RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Atlanta GA Tracks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/598538-atlanta-ga-tracks.html)

ramspott 03-03-2003 10:42 PM

Atlanta GA Tracks

Hi all,

What tracks in and around Atlanta do people do off-road racing in? I have an E-Maxx and a T-Maxx 2.5.

I am currently racing in a great new track down in Locust Grove, GA. It is about a half-hour south of Atlanta, right off I-75 (the Tanger Outlet center exit). I have been a customer at this track, called the Hobby South Raceway, since it opened in January. We have a number of regulars, but we need more!

The track has a small shop that sells cars and parts, and Rod, the guy that runs the place, can start any engine and fix any vehicle. He has always been able to help me out of a jam!

Check out the website at www.hobbysouth.com. The website is still under construction, but the track is in great shape. The track is open both Saturday AND Sunday, with races usually held Saturday. The only day it is closed entirely is Wednesday.

I am just a customer there, but you can email me if you like. But better to call the shop (770-914-3490) or visit the website.

Where does everybody else go? I am a beginner myself, so I am still dependent on my local hobby shops.

John E. Ramspott

ramspott 03-07-2003 10:25 PM

Atlanta GA Tracks

I have a quick update of interest. I talked to Rod, the owner, this week, and starting this weekend he will be renting out 1/8-scale buggies!! I have a T-Maxx, and have wanted to try 1/8 scale without buying. He took the HotBodies buggy and replaced the steering servo, upgraded the radio, and a few other hop-ups. I think he said he has built 5 so far to rent out. Pretty cool. Does anybody else rent out nitro vehicles at their track?

John E. Ramspott

trinityiluth 04-07-2003 04:38 AM

Atlanta GA Tracks

what atlanta tracks for such a big city they have none that i know of and i have searched. the best one that's close to you is the sugarbowl raceway.they have oofroad on saturdays.and are located in cummings. on hwy20. web site is sugarbowlrc.com. they have racing hours and hobby shop hours posted there. plus directions . they do run e-maxx's and t-maxx's.
hope htis helps.

looking for tracks myself

AllAmericanDan 04-30-2003 04:57 AM

Atlanta GA Tracks

RC Toys for Boys is in Marietta area west Atlanta. You also have Funtime Hobbies over in Stone mountian area.
Jsut getting into racing I have bashed around the yard with my losi buggie long enough. Sadly trying touring car racing though instead of off road.

BUGGIES_R_US 07-10-2003 01:29 AM

Atlanta GA Tracks

HEy guys.. just saw this thread..

real quick: HOBBYSOUTH IS OUT OF THE RC BUSINESS?
I called that number and it was a private residence and she sounded pissed!!!

Just wanna let you know!

I live in north georgia in gwinett/duluth area. I havent been to funtime.. but I'm getin a kick out of the sugarbowl.. up in buford..

Btw.. do you guys know of any stores that carry buggy parts/accessories for mugen?!

ram