Community
Search
Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

Vancouver Island Bashers?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 10:41 PM
jumpanddrop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vancouver Island Bashers?????

i live in port alberni,bc,canada and theres not alot of people with R/C's. just wondering if theres anyone out there whos lives around me and races/bash r/c. its always more fun with more that a couple of people. im also looking for a track. i havent seen any around here.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:36 AM
RCtruckRacer

Default RE: Vancouver Island Bashers?????

Dude, you live WAY out there! As far as I know the closest track to you is going to be in Vancouver - as in driving all the way to the Horseshoe Bay ferry and taking it across. I've not even heard of a track in the Victoria area. Plan on a vacation for August 7-11 and go to the RC Pro race here: [link]http://www.vmar.ca/modules/cjaycontent/index.php?id=3[/link]

Good Luck! That must be some really beautiful country you live in!
Old 03-06-2008, 01:39 AM
jumpanddrop

ORIGINAL: RCtruckRacer

Dude, you live WAY out there! As far as I know the closest track to you is going to be in Vancouver - as in driving all the way to the Horseshoe Bay ferry and taking it across. I've not even heard of a track in the Victoria area. Plan on a vacation for August 7-11 and go to the RC Pro race here: [link]http://www.vmar.ca/modules/cjaycontent/index.php?id=3[/link]

Good Luck! That must be some really beautiful country you live in!
lol, its interesting seeing someone from the states knowing about this place. ever come up here???
Old 03-06-2008, 10:34 AM
RCtruckRacer

Well, I've never been to your neck of the woods. But I have a wealthy uncle who owned a 1/2 million dollar yacht (sold it years ago) and I have been all around the strait of JDF with him and his family. I also love to travel as much as I can here in the PNW, so I am probably a bit more familiar than most.

How big is that town? Do you have any friends that have R/C's? Your best bet is going to be to try and form some sort of club. Hmm, did a quick search and found a hobby shop in Victoria. I know its got to be quite the drive to get there, but if you are going to form a club, you need a hobby shop to help support it. Its a reciprical relationship, the club will help support the LHS. Give these guys a call, heck someone else may be in the process of getting something together already![link]http://www.bcshaver.com/[/link] At the very least they will know of a spot or two where people go to bash.

Good Luck, and hope to see you in Vancouver for the RC Pro race!
Rob
Old 03-08-2008, 12:39 AM
jumpanddrop

ORIGINAL: RCtruckRacer

Well, I've never been to your neck of the woods. But I have a wealthy uncle who owned a 1/2 million dollar yacht (sold it years ago) and I have been all around the strait of JDF with him and his family. I also love to travel as much as I can here in the PNW, so I am probably a bit more familiar than most.

How big is that town? Do you have any friends that have R/C's? Your best bet is going to be to try and form some sort of club. Hmm, did a quick search and found a hobby shop in Victoria. I know its got to be quite the drive to get there, but if you are going to form a club, you need a hobby shop to help support it. Its a reciprical relationship, the club will help support the LHS. Give these guys a call, heck someone else may be in the process of getting something together already![link]http://www.bcshaver.com/[/link] At the very least they will know of a spot or two where people go to bash.

Good Luck, and hope to see you in Vancouver for the RC Pro race!
Rob
thanks for the tips. ill start looking around[8D][8D]
Old 06-22-2009, 08:29 PM
HRCules77
My Feedback: (4)

Maybe a little too long to reply but....I live in Qualicum Beach just off the Alberni hwy (20 mins from you) and I am planning on building a track for bashing within the next couple of months.
Also, you might know by now but Air-Ink has opened a 1/10 outdoor track (good for slash), a crawler track (not finished yet) and an indoor track. They are located on Hwy 4A right before Petmania. I hear talk of an 1/8 scale track that they are building elsewhere, however I have not seen it yet.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:32 AM
HRCules77
My Feedback: (4)

I have started building the track as of July 1: Happy Canada Day!