Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

RACING IN ROCKFORD IL.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:51 PM
rcnutstoo
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RACING IN ROCKFORD IL.

Is anyone racing in or around Rockford IL. anymore? I'm looking to get back into racing 1/10 scale off-road was wondering where the tracks are, and what classes and cars or trucks are running. I ck the hobby shop and it's a joke (I hope) I did'nt see any rc10 and only one Losi. I was told that only traxxas were racing???????? in my day those were toys not race cars or trucks I looked at the slash truck I was told would be the only thing to run and it did'nt look as good as the Losi. I was told not to waste my money on it cause I could'nt run it Please tell me this is not true. Are we reduced to racing back yard toys now?I only hope I was just given a sales pitch and not the truth someone pinch me before I wake up racing a tamaya grasshopper
Old 10-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Tim G

Default RE: RACING IN ROCKFORD IL.

I agree with you, no one around here is running 10<sup>th</sup> scale anymore and I also though of Traxxas as junk.I just started racing again after a 6 years layoff and didn’t want the hassle of 1/8<sup>th</sup> scale again.Picked up a slash and really love it.I am very competitive, we have close racing and the best thing is going up and coming down from the drivers stand laughing.Find a track and give the slash or sc10 a try.

Tim
Old 10-12-2009, 11:23 PM
rcnutstoo

That cool, how does the slash run against an SC10 or a Losi?
What did you run in the past?
I ran RC10, JRX-2 and JRX-T, that probably shows my age but the RC10 was before they even had a truck they were just RC10's I havnt even seen the SC10 yet my LHS does'nt stock it, they dont have any Associated stuff at all.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:10 PM
Tim G

I started racing in the early 80's and if you didn't have a rc10 you didn't have a chance. Raced 4wd turbo optima and several differant road cars. Got back into racing with a losi electric and gas truck and xxx4, associated electric truck, and mugan 1/8 scale. I really liked the gas trucks because it took a good driver to win and the 1/8 scale takes to much time and workfor me now. I have had more fun with the corr truck than anything so far. I think the sc10 should be faster but haven't seen it yet, (that's going to cost me)the slash is less likely to break but not as adjustable. Here is a link to our lastrace.

Tim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR8f7TaGBzs

Old 10-13-2009, 08:06 PM
rcnutstoo

Tim, is that the electric slash trucks in the vidio?
I hope that was you driving the blue and white truck. That was some good driving apart from a couple mistakes a very good race.
I always said. "It's not how fast you go,It's how you go fast".

Old 10-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Tim G

that's my stock truck, it looks slow to watch but because of the lack of traction they are on the edge all the time. i also have a bad habbit of watching everything but may truck at times. my son was filming and didn't know i had planed to post them, that'swhy he stayed on my trucks most of the time. the mod class could be very fast but that was our first race with them and still needs a lot of setup changes.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:50 PM
rcnutstoo

That is really encouraging. if they run like that it should be fun racing I was afraid it would be like driving a grasshopper or frog we used to tear those things up with the RC10. They are talking about running a box stock class,I have a buddy who has never raced, but is a decent driver, he wants me to join him racing the stock slash class next summer. I think I'll get a Spectrum radio and give it a try. My LHS told me he would sell me one without the radio and I could put in my own. they have a 3 channel that comes with two receivers for about $200 Then I'll have a spare for a Losi or SC10
Old 10-13-2009, 11:07 PM
dac8

Attn: better get your slash's now before the prices go up before the holiday sales I noticed tower raised the price 15.00 so they can lower the price for christmas to what they normaly sell for and say its on sale PS: love my slash been in hobby over 20years slash is one of my favorites
Old 02-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Sancho1388

i know this a dead tread but i didnt want to make a new one if i didnt have to. but i go to Millennium Raceway at the old golf and games by Cherryvalle mall. due to the cold only the inside track is open and there only running 1/36 scale and 1/18. but they have a dirt track outside in front and a road course in back. i hope to see you guys out there.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:04 AM
rcnutstoo

