RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   NEW YORK CITY BASH (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/8115309-new-york-city-bash.html)

Aimlessone 06-20-2009 11:44 PM

RE: NEW YORK CITY BASH

Fellow Brooklynite here, if you don't mind bashing with a electric guy I would be happy to show up and have some fun.

FYI, my Evader is on 27mhz channel A4 or 27.145mhz to be exact.

Edit: Is the sand in the track loose enough to warrant sand paddles?

CranKitUP 06-21-2009 08:28 AM

Hey Aimlessone. Your welcome come out and have some fun! I went yesterday evening for a few in between the the rain showers. Electric i coool....im thinkin about geting one has a second truck. The sand is loose in some places but not all.
The rain is spose to stop this morning so i may go out there this afternoon around 11 or 12 for a few...hit me up if your available..
ill PM u my cell...

Noc 06-21-2009 07:36 PM

I checked it out and saw CrankitUp there. Here is a vid from my iphone. The spot is perfect for the baja. I burned two tanks. Most off road fun I've had yet. Nice find CrankitUp.

brooklyn offroad bash.

I'm still getting used to the iphone having video so I'm still getting the hang of which way to hold it for wide angle.

Noc

CranKitUP 06-21-2009 07:58 PM

Was fun today guys!!!
Meet up with Aimlessone & Noc at the bash spot in back of BJs today....

Here a short vid of the fun!!!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ7FziGwQbU[/youtube]

I created a Brooklyn Bashers Youtube page for us to upload our vids. Noc how did your video come out? ...oh and was that the new iphone u had??...i just got to thinkin u was recording video with it.

B.T.D.T. 06-21-2009 08:23 PM

Looking good guys.  Have to make my way back there one weekend. 

Aimlessone 06-21-2009 08:44 PM

Today was a blast bashing with CranKitUP and Noc. Even though I only had on-road tires my Evader still drove pretty well, I need to look into getting a pair of paddle tires.

On a side note: I cleaned off about a 1/4lbs of sand off my truck when I got home, all in a day's bashing I suppose.

Noc 06-28-2009 05:47 AM

This area is officially out of the question. I got a summons for trespassing on Friday. As I was leaving they saw me. They said nearby security called them. This is due to the burnt out car that is on the lot that is spooking everyone. They don't want anyone back there for anything.

Noc

CranKitUP 06-28-2009 11:48 AM

Not for me and my bash buddies!! For one, its prolly not a good idea to drive back there and park in the open where peps could see u..thats prolly why they bothered in the first place...the mall security prolly saw u. You have to walk further back in the feild where the ATV's run...not in the front in the open near the street...and no where near the burnt car where u were last week. The spot is very big , youve only seen a small section...if your going to run there you must go further back. If they cant see u, how they gonna know your back there?? Ive seen ATVs back there for the past 2 years and NO ONE bothers them. PLUS....There are no "no trespassing" signs no where around there.
We will still be at this spot on the weekends like we've always been...:D

B.T.D.T. 06-29-2009 08:12 PM

Noc,

Did you drive in or walked in? I hope your going to fight that ticket. There is no signs post from what I remember and also it's not fenced in. It's open to the public to walk thru. Most times if you have the time to fight the ticket it will either get dropped (Take some pictures of the area showing no signs) or reduced. How much was that ticket?

CranKitUP 06-30-2009 07:34 AM

Right B.T.D.T.....most likely u can fight that ticket Noc. Ive asked a few of the ATV bashers i personally know that be back there and they said they never had any problems. If they didnt want peps back there they would have put signs stating that and fences to block it off. If u go back even further youll see were the ATVs have made a good size track for them to bash at (besides the oval closer to the front)

Ill be away on vacation the next 2 weeks so i wont be there...see yall when i get back!!

dayz 07-17-2009 10:34 AM

hey guys, im from staten island. I got a buggy which would be alot of fun to ride on that track. Im not sure where BJS is by the belt. What exiti would it be by?

