RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Middle Georgians wanted (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2617105-middle-georgians-wanted.html)

HPIFAN 02-03-2005 01:29 PM

Middle Georgians wanted

how many people from Middle Georgia do we have on RC Universe? I know this hobby is not as popular here as it is in other parts of the country, but it is growing. Me & my freinds like to get together on weekends so please reply if your interested.

chaos racer 02-03-2005 02:33 PM

RE: Middle Georgians wanted

yazoobass &chaosracer are in macon

fhm101 02-04-2005 03:09 AM

I don't know haw far you are from Sugar Hill but they have a very nice rc race park there.

HPIFAN 02-04-2005 06:46 PM

hey, are you guys on road or off? I have both (RS4 EVO & a SAVAGE) although I LOVEEEE on road . We run mostly at the old Walmart in Warner Robins ( wich is now Big Lots). Where do yall go.

chaos racer 02-04-2005 07:10 PM

mostly offroad we go to the old drive in on 247 behiend defore lots of room a combo of sand and dirt some long striats

supernova803 02-04-2005 11:22 PM

It's quite a drive from here to Macon.;)

chaos racer 02-07-2005 10:06 PM

YEAH THATS THE CATCH WERE IS THE VILLA I THOUHT ABOUT TRYING SUGERHILL IN DUBLIN BUT AS MUCH AS I LIKE TO PLAY THAT IS TO FAR ABOUT AN HOUR /HAFTride

supernova803 02-08-2005 04:27 PM

Villa Rica is in carroll county.[:o] Closest thing to be is my lhs rack but they don't have organized racing[:'(]. The closest real racing track to me is tfb raceway.

rc_flyer428 02-08-2005 09:27 PM

i am in banks county

chaos racer 02-12-2005 03:41 PM

i'm out now i"v lost my compresion

46u 02-12-2005 05:06 PM

ORIGINAL: HPIFAN

how many people from Middle Georgia do we have on RC Universe? I know this hobby is not as popular here as it is in other parts of the country, but it is growing. Me & my freinds like to get together on weekends so please reply if your interested.
HPIFAN where are you located? I live in Macon. I run quite a few of different RC cars and trucks both Nitro and Electric. I all so run Kyosho Mini-Z’s and have two RCP tracks when put together makes a good size track for Mini-Z’s and HPI Micro. There are two tracks here in and near Macon. One off road at Hobby Town USA but do not like the shop so I have never tried running there. Poor service and most of the people there know nothing about RC cars and trucks! Then there is one on road near the airport and I have never been there as it is an oval and I like tracks where the wheels turn both directions. I just bash in my yard or in the house on my RCP track by my self, as I know no one around here that is in to RC cars and trucks. [8D] My off road are HPI MT Racer and Rush.

HPIFAN 02-17-2005 08:17 PM

46u, sorry it took so long to reply, been busy. I live in Byron, work in Warner Robins, bash my SAVAGE anywere. Like I said before, we usualy run on road @ the old WALMART in W.R. & have a blast ( except my brother, smashed his TC3 @ about 45MPH, tore it up pretty good. Not a scratch on the old RS4 EVO though.) We just throw up some cones & go for it. What about the track @ the airport, does any body go, is it worth a crap?
Yea, your right about the local HOBBYTOWN, it blows. No parts & no one knows whats going on except the one guy who thinks he is a know it all, I think he is the owner or manager or something like that. He is realy a pain. I dont have any minis though. My buddy has a Miny-T(among other things) & thats about it. Do you have any nitro on-road?

46u 02-17-2005 09:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As you can see from my signature at the vehicles I own I am in to F1 racing. The only on road nitro I have is a not so good Ofna F1 that they do not make any more. The only reason I have it is because I do like F1 racing so much and F1 nitro are hard to fine. It only has a .10 size engine. Here are some pictures. All so I include a picture of about half of my RCP track and some of my other RC cars and trucks as I have more now.

