the internet.

So what do you guys drive?
I don't know how you can even say Manny's is so freaking expensive. I would say they're pretty much reasonable. He pretty much price matches Tower so once you add in shipping, they're basically the same. Hobbytown in Vacaville (lately) isn't exactly overflowing with R/C goodness right now either. They're great if you run a Losi or Traxxas since that was all I saw. I have been to the Hobby town in Concord a while back and their shelves were definitely overflowing with R/C goodness, featuring more brands than just Losi or Traxxass. (Yes I spelled it that way on purpose.) Even then though, Hobbytown just reeks of Horizon Hobby.
Still, I'd much rather stick to VRC. Manny's a really cool dood when you get to know him or he gets to know you. Initially he or even "we" may treat 1st time customers as just that, 'customers'. When you become a familiar face you're definitely among friends. Barbecues, strippers, birthday parties, you name it we've done it. I can even smoke a Newport and drink a beer while I'm there. The VRC hobby shop is such a friendly environment it literally becomes a hangout.

iamman711, not really sure about any local flying fields for airplanes. I'm not so sure either about any civic ordinances saying you can't fly @ school fields or public parks. I do know people fly sailplanes on the hill between Columbus and Lake Herman Rd. Also, some of the VRC guys fly their helis @ Mare Island next to the old fire station.

Support you local LHS!
Old 09-22-2008, 11:57 PM
andrewtexas123

Im a going to the swap meet this weekend any one else?

http://www.rccountryhobbies.com/swapmeet.htm

Andrew
Old 10-01-2008, 01:29 AM
Chiefy707

Nitro sedan club racing @ Vallejo Nitro this sunday on the 5th. Call (707)642 6968 for more info.