Community
Search
Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

RC IN PA!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Fudge
My Feedback: (104)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC IN PA!!

Hey I am moving to Exton, PA in the Philadelphia area for college, and was wondering what kind of action goes on there!!!
I have a Slash, and a Yokomo Drifter that I am bringing with me (in case any one cares) but am also looking into building a crawler on my free time from work, and studying!!
So LMk what that action is like, maybe I will have to sell something to get something else that I would be able to use, unless there is no one there, then I will have to run my slash with my bro (also has a slash)
Old 11-18-2008, 08:30 PM
westphill24

Default RE: RC IN PA!!

Theres a track in Audobon, but race season is over. Im looking for people to bash with so let me know if your up for bashing.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Fudge

yeah man what you got!!
I just bought a baja 5b clone, so yeah I'd be willing to bash some where!!
LMK
Old 12-21-2008, 08:10 PM
futureboy1969

Hey guys, I'm always on the traxxas mt. forums. I race at that track, It be longs to Hobby Hut. And man do I love to bash. Love to get together with some local bashers.
I'm in Quakertown. But not to far from Phila. or the H.H track. Let me now what u guys think.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:46 AM
Fudge

ORIGINAL: futureboy1969

Hey guys, I'm always on the traxxas mt. forums. I race at that track, It be longs to Hobby Hut. And man do I love to bash. Love to get together with some local bashers.
I'm in Quakertown. But not to far from Phila. or the H.H track. Let me now what u guys think.
yeah, I'm up for that, give me some time to fix my baja, cause the 1st tank out I broke it!!
LOL
took it muddling, and jumping at the field by the hobby hut track!!!
cost me $80 in parts, and a new radio system, but hey it was FUN!!!!!
Old 12-22-2008, 06:50 PM
futureboy1969

Hey fudge, my buddy has a 5b with the 30cc kit on it and some other cool mod. on it. It sick. He hasn't even run it yet, with the new mods.. He doesn't run his rc's in the cold wheather.
I would like it to warm up a bit first. Before I go bashen again. Between 30-40 is ok with me.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Fudge

yeah man sounds cool!!
just post here on this post, when you want to do it, my brother and me will bring our bajas!!
Old 12-22-2008, 09:08 PM
futureboy1969

Hey Fudge, I run 8th and 10th scale. hpi and traxxas.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Fudge

hey you don't need a 5th scale when we set up a bash dates all scales are welcome!!
it would be more fun that way!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:10 PM
gt2 man

heres a track i race at its in the back of the action hobby store in a parking lot its a dirt offroad track ,its located in langhorne pa.19047 right off of I95,im not sure if u guys race there on the thorhy race last year they had.the hobby store is closing but the track has a new owner so we will have a racing season this year from what i heard we are racing on friday nights and on sundays ,they are gone to do every other sunday so it doesnt effect hobby hut etc. theres gone to be a point series racing and a tag team race a hour long one sounds good. we race 1/8 buggy truggy monster truck 1/10 gas elec/truck slash which i think will have a big turn out for that class,they use amb transponster system.and the track has a big double in the middle of the track, 4 small doubles, 4 tabletops and the track is a perfect size for 1/8 and everthing else.il give u more info soon.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Fudge

ORIGINAL: gt2 man

heres a track i race at its in the back of the action hobby store in a parking lot its a dirt offroad track ,its located in langhorne pa.19047 right off of I95,im not sure if u guys race there on the thorhy race last year they had.the hobby store is closing but the track has a new owner so we will have a racing season this year from what i heard we are racing on friday nights and on sundays ,they are gone to do every other sunday so it doesnt effect hobby hut etc. theres gone to be a point series racing and a tag team race a hour long one sounds good. we race 1/8 buggy truggy monster truck 1/10 gas elec/truck slash which i think will have a big turn out for that class,they use amb transponster system.and the track has a big double in the middle of the track, 4 small doubles, 4 tabletops and the track is a perfect size for 1/8 and everthing else.il give u more info soon.
yeah let me know, I don't have anything to race, and actually never raced on a official track, but I think a slash would be cool especially since they are pretty cheap!!
LMK
what the rules are, and such, and I will definitely look into it!!
Hey it beats just chilling at home!!
LOL
Old 02-13-2009, 08:32 PM
gt2 man

i forgot to tell u its called outta control pa racetrack, the forum is action hobby.net but the website is for sale so we got a forum on rctech.net go to track locator and click on it it says action hobby=outta control pa racetrack u can ask another people if u have questions. of u never been on a racetrack u will like it when u racing with other guys we have a big drivers stand to so u have no problem seeing the track .the rules are pretty much bring what u have usless they changed it,but i know the slash class will be stock intill theres a good show up for them there proberty be a mod slash class.we dont do that roar rules crap that i never liked lol.where do u live at.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:09 PM
Fudge