46u 02-17-2005 10:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am sorry just looked at the paper work and it does have a .12 size engine. They made this with both the .10 and the .12 and mine is the .12. Here is a picture of the box. :D:D

REVOJoe 02-18-2005 08:19 PM

Hey neighbors,
I work in macon , well... i work all of middle Georgia and I'm in the Maconarea a couple days a month. I live in the Lawrenceville-Suwanee area just a few minutes from the Sugar Bowl track. I've been there and it is nice but is never open during the day like there sign says. there is a LHS guy in Loganville that is talking about building a track at his new location this spring, it will be a dirt track. It would be cool to have a dirt track to run at in macon when I get done working , just to de-stress a little with my Revo before I start the 2 hour drive back home. Keep me posted of any cool places to run in Byron, WR or Macon as it wood be cool to find a track to bash at.
email me back with any info, thanks
Joe

HPIFAN 02-24-2005 07:59 PM

hey REVOJoe, did you say someone was building a lhs/track in Macon?

3/Stripes 02-24-2005 10:33 PM

Just wanted to say wassup to the fellow Georgians.

I live in southeast Georgia (Savannah)

REVOJoe 02-24-2005 11:19 PM

let me clear this up.... there is a new track planned for Loganville Ga , I do not know of anything in Macon.. keep dreaming though :D
Hey, I once heard" build it and they will come":)
Joe

skylingtr348 07-20-2005 10:54 PM

Hey fello georgians i live in McDonough about 20 miles south of Atlanta and im into drifting but when i get a job ima get a nitro buggy probally or a electric buggy with a brushless setup right now i got a HPI RS4 sport.

cman9toes 07-22-2005 04:36 PM

Hi y'all,
I live in locuct grove, just south of mcdonough. My brother in-law is planning a dirt track right now. It will be right behind my house. It will be about an acre or so. I here ther is one downin griffin, although we have yet to find it. I'll keep y'all informed, we want to get some friendly races going. If anyone has any advice for the track we would greatly appreacate it.

skylingtr348 07-25-2005 03:18 PM

ORIGINAL: cman9toes

Hi y'all,
I live in locuct grove, just south of mcdonough. My brother in-law is planning a dirt track right now. It will be right behind my house. It will be about an acre or so. I here ther is one downin griffin, although we have yet to find it. I'll keep y'all informed, we want to get some friendly races going. If anyone has any advice for the track we would greatly appreacate it.
racing what anything nitro electric i think im get aRC18mt 1\18 scale

cman9toes 07-25-2005 05:30 PM

All my family has revos but we will run anything, if we get enough people to run different heats that will be great. I hope we can get the track done by the end of august

cman9toes 08-08-2005 10:34 PM

Hi all,
Got an update on a track. It is in Williamson. The website for the track is http://www.boyztoyzrc.com/ The name of the track is the Rod Slinger rc Raceway. Apparently they run pro rc races there. It cost five bucks to run and they open 10am-7pm daily. I'm going to go check it out this week.

We haven't started on our backyard track due to all the rain.
skylingtr348 did you get a rc18mt? I'm looking at a half8.

46u 08-30-2005 01:28 AM

I found this neat track near Griffin Georgia! They are open daily for practice for only $5. They all so have races. It is only around 50 miles from Macon. I plain on going up there and playing in the next couple of weeks. Check out there web site and they have a form all so. Hope to see some Macon people up there.

http://www.boyztoyzrc.com/

:D

cman9toes 08-30-2005 07:58 AM

Hey 46u,
That is the Rod Slinger raceway. When you go let me know and I'll try to come out too. When you are coming down the road look for a sign about the size of a FOR SALE sign. You can not see the track from the road. It is behind a couple of houses, but is a nice track none the less. You can also get to the track with out coming up to griffin. If you turn down 19 toward Zebulon and as you come into town Williamson road will be on your right. Turn there and the track will be just a couple of miles up the road on the right. It will cut 15 minutes of your trip or so.

Any how drop me a line when you plan on going out, I don't live too far from there.

ps Have you been bibbing on half8's on ebay? Me too:)