CranKitUP 07-17-2009 11:00 AM

Hey dayz....it the Erskin Street exit (exit 15)...about 20-30 from the Verrasano (spell check not working), depending on traffic.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...01929&t=h&z=16

Your welcome to come and have some FUN!!...We'll be there Sunday afternoon...pm me if your available.

dayz 07-22-2009 06:00 PM

sorry i couldnt make it. i somehow ****ed up tmy rear diffs. i was going on some gravel surface. no idea how it broke. pretty gay. Anyone know where I can buy Duratrax parts in Brooklyn/Long Island/Jersey??

CranKitUP 07-22-2009 06:42 PM

ive been to a few hobbies shops in he NYC area....and to be honest they suck. They only carry parts for the RC's they sell...and, unfortunately, that list is getting shorter and shorter due to declining business .I usually just get fuel and glow plugs from my LHS and get most (all) my parts from the internet. I stock up on parts during the winter, so when something breaks i already got it...no waiting. I can almost build a whole new truck with spares...LOL.

dayz 07-22-2009 09:57 PM

yea i also got a HPI RS4 and you can get parts for that anywhere. Everyone sells that car. For my buggy I always have to buy my parts online. I just dont like to wait so I try to stock up on parts too.

chazza 07-23-2009 06:19 PM

Anyone in Manhattan? There are a few large basketball courts near my apt in E Village... they're usually unoccupied especially from morning until early afternoon. Might be a good spot for some on-road racing if we set up some cones.

Aimlessone 07-23-2009 11:01 PM

ORIGINAL: chazza

Anyone in Manhattan? There are a few large basketball courts near my apt in E Village... they're usually unoccupied especially from morning until early afternoon. Might be a good spot for some on-road racing if we set up some cones.
I usually bash around in Brooklyn, but the East Village isn't too far of a subway ride away, so I'm interested in some on-road racing. One question though, touring cars only or is anything with wheels and a radio system welcome too?

CranKitUP 07-24-2009 10:04 PM

FYI
Ill be at the Spot behind BJs tomorrow morning/afternoon....if anyone is available, come out and have some FUN!
Ill be there till around 3...:D

chazza 07-25-2009 11:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Aimlessone
I usually bash around in Brooklyn, but the East Village isn't too far of a subway ride away, so I'm interested in some on-road racing. One question though, touring cars only or is anything with wheels and a radio system welcome too?
Haha, welcome?... I have yet to see anyone running RC in Manhattan.. bring whatever you got! I have a Mitsu Evo 6 WRC TB-01 for rallying that I can throw slick tires on... took me forever to paint and decal it properly and I'm sick of bashing it on my cramped rooftop. I'm out of town this wknd but will be around the rest of the summer... PM me or we can organize something in this thread.

chazza 07-25-2009 11:51 AM

Here is one of the huge courts I was talking about in Tompkins Sq Park... there are a couple more nearby but they may belong to private schools and thus locked off on wknds. Usually they're empty before noon so maybe an 11am meeting time would work. I'll need to go out and buy some cones too.

I haven't considered what the cops will think... I doubt they'll mind so long as the park's mostly empty.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...219.67,,0,8.11

Aimlessone 07-25-2009 09:42 PM

The cops won't mind as long as someone isnt running an insanely loud nitro or terrorizing non-RC drivers with what are basically land missiles, in fact they might drop by on break and watch. I think we might be able to set up a short course on some of the foot paths as well, though that might annoy the dog walkers.

Nice setup by the way, I plan to get a touring car as my next vehicle, right now I have a Evader ST/EXT hybrid thats setup for concrete and asphalt, It would be great to race against a TC to see how my current setup fares.

Note: What frequency and channels is your setup using?

chazza 07-26-2009 10:18 AM

I'm running 75MHz-Ch 84 in my TB01... I can also pull the receiver from my Slash which is 27MHz - Ch A5. Of course, now that we're talking about this, I'll probably order a TA05 kit from Tower and their new, cheap 2.4GHz spread spectrum radio!

Aimlessone 07-26-2009 11:31 AM

I've heard great things about the Towerhobbies 2.4ghz system, I plan to get one the next time I order spare parts from Tower.

Aimlessone 07-27-2009 09:57 PM

Chazza: Are you free this weekend for some racing?

chazza 07-28-2009 12:14 AM

Unfortunately another wknd away, will PM...