Sancho, we just got done with a league at millennium and a new one started last week I'm running 1/36 class  Andy
Old 02-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Sancho1388

i was there. i was running the green Losi Mini DT. i was the newb that kept falling off the track lol
Old 02-16-2010, 11:17 AM
rcnutstoo

oh ok. looked like you might need some help with setup? My bud Jason and I can help you if you want. He took first in the 1/18 class in the last league. we are the two old fat guy's
Old 02-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Sancho1388

that would be kool. i would be practicing but i busted a link and im waiting for parts to get here =[. im gonna be building a decent sized track here pretty soon if your interested. you would be more then welcome to come. and if possible help is always nice
Old 02-16-2010, 11:28 AM
rcnutstoo

No problem see ya Friday
Old 03-10-2010, 08:20 PM
NitroRage

I'm in Rockford Too,, I'd Love to Get Some People to Race With,, Never Knew the Place out at the Mall Had RC Car Racing,, I Thought it was Only Slot Cars... And I Also Have 1/36th Losi Cars and 1/18th Cars... Well to Tell the Truth I Have Every Scale RC Cars From 1/36th to 1/4 scale.......... I had Not been here on RCU for some Time, I Love That There is a Rockford IL Thread.. Now if we can Only get as Many People Here in the Rockford aria To Start Racing together and Get More Places to Race.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:39 AM
NitroRage

OH Hey Guys,,, What Time Friday Is the Races At Millennium????? I Want to Show Up Too!!!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 03:30 AM
rcnutstoo

Friday night at 6pm I'm done racing for the winter but the rest of the guy's are there. Have fun see you there sometime.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:44 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leisure Hours in Joliet has some nice tracks. A little bit of a ride, but it's worth it. http://www.leisurehoursraceway.com/
Old 03-15-2010, 07:56 PM
NitroRage

I Know About Leisure Hours,, I Might Go Check it out this summer,, But Mainly Want to Stay Here in Rockford... I Did go out to Millennium, The Out Door Course Looks Cool. I Want to Race My 4WD BJ4 Buggys and My 2wd Short Course Truck in the 10th scale classes,, and My 2wd and 4wd 1/18th scale's..
Old 03-15-2010, 08:30 PM
rcnutstoo

In case you guy's don't know yet there is an outdoor track on the west side.
off Riverside, where it turns into Springfield there is a church on the north side of the road. Turn in to the driveway there and make the first left and you will drive right into it. I will post more info on it later.

here is the linkwww.raceemrc.com/Home_Page.php

Old 03-19-2010, 01:36 PM
NitroRage

Andy,, Thanks For The Info on that Track.. I Heard About it, But Didnt Know How to get to it,, Thanks.. Sancho Came over the other Day And we Raced some 1/18th Mini Losi's around, Had a Blast!!! We Will Have to get you to come out and race with us sometime... I'll PM you with my Contact Info... Hope to talk to ya soon...
Old 06-13-2012, 11:54 AM
22justin82

I know this thread is dead but just wondering if anything is still happening in Rockford?
Old 04-25-2021, 06:18 PM
Chucklez89

Default 2021 rockford il

Looking for sunlight in this dead thread. Does any one still do this in rockford? Maybe rebirth a rc club or even just a bunch of people racing at the bmx track
Old 04-25-2021, 06:21 PM
Chucklez89

Originally Posted by Sancho1388
that would be kool. i would be practicing but i busted a link and im waiting for parts to get here =[. im gonna be building a decent sized track here pretty soon if your interested. you would be more then welcome to come. and if possible help is always nice
just wondering if this got done and how did it turn out?
Old 07-30-2021, 08:06 AM
tejotasbd

Default hi. i need help (boots on the ground) in Rockford, IL - im about to lose my TMAXX

hi, i dont want to do multiple posts, but despair and panic are in me right now, lol - anyone who is in/near Rockford, IL - im going to paste in my post from the General Elec buggy/truck forum

I'm in Delaware - just purchased a tmaxx that's in Rockford, Illinois. There is fuel in the tank and I assume tubing, so Goodwill that I bought it from won't ship it, and the ups store that agreed to ship it won't ship it because of the fuel....4 screws/bolts would remove the tank, so who is nearby that can pick it up from Goodwill and ship to me, with or without the gas tank? Keep the engine too, lol. And I pay shipping/handling etc - gouge me if you want !