Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Greenflag Raceway, Hesperia, CA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok Guys I see who's online but no REPLYS...... SAD

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lol Robert calm down and take a deep breath for a sec. You just posted like half an hour ago. Give it time and I am sure you will see reply's.

Actaully I am glad you posted this because I can tell you FOR SURE no one wants any racers (especially new guys) to feel like they are getting cheated. Also I know POSITIVELY they dont want guys to NOT come. Rick and Dave "Volunteer" their weekends so that all of us can go out there and have fun. They dont get paid and are not professionals maybe they dont regulate the track as well as some of the bigger tracks do, but they try their best. All you have to do is go up and talk to them before hand and let them know how you are feeling. Just this past weekend there was a guy there with a truggy and it was HIS FIRST TIME EVER racing. We put him in the truggy class with the other 3 guys that were there (sportsman and experts) and he did what he could and had fun. Obviously it will be awhile before he gets "the win" but still what other choice does he have other than to "NOT COME"? I can see your point of view but maybe you need to see their side also?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

:,)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey guy lets just start outby saying that i started with an rtr i then saved my money and bought a losi 8t and i put in a 28 this doesnt make me a pro or make me drive any better i know of 9 year olds that still whoop me as for saying that i should be in a different race than you because of your equipment is stupid how big do you think greenflag is its just a small racetrack for people to have fun dont be such a poorsport maybe we should have just a kids race thaat would be good because then maybe ill win for a change lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is a good topic and I had to see where this was going as in your first post, " it dosen't matter to me", but you were not being truthful till your last post.
    So here is my legimate answer.

First you need to put yourself in the directors chair and put together the race with what you have, so it will be more than just 1 or 2 cars in the heat. Cause thats what people want to do, race with other people. Based on the amount of cars we have to run just one or two classes and that is what we get. All of the time I am thinking about the drivers and do move them to expert or other. If that is the only class, because of turn out, then that is what we have to run. I know it is not fair for a beginner to run with the experts, but some classes especially Truggy we only get 3 to 4.... we can't run one or two beginners, we need at least 4 in each class...so that's 8 truggys total...we only get maybe 4

If you have a problem with someone, it is rule for you to contest at the race event to the track director at the time of the insident. And only the Track Director.

Complaining about poor sportmanship on this forum is one way to express your anger, but stick to RCU rules of the forum, but , Please next time let us know and we will try to place anyone some where else.
    When we have a point series or prizes then the rules come down to the T.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I will just add after seeing this last post reas040459 who's buying skills??? You say let them race in the right class....LET them?? thats how they sand bag... No we have to be race directors and put them were they should be based on what we know about them... If I tell you we have a sportsman and expert it is you choice to go home. I tell them what classes we are having and no one ever says no.

You must have never said anything till now. We always adjusted when people ask.

Go to Rev and race beginner and see what you are up against.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

reas040459, I think he is saying the problem is not enough people show up to have all the right classes. It would be nice to have a beginner and novice class but like he said we would need more people to sign up. Most of the people that race in the sportsman class there would probably race novice or sportsman at any other track. Like Jim said last week a guy for his FIRST time ever running on a track ran with the truggys, expert and sportsman[X(] AND, he had a blast.

SO Rick when is the big green tractor going to come to green flag?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dave's working on that one, for maybe around March 14

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cool. I'd like to help out again.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Its my turn, Why we run our races the way we do???? Three reasons, 1, turn out, 2,race program, 3, time.
    Turn out is the biggest factor in creating heats and classes by ability. Often there is not enough entries to warrant a heat
    for each ability.Therefore, we will combine abilities in classes to make a heat. Remember 4 in a heat is 4 turn marshals for the next race. When abilities are combined racers are scored by ability . Example: An exp. racer wins the race. 3 sport racers finish 2nd 3rd and 4th and 2 beginners are 5th and 6th. The 2nd place racer is 1st sportsman and the 5th place racer is 1st in beginner