I'm up in Pottstown, PA, but go to college (UTI) in exton!!!
Old 02-14-2009, 03:09 PM
gt2 man

u probertry have about a hour or less to langhorne the track of cdoes have a name banner yet but if u been to action hobby before u now where it is . what kind of buggy or truck do u have 1/8 is the most popular class. i think the season starts in april or may ,i let u know.me and the other guys will help u with your truck or buggy where not the kind of guys that will yell at u if u wreck us during the race but sometimes there are jerks but just ignore them thats what i do.i just focused on the race and my car.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:12 PM
gt2 man

the guys who show up are mostly nitro do u have a nitro or elec
Old 02-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Fudge

right now I have a rs4 (nitro i've run nitro for a while so either is cool, but I had to sell alot of my stuff (actually all of it) when I went to college, I thought I need the money turns out i don't and I have extra now, so i am getting back into the rc world!!
Old 02-14-2009, 09:00 PM
gt2 man

when was the last time u drived a r/c car cause now the techlogy is a lot better now they have elec brushless systems now so there is no brush motors u need to use anymore for racing cause its a lot easier to race elec now ,plus lipo batterys are coming around but not a whole lot of people run them at a track theres still some people who run nimh battery like i do. nitro has preety much been the same except there is now .28 engines now that usely are in 1/8 truggys but use .21 in buggy trust me .what kind of truck or buggy are u inrested in cause i would buy your stuff at www.amainhobbies.com or gshobby.com they have good prices.how much are u planning to spend ,do u want nitro or elec.i like nitro powerband a lot better cause it isnt instand power like elec.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Fudge

O don't worry it's not I i last drove a car years ago, I last drove a RC car well actually this morning my baja 5b (cause I sold it because it is TOO loud, and too big where where I live now)!!
But then I had a brushless tc3 (3 months ago) brushless black jack (boat though) this fall!!
I've only been out of rc for no more than 4 months!!
as far as what I like, I like the brushless (well electric in general) for their instant power, cleaner running, quieter!! But you cannot beat the sound and smell of nitro!!
and I am willing to spend up to (maybe a little more than, if necessary) $1000! Hopefully I wouldn't have to spend that much to get into racing, but I was looking at the associated buggies, and truggies, and those thing are getting up there!
What do you guys race more, I've heard some tracks don't even race electric cause there isn't much of a turn out for electric , so if that is the case at your track, I guess I'll go with nitro!!
Old 02-15-2009, 01:04 PM
gt2 man

we race nitro more in general a least thats who shows up but sometimes theres electric i do think though there will be a slash class i think people will show up with them.im gone to race 1/8 buggy and slash or nitro truck 2wd. i woundnt get a associated rc8 thats just me though i seen guys who had them and they are fragile they are supposed to come out with a newer rc8,i seen prently of them brake maybe its the driver though. i got a losi eight on sale for $297 at associated and losi warehouse, they do have a rtr eight thats is $350 or so but the servos that come with it arent that good so i would defley get a servo that has a least 145 or more torque for braking and steering u can get a ace diginal servo for about 80 or so dollars and they are good servos. i got a eight because a lot of guys at our track have them and there tough jump good and they are light.me and the other guys can help u out if u have problems with it. buggys are easy to drive and they jump good. i would get the eight kit cause the parts are better but u have to have the electrics al ready. i would look on amainhobbies.com and serch around for cheaper prices.i like sensored brushless systems for off road dont get unsensored brushless system trust me. u deafly have to use brake on brusless or drake brake cause they just keep on rolling.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:01 PM
Fudge

K thanx I'll check them out do you guys race truggies?
Also what do you think of X-ray, I had thier buggy, and truggy, I liked those!!
LMK
also r there any drift or crawling clubs around?
cause i have an ax-10, and and drifting looks cool, I'd like to check it out (tried it and sucked at drifting though, I guess I need more practice)!!!

But when does your race season start?
Old 02-15-2009, 07:39 PM
gt2 man

truggys are good i think we will have a better showup for them this year , i drove a losi eight t they drive a lot diffrent than a buggy u have to say on the power going in the turns with them cause if u dont they feel like they arent going anywhere but i do like how long the wheelbase is they are very stable and u can go in the turns faster,they jump i say kind of like a revo or something similar even though they are really a buggy. one thing i dont like though is how much the tires are for them there like 6 dollars more for them unmounted and for pregluded ones are like $38.00 for a pair but i think there is online hobby stores that sell them cheaper ,buggy tires are about $23.00 dollars a pair for unmounted ones and premounded are like $32.00 a pair . but the tires last pretty long on our track are track is mixed with clay and loose dirt . i would remmond like medium soft cause soft one will not last and the meduim soft grip pretty good . we use proline crimefighters and holeshots,step pins work good when the track is really moist. xray buggys and truggys are pretty good theres a guy that comes to our track every other week from new york that has one and they look good and tough ,i heard they drive like a losi eight or better and u can get parts for it online , but the parts for it isnt actually cheap onlike the losi eights. i think the season is gone to start in sometime and april or may i dont know yet il give u more information later on i havnt heard the owner of the track yet . but i know where gone race on friday nights and every other sunday i dont know the time yet when the race starts ,but i think the track will be open for practice on wendnesdays ,and on satudays they do have a plan for something.i dont think there is any drifting tracks anywhere.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:23 PM
TheKaiman

Check out Hobby Headquarters in Drums,PA. The track is real nice. The owner has put a lot of time and effort into it. Their website is not 100% yet but they are getting there. Racing is supposed to start the beginning of April. Classes will include 1/8 scale buggy and truggy and possibly an SC8 and a MT class as well. Check them out at www.hhqrctrackpa.com I will post more info if I get any.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:12 PM
devo208

hello all pa. racers, in philadelphia we run alot of strreet drag and got some kickass cars hit me up if you want to race, only philly's fastest race here.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78377.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1212308   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vr52954.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	1212309