RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   TRACK IN HESPERIA CALIFORNIA (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/4897153-track-hesperia-california.html)

Descommracer 08-17-2008 12:49 PM

RE: TRACK IN HESPERIA CALIFORNIA

1 Attachment(s)
HRPD Green Flag Raceway Results Buggy Novice and Sportsman.

Descommracer 08-21-2008 06:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thursday 8-21-08 5PM track maintance night. Volunters welcome.

Descommracer 08-21-2008 06:46 PM

Notice: We had someone vandel some copper wire from our lights......We will not be able to race at night for 2 - 3 weeks as of now. Will can only race in the day to dark....suggestions?

lpmold 08-21-2008 09:46 PM

Will Hesperia Parks and Rec have it repaired, or is there another option? Is there a way to rewire it more securely? Well, i had a great time on Sat for my first race at Green Flag so i hope this can be repaired.

Larry

Descommracer 08-22-2008 12:04 AM

Yes it will be repaired...not much more you can do....when they have big tools to rip it open....

lpmold 08-23-2008 04:06 PM

Do you ever have a practice nite, where we can wet and prep the track? The track is very loose and dusty to practice on except on race nite.

lpmold 08-23-2008 07:19 PM

FYI...there may be another problem at the track, seems the water is off and the valve boxes now have screws in them. I spoke to the guy that runs the slot car track, and he sent his son out to look at the valves and found them screwed closed. I hope this is not in the hands of the slot guys,sounds like they could care less.
I will call Hesperia parks and Rec on Monday, i don't know about you all, but i have a lot of $$ invested to see this go away so soon. If anyone hears of repairs to happen, please post it!

Thanks.

dunefaster 08-27-2008 10:24 AM

we all have lots of money and time wrapped into this hobby, but the theifs will never stop! so it makes it real hard to get anything accomplished.

lpmold 08-27-2008 11:28 PM

Hesperia park and rec requires that a complaint be submited in writing. Email is acceptable. Please send your concerns to: [[email protected]] attn. Cal Camara.
Please take the 2 minutes to do this, and ask friends to do so too. This helps to show public involvment and use, and the need to repair the facility.

you don't need to use the [ ] symbol

Super Slave 08-27-2008 11:53 PM

DARN IT
I was looking forward to racing sat. night . The lights should be fixed by our next race day Sept. 6 at 5:00 .
Track change anyone? I have some great ideas on how the new lay out will be. Hope all you local racers will help,its alot of work. Rick and I did the last change . It took us 2 weeks working every night after work. Green Flag needs real dedicated volunteers in order to continue to grow into a track we can be proud of.
Suport the cause Super Dave Track Slave

dzgruntld 08-28-2008 12:46 AM

Track Change?

I don't know how much work is involved in redesigning an out-door track, but I would like to add my two cents worth for ideas.

Could the track be laid out in such a way so 1/10 scale could run it also without the track being so big, maybe make a loop that the 1/8 nitro's would use but not the 1/10 electrics.

I think, again my two cents worth, that could invite more 1/10 scale racers and more new people.

They would not see the track so big and imitating maybe. They, racers and parents, would see that you don't have to have a "huge" and "$$$" RC car to race and have fun.

More people racing, no matter the scale, nitro or electric could only be good.

I would like to help in some way that my physical limitations would allow. Can I supervise??

Illeagle 08-28-2008 12:51 AM

YOU AND RICK DID THE LAST TRACK CHANGE!!!!!!??????? My ass was sore for two days from James' tractor! Aw man I get no credit at all! That blows. [>:]LOL, thanks Dave.;)

dunefaster 08-28-2008 12:38 PM

dave when are you thinking of changing the layout???? i think its a great idea! its been awhile and i beleave jims ass is all better! lol. the last layout was way better. and as far as dzgruntld idea of spliting track, sounds good but it will be hard to incorperate the timing loop with half track. unless they all run on the west side but how much fun would that be?:D

Descommracer 08-28-2008 10:03 PM

My two cents is when it gets cooler and we get some rain, we will think about changing it, but it is a lot of hard work as said above.... I think the track is fine for 10th scale, and if anything we will make it bigger, as our plan is to square it up and add more crash wall down the back side.

1/10th scale is a lot harder to incorperate into a 1/8 scale track... but can be done with the right layout, and will consider making some sort of cut off from the big track for the 1/10 scale.

dzgruntld 08-28-2008 10:36 PM

Descommracer

Thanks for for loking at my "two cents'. Don't get me wrong the the track is great.

I am thinking of new racers, (and myself).

An 1/8 scale size track can look a little imitating and for anybody, an 1/8 scale car is $$$.

I sent an email to Hesperia Park & Rec's like Ipmold suggested, hope it helps.

Descommracer 08-29-2008 10:09 AM

HRPD Green Flag Raceway will be closed for the Labor Day weekend...We got to go to the river too! Normal summer schedule to resume 9-6-08 3PM.

Super Slave 08-31-2008 05:33 PM

Track change proposed
is going to be simple,basic pipe change and a small bit of dirt work. no tractor. Also we need to deal with some rut and rock removal. Therefore,Track changes to be started Thursday Sept. 4 at 5:00 pm. Track work will have to be completed Sat. Sept 6 morning for Sat. night Racing. The change is easy and more fun to do as a group. GFR can comp racing to a few dedicated volunteers.This track change will not happen with out volunteers Please reply or call me or Rick if you can help out.
By the way Rick and I are the supervisors,although we always need fulltime hose operators. As for as illeagle's sore spot ,it is recognized from the past ,but feel it needs to be renewed LOL THANKS for your suport.
Suport the cause and suport Green Flag Raceway Super Dave

Illeagle 09-02-2008 12:36 AM

Hey Rick or Dave (or anyone) do you have a phone number for Ricky Racer? The one I have keeps saying not in service. Please call me if you do. thanks.

lpmold 09-03-2008 10:46 PM

I can be there by 5:30. Should i bring a shovel and large rake or do you have enough tools? They must have fixed the lights if we are racing at night again??

Super Slave 09-03-2008 11:54 PM

The lights are stil in work , bring a rake' thanks, super dave

lpmold 09-04-2008 10:14 AM

will do.

Descommracer 09-08-2008 07:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
HRPD Green Flag Raceway race results for 10th scale 9-6-08

Descommracer 09-08-2008 07:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
HRPD Green Flag Raceway race results for Truggy A Main 9-6-08

Descommracer 09-08-2008 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
HRPD Green Flag Raceway race results for Buggy A Main 9-6-08

dunefaster 09-10-2008 02:37 PM

great job on changes dave!!:D im glad to there was 11 of us doing maint on thrusday night! maybe this will continue. damn jeff you were the fastest of the night!!!! one more lap then those buggy guys lol. i thought those buggies were fast lol:D