I race for the race. Winning is only a moment at the end of the race. By the way I won 5 times in 17 years and I remember each moment.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

reas040459 you are mistaken about the people you race with most do not have big budgets the type of car you drive does not dictate what class you run in it is your driving skills, just because you have a 1500 $ car does not make you a better driver. Rick and Dave have already explained why we have the classes we have so I won't go into that again. If you get enough people that have rtr,s (4 or more) show up on race day then we can make a rtr class. As for your complaint about specific drivers, Rick has been driving about 2 years his skill level has improved greatly but he is still only a sportsman driver that is why his fellow drivers gave him props for his win of witch he has not had many. Kurt has only been racing about 6 months and is running in the class he should be, Donald also has been racing about six months, none of these drivers have had enough wins to warrant moving them to expert class. If there is someone you feel is sand -bagging then say something to the race director on race day and we will try to take care of it. Remember just because someone is faster than you that doesn't make them a sand baggier. I hope this helps you understand this better. if you wish to help make Greenflag a better place to race come out and volunteer become part of the process this can only help make this a better place to race. If you would like to discuss this more email me your name & number and I well be happy to discuss it farther.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok my turn!!!! if your kids are gonna give up because there new and cant win right out of the gate! your fault, try to teach practice, now who is bragging about how good they are? are you making this up? are you just board? if you go to rev and expect to have a chance you should sell everything now. OR you can practice, get better and compete. ive been going to green flag since they opened, i bought the cheapest car you can and had fun, got better and moved up, with PRACTICE!!!! STOP BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE. go and have a good time.... rick and dave- great job 99.9% of peps think your right on que!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: reas040459

We'll. I'll put it this way, I have two kids who won't race there due to these issues. my hat goes of to the Rick and Dave for spending there time there thats great. but if you look at the whole picture is it right to allow these things to go on....I do have a right to express my feeling and thoughts on this..... YES, and when it affects many other people and I hear them talk week after week at the track and see them pack up before the race it bothers me. My son's have not been there racing in 4 months, both of them are going to sell there equipment cheap s there, that why I expressed my thought on the matter. now you know why. Anyway I said my piece and I'm done. Guys keep winning anyway you can... For get the new commer or child or Adult to satisfiy your own needs LOL I thank you all for hearing me out.. Goodnight Gents Robert
    how cheap are you selling the rtr's? my son needs a truggy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

fxstd24 '' don't be stupid you moron "

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

anyways whats new any new plans? rick/dave you need anything repaired? ill be around till fri morning.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My Turn...... I'm going to race for the first time in two weeks (I Hope), I'm racing a RTR Lost 8ight, My questions is if there's 4 or 5 beginners wanting to race why couldn't you have the buggies and truggies race together in a beginner race? Does one have an advantage over another? If thats ok then reas040459, have your kids come out and race on the 1st.... Thats three all we need is one more beginner to have 4. Does that work for everyone? I use to race back in the 80's and it was fun to watch the beginners race, They run into everything...LOL

Mark

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Come by the track Thursday about 3:00. The packer is still in one piece, although a inspection would be good. We plan on working it perty hard the next couple of months. Thursdays plan is crash wall prep. and grooming the dirt while it is still soft.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The only disadvantage the buggy has against the Truggy is size. If you dont mind running against truggies and them maybe running into you like beginners do then I see no problem running you altogether in fact I think it would be a great idea

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it sounds like your the type of guy that dont like to lose, Race the clock win or lose just have fun i get the same times as you 45 -50 sec i dont cry about sportmen expert pro i just have fun and socialize with people.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Robert, I will ask you to come and see Dave or me next time you come down, this needs to be resolved at the track, not on this forum. We have solutions.

I will ask everyone to change the topic and stop this. This has led to bashing people and not abideing by RCU policies.

Thank You
    Rick A.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My turn.. well this is Kurt,Machine almost had it right been racing 7 1/2 months or so,never raced anywhere else,started hanging around the track in March trying to learn as much about what car to buy etc.may have raced expert 1 or 2 times and was quikly moved back down to sportman.but anyway another class could make things better if we have the turn out,but like dave said time is a issue!